Damage feels higher now than pre-feb patch

Shiyo.3578

Everyone is forced into zerker amulet if they want to do damage because marauder amulet was nerfed(why??), and bunkers are unkillable without being zerker amulet so everyone is either 2 shotting each other or an invincible bunker.

How is it possible to reduce damage by 33%, but make it feel like it's higher?

The bunkers are the ones that are 2 shotting, the games a disgusting mess. The wrong classes have the burst and ones sopose to be bursting can't deal with the bunkers for their team cuz their neutered due to whines from certain players, ahem cough cough. Population in 6-12 months is gonna be so low it may be time anet just shuts pvp down, no point working on something so little people play.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Population in 6-12 months is gonna be so low it may be time anet just shuts pvp down, no point working on something so little people play.

But, but... wait a moment. Won't the "Steam release or their Community" fix the game? Well, I thought that was the case - until now. :) 

*Whoever finds sarcasm is free to keep it. ;)

Dmg is way too high for my taste. I am a casual player and i am shocked every time when i see people going down from 100% health to 0 in less than 3 seconds vs 2 opponents. I think Anet should buff base health pools for all professions for at least 100% in PvP only. I would like to see Thieves, Eles and Guardian with base health pool around 24k and Warriors, Necros with base health pools 40k +. That would help a bit. Not much but a little bit. Oh, and you are free to remove all Amulets with Toughness and Vitality to compensate with improved health pools :)

After the patch everyone continued playing their bruiser builds so that switching to berserker or marauder gave an advantage as you could kill faster than them. Now everyone plays berserker and marauder and so the inter-build-ratios are back at pre-feb levels (just that everyone can take two more hits than pre-feb). As a result I've adapted my build again to deal with all the glass canons and I am doing fine.

There is maybe a handful of bunker builds in the game and they all just work because of a high defensive boon uptime. This is a boon generation issue, not a damage or gear issue. And of course there is teef...

Just have a boon-stripper on your team. It isn't hard to counter bunkers. Just like you have someone with mobility on your team to go cap home+far and rotate.

Of course if you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect it to be different the 50th time - you are going to fail. But that is just you setting yourself up for failure.

Maybe try learning some of the bunker builds. I know it is hard to make a new character and enter sPvP, but playing them will give you some insight into how to counter them more efficiently.

@"Sifu.9745" said:Dmg is way too high for my taste. I am a casual player and i am shocked every time when i see people going down from 100% health to 0 in less than 3 seconds vs 2 opponents. I think Anet should buff base health pools for all professions for at least 100% in PvP only. I would like to see Thieves, Eles and Guardian with base health pool around 24k and Warriors, Necros with base health pools 40k +. That would help a bit. Not much but a little bit. Oh, and you are free to remove all Amulets with Toughness and Vitality to compensate with improved health pools :)

Well, this post (whether it's a joke or serious) gives an insight ... what goes wrong or causes headaches. No offense (do not take it personally). But based on these suggestions, I would tend to recommend that PvP be completely abolished! Then, yes, then it is "casual" enough - no?

According to such posts you can see how far ANet has managed to make the game (or the mode) what it is today, a pure clown fiesta. :)

How about having a golem as an opponent where you don't have to move to destroy it? Just press 1 1 1 all the time! ANet, the game could be so easy, do something!

@Sifu.9745 said:Dmg is way too high for my taste. I am a casual player and i am shocked every time when i see people going down from 100% health to 0 in less than 3 seconds vs 2 opponents. I think Anet should buff base health pools for all professions for at least 100% in PvP only. I would like to see Thieves, Eles and Guardian with base health pool around 24k and Warriors, Necros with base health pools 40k +. That would help a bit. Not much but a little bit. Oh, and you are free to remove all Amulets with Toughness and Vitality to compensate with improved health pools :)

If you are caught with your guard down vs 2 opponents, you are supposed to die in 3 seconds. If we doubled healthpools, and kept the current sustain, killing anyone would be nigh impossible. There are bunkerbuilds that can even tank 2v1-s for quite long already. Imagine if they had 2 times the healthpool to work with. All that overhealing and doubled barrier cap would turn them into raidbosses.This game used to be so much faster, for a veteran like me it feels really slow and boring(Except roamer vs roamer duels, but that hardly ever happens). I suggest you practise some and get used to the current speed, because there is no way they are halving the pace again while keeping their playerbase. I'd quit thats for sure.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Everyone is forced into zerker amulet if they want to do damage because marauder amulet was nerfed(why??), and bunkers are unkillable without being zerker amulet so everyone is either 2 shotting each other or an invincible bunker.

How is it possible to reduce damage by 33%, but make it feel like it's higher?

It doesn't feel the same at all. I can put on berserker amulet on a deadeye build, slot the 30% damage reduction while revealed trait and facetank an enemy reaper for seconds. SECONDS. The oneshot meta is so far gone.

all high power builds just were pushed out of meta by condi thief.simple as that, now condi thief is gone to basically gold- only noob carry build, people can actually afford to go high power like d/p thief and power rev and even more holo because condi thief was basically it's soft counter

and some other burst condi mix builds were shut down by condi rev. and now condi rev is less pain in the ass, these are playable as well.

basically condi thief and condi rev shut down like 90% of the power meta back in feb 25th.

