Damage feels higher now than pre-feb patch

Shiyo.3578

@"Sifu.9745" said:That's the reason why only super hard core players are successful at gw2 PvP and that's a main reason why no one plays pvp these days, because of you guys, with super high ego. You want to one shot everything. You are sooo good, right? You don't know how to enjoy the game, slowly killing your opponents, no, you want to have everything done in a matter of seconds. Go and play counter strike you one shoters! And let me play my condi Scraper.

Unranked? Please, don't make me laugh. There is no PvP for casual players, there is only pvp for fast fingers, not fast thinkers, "thx" to no global cd skills. Why there is not a structure PvP for more casual oriented players who want to play pvp on a more relaxing way? Why everything is made for pro players only? Why we are forced to play certain builds/weapons? There is no fun in gw2 PvP, just stress. I have enough stress in real life. I want to play a game to relax myself, get it?

I am going back to World of Warcraft PvP, which is far better and way more popular than GW 2 PvP for one simple reason: it's made for all kind of players, and fast fingers don't help you much in WoW, because of global cooldown thing. You don't get one shoted there. You don't get two shoted, you don't get three shoted. Maybe you get 10 shoted, if you are really bad or AFK. There are no bunker builds, with exception of healers being unkillable 1 on 1 but that's normal. You can play 2 v 2, 3 vs 3, 10 vs 10, 15 vs 15 and 40 vs 40. In GW2 there is only stupid 5 vs 5! You can play with ranged weapons in WoW PvP without penalty, like a real Mage! Imagine a Staff elementalist in gw2 pvp lol. No, you are limited to daggers only.

No one plays PvP anymore because it's the same old conquest "bread and butter game mode" for the past 8 years, with no new permanent game mode addition, not to mention the competative spirit died some years ago because a group of high end players tainted the lake with constant toxic practices, and anet's incomptence to deal with it. Then we have the ever decreasing variety of options that keeps getting trimmed down, from stat amulets, runes, to sigils. Then there's the pvp gw2 zoomer crusade that wants everything heavily nerfed into oblivion (except for something they might be playing) even if it makes PvP feel worse for everyone else, and with even less options to work with.

At the end of the day Gw2 is a different type of game than WoW despite being in the same genre.. It has the best feeling pvp combat out of every other MMO I played but it greatly mishandled nowadays, and not even supported compared to what PVE and gemstore gets.

Yo, i can respect your choice to switch back again, but this is like "The grass is always greener on the other side." Sort of deal. I'm going to tell you now those have existed in WoW too, but they're going away in the SL pre-patch(corruptions). It's also sort of dishonest to say you don't get one shotted, but maybe get10 shotted , when you have casters like Warlock, free casting Chaos Bolt, or Mages Greater Pyro spam (35% max health damage per hit, or people running Drestagath Trinket/or Remote Guidance device, for non casters. Then there's also Rextroy to prove you wrong too. Yes there's only Conquest 5v5s and gimmicky mini seasons that shouldn't exist, then is the only other thing WvW, for gw2. Staff ele was used in Spvp a long long time ago, I think it was still around the era of 4 ele 1 theif comp, but possibly a little farther back.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@"Sifu.9745" said:That's the reason why only super hard core players are successful at gw2 PvP and that's a main reason why no one plays pvp these days, because of you guys, with super high ego. You want to one shot everything. You are sooo good, right? You don't know how to enjoy the game, slowly killing your opponents, no, you want to have everything done in a matter of seconds. Go and play counter strike you one shoters! And let me play my condi Scraper.

Unranked? Please, don't make me laugh. There is no PvP for casual players, there is only pvp for fast fingers, not fast thinkers, "thx" to no global cd skills. Why there is not a structure PvP for more casual oriented players who want to play pvp on a more relaxing way? Why everything is made for pro players only? Why we are forced to play certain builds/weapons? There is no fun in gw2 PvP, just stress. I have enough stress in real life. I want to play a game to relax myself, get it?

I am going back to World of Warcraft PvP, which is far better and way more popular than GW 2 PvP for one simple reason: it's made for all kind of players, and fast fingers don't help you much in WoW, because of
global cooldown
thing. You don't get one shoted there. You don't get two shoted, you don't get three shoted. Maybe you get 10 shoted, if you are really bad or AFK. There are no bunker builds, with exception of healers being unkillable 1 on 1 but that's normal. You can play 2 v 2, 3 vs 3, 10 vs 10, 15 vs 15 and 40 vs 40. In GW2 there is only stupid 5 vs 5! You can play with ranged weapons in WoW PvP without penalty, like a real Mage! Imagine a Staff elementalist in gw2 pvp lol. No, you are limited to daggers only.