A lot of power coefficients, might, and vuln generation were all nerfed, so with Zerkers stats a lot of people are doing around the same damage they were doing with Demolishers or Marauders pre-patch. Not all classes, but a few had their damage nerfed enough to where its just necessary to take zerks.

Damage overall probably feels higher because people running those stats go down really easily. It's like being a glass party popper instead of a glass cannon.

Bunkers aren’t unkillable. That’s good.

Zerk can be killed quickly. Well that’s good.

I feel like people didn’t understand that there’s no functional difference between a zerk build that hits for 30k combo and one that hits for 20k. Both will one shot. But, that there is a big difference between a duelist build that hits for 20k versus 14k. Suddenly that duelist isn’t one shot killing nearly as often.

At the high end, a lot of damage is basically useless because HP pools don’t scale that much. So if you hit for 30k it really doesn’t matter getting nerfed to 20k if the average HP is 18k. You still kill them dead with the same skills.

At the low end, you start to see the difference. The point of the 33% nerf wasn’t to prevent ALL one shots. It was to make only glass builds one shot (not saying the patch succeeded either).

@Aplethoraof.2643 said:Just have a boon-stripper on your team. It isn't hard to counter bunkers. Just like you have someone with mobility on your team to go cap home+far and rotate.

Of course if you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect it to be different the 50th time - you are going to fail. But that is just you setting yourself up for failure.

Maybe try learning some of the bunker builds. I know it is hard to make a new character and enter sPvP, but playing them will give you some insight into how to counter them more efficiently.

There's no such thing as a boon stripper anymore, and I've played the bunker guard bunker and I can literally afk 1v1 vs certain builds and live forever. Bunkers are completely out of control, especially the symbol guard versions as they live forever and are impossible to fight regardless of either players skill for most builds.

@Avatar.3568 said:kitten nooo dmg is way lower, soulbeast was able to one shot with mostly every skill

I didn't play pre-feb, but I've talked to a few people who did(and were legend in every HoT season + p2+ every pof) and they all feel that damage is somehow higher despite a 33% nerf.

I can still 1-2 shot on soulbeast with nearly every ability, kick does 7k, wordly impact does 14.4k(nearly 1 shots my zerker thief lol), maul does 10k, rapid fire does 15k+, etc. Add in one wolf pack and all of these are 1 shots or near 1 shots.

I think it's due to zerker amulet being used now, which is 25% damage over marauder and not sure how much more over demo, probably 25-30% as well. On top of this, a lot of classes lost access to passive DR/sustain/prot uptime so that completely counteracts the 33% nerf which means damage isn't lower at all.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Avatar.3568 said:kitten nooo dmg is way lower, soulbeast was able to one shot with mostly every skill

I didn't play pre-feb, but I've talked to a few people who did(and were legend in every HoT season + p2+ every pof) and they all feel that damage is somehow higher despite a 33% nerf.

I can still 1-2 shot on soulbeast with nearly every ability, kick does 7k, wordly impact does 14.4k(nearly 1 shots my zerker thief lol), maul does 10k, rapid fire does 15k+, etc. Add in one wolf pack and all of these are 1 shots or near 1 shots.

I think it's due to zerker amulet being used now, which is 25% damage over marauder and not sure how much more over demo, probably 25-30% as well. On top of this, a lot of classes lost access to passive DR/sustain/prot uptime so that completely counteracts the 33% nerf which means damage isn't lower at all.

I will see you doing that

@Shiyo.3578 said:

I think it's due to zerker amulet being used now, which is 25% damage over marauder and not sure how much more over demo, probably 25-30% as well. On top of this, a lot of classes lost access to passive DR/sustain/prot uptime so that completely counteracts the 33% nerf which means damage isn't lower at all.Your whole post is a complete BS.
  1. You are trying to compare something you didn't witness with what your imaginary leg/plat players told you. Please name some of them to prove me wrong.
  2. Post a video where you actually reach those numbers, just for the fun.3.Berzerker has 20% more power than demo/marauder. The feb-patch is almost like they gave everyone perma protection. Even without doing the math 20 < 33, so there is no way damage would be higher than before just by changing amulets. If you add protection, damage is ~40% less than before.@Shiyo.3578 said:On top of this, a lot of classes lost access to passive DR/sustain/prot uptime so that completely counteracts the 33% nerf which means damage isn't lower at all.prot means damage is reduced. Nerfs means damage is reduced. I don t get how adding damage reduction on top of damage reduction will end up giving damage increasing.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

10k mauls? If you had 25 might and the target had 25 vulnerability, CCed, plus all modifiers. Needless to say this ain’t pve and you won’t be fighting dummies. You will be lucky to average 3-4K per maul in entire sPvP match. And that is not even considering the ones you will miss. And, if rapid fire is hitting 15k at even a mild consistency, why would you play anything beside ranger?

Trying to sell that damage has gone up, is not only false, it is hilariously false. That is like saying the the sky is purple. It is not.

This meta is called CC bunker for a reason.

No might, no vuln. Sic em + 10% dmg after CCing soulbeast trait + attack of opportunity.

It's a bunker meta, except in high level games, where everyone 1 shots each other because everyone in high level games is playing builds to carry games by killing bunkers, and to do that you need to sacrifice ALL defenses for offense(zerker amulet) so everyone 2 shots eachother.

@Shiyo.3578 said:No might, no vuln. Sic em + 10% dmg after CCing soulbeast trait + attack of opportunity.

It's a bunker meta, except in high level games, where everyone 1 shots each other because everyone in high level games is playing builds to carry games by killing bunkers, and to do that you need to sacrifice ALL defenses for offense(zerker amulet) so everyone 2 shots eachother.You talk too much. Show us the video.

@"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:We still have immortal side node bunker in 1vs1 ..., forum: "dmg is to high ?‍♂️"

Sure there r some builds a bit overtuned, nade, sevenshot, ..., but overall we r far away from feb, which does not mean it is gud. This meta is boring af.

this ppl will complain about every build that does bit of burst no matter what , it doenst even matter if they face tank everything

@Shiyo.3578 said:No might, no vuln. Sic em + 10% dmg after CCing soulbeast trait + attack of opportunity.

It's a bunker meta, except in high level games, where everyone 1 shots each other because everyone in high level games is playing builds to carry games by killing bunkers, and to do that you need to sacrifice ALL defenses for offense(zerker amulet) so everyone 2 shots eachother.

All ppl im high games arent playing zerk builds , the only bunker meta is sidenoder part , teamfight is based on reaper tempest wich is hard to kill but not bunker , tempest is not a bunker , and roamer was alwayw high burst builds , bunkers r only nice to sidenode but having two sidenoders is easily to counter as simple as playing two nodes and forcing one sidenoder bunker into teamfight and let thief decap their point or sit there forever and lose

That's the reason why only super hard core players are successful at gw2 PvP and that's a main reason why no one plays pvp these days, because of you guys, with super high ego. You want to one shot everything. You are sooo good, right? You don't know how to enjoy the game, slowly killing your opponents, no, you want to have everything done in a matter of seconds. Go and play counter strike you one shoters! And let me play my condi Scraper.

Unranked? Please, don't make me laugh. There is no PvP for casual players, there is only pvp for fast fingers, not fast thinkers, "thx" to no global cd skills. Why there is not a structure PvP for more casual oriented players who want to play pvp on a more relaxing way? Why everything is made for pro players only? Why we are forced to play certain builds/weapons? There is no fun in gw2 PvP, just stress. I have enough stress in real life. I want to play a game to relax myself, get it?

I am going back to World of Warcraft PvP, which is far better and way more popular than GW 2 PvP for one simple reason: it's made for all kind of players, and fast fingers don't help you much in WoW, because of global cooldown thing. You don't get one shoted there. You don't get two shoted, you don't get three shoted. Maybe you get 10 shoted, if you are really bad or AFK. There are no bunker builds, with exception of healers being unkillable 1 on 1 but that's normal. You can play 2 v 2, 3 vs 3, 10 vs 10, 15 vs 15 and 40 vs 40. In GW2 there is only stupid 5 vs 5! You can play with ranged weapons in WoW PvP without penalty, like a real Mage! Imagine a Staff elementalist in gw2 pvp lol. No, you are limited to daggers only.

@"Sifu.9745" said:That's the reason why only super hard core players are successful at gw2 PvP and that's a main reason why no one plays pvp these days, because of you guys, with super high ego. You want to one shot everything. You are sooo good, right? You don't know how to enjoy the game, slowly killing your opponents, no, you want to have everything done in a matter of seconds. Go and play counter strike you one shoters! And let me play my condi Scraper.

Unranked? Please, don't make me laugh. There is no PvP for casual players, there is only pvp for fast fingers, not fast thinkers, "thx" to no global cd skills. Why there is not a structure PvP for more casual oriented players who want to play pvp on a more relaxing way? Why everything is made for pro players only? Why we are forced to play certain builds/weapons? There is no fun in gw2 PvP, just stress. I have enough stress in real life. I want to play a game to relax myself, get it?

I am going back to World of Warcraft PvP, which is far better and way more popular than GW 2 PvP for one simple reason: it's made for all kind of players, and fast fingers don't help you much in WoW, because of global cooldown thing. You don't get one shoted there. You don't get two shoted, you don't get three shoted. Maybe you get 10 shoted, if you are really bad or AFK. There are no bunker builds, with exception of healers being unkillable 1 on 1 but that's normal. You can play 2 v 2, 3 vs 3, 10 vs 10, 15 vs 15 and 40 vs 40. In GW2 there is only stupid 5 vs 5! You can play with ranged weapons in WoW PvP without penalty, like a real Mage! Imagine a Staff elementalist in gw2 pvp lol. No, you are limited to daggers only.

I call bull shit on the last statement about WoW. LoL.