I call bull kitten on the last statement about WoW. LoL.

Yup, and those are going away in like 9 days with the pre-patch.

There's also this one.

@Widmo.3186 said:

I am going back to World of Warcraft PvP, which is far better and way more popular than GW 2 PvP for one simple reason: it's made for all kind of players, and fast fingers don't help you much in WoW, because of
global cooldown
thing. You don't get one shoted there. You don't get two shoted, you don't get three shoted. Maybe you get 10 shoted, if you are really bad or AFK. There are no bunker builds, with exception of healers being unkillable 1 on 1 but that's normal. You can play 2 v 2, 3 vs 3, 10 vs 10, 15 vs 15 and 40 vs 40. In GW2 there is only stupid 5 vs 5! You can play with ranged weapons in WoW PvP without penalty, like a real Mage! Imagine a Staff elementalist in gw2 pvp lol. No, you are limited to daggers only.

And I call bull kitten your countervideo. All WoW players know that corruptions aint balanced, but Blizzard keeps listening to playerbase and constantly nerf/fix things. Tendrils, gnushing wounds, beam, etc. And furthermore, because its so hard to balance it, theyre removing that 'mechanic' in the very next expac.The guy that you linked is Rextroy, for those that dont know who he is - thats basically a player that spends his gametime on looking for mechanics that can be abused to oneshot players - Blizzard keeps an eye on it and constantly fixes whatever they find gamebreaking. And when you see how much it usually takes to perform such oneshot, its not like picking EE and nades on holo, and clicking 2 buttons, no. It takes much time to find combination of stats, gear, sometimes toys, that can provide oneshot.

For example the video you linked. Whole gear in high corruption - you can basically kill yourself anytime by taking the smallest amount of damage. Then you have RNG of procing IS, then you have RNG of procing it on wrong target. Then you can be basically countered by enemy clicking Ice Block while you are in bubble taking damage from pet or w/e. High risk, high reward, truly glasscannon. What do you think, how many times they failed miserable before they managed to get one proper win? So yes, you can get oneshoted in current version of the game, but the amount of requirements that need to be met makes it imo fair.

Meanwhile in gw2 theres no such thing. You can abuse whatever you want, without any time/money/brain investment. And guess what happens when you find something that can be abused and 3/4 of community find gamebreaking/not fun to play against/OP? Answer is - nothing, because ANet workers not only dont listen to community, but they also dont play their own gameYou basically confirmed what i was saying WoW will never have good PVP since all the balance is made for PVE, most of the mechanics are bad there for pvp but are cool for PVE so ill never expect WoW to have good pvp ever again. There will be a new gimmick next expansion anyway so if you are expecting pvp to be good then though luck.

@Vancho.8750 said:

global cooldown

And I call bull kitten your countervideo. All WoW players know that corruptions aint balanced, but Blizzard keeps listening to playerbase and constantly nerf/fix things. Tendrils, gnushing wounds, beam, etc. And furthermore, because its so hard to balance it, theyre removing that 'mechanic' in the very next expac.The guy that you linked is Rextroy, for those that dont know who he is - thats basically a player that spends his gametime on looking for mechanics that can be abused to oneshot players - Blizzard keeps an eye on it and constantly fixes whatever they find gamebreaking. And when you see how much it usually takes to perform such oneshot, its not like picking EE and nades on holo, and clicking 2 buttons, no. It takes much time to find combination of stats, gear, sometimes toys, that can provide oneshot.

For example the video you linked. Whole gear in high corruption - you can basically kill yourself anytime by taking the smallest amount of damage. Then you have RNG of procing IS, then you have RNG of procing it on wrong target. Then you can be basically countered by enemy clicking Ice Block while you are in bubble taking damage from pet or w/e. High risk, high reward, truly glasscannon. What do you think, how many times they failed miserable before they managed to get one proper win? So yes, you can get oneshoted in current version of the game, but the amount of requirements that need to be met makes it imo fair.

Meanwhile in gw2 theres no such thing. You can abuse whatever you want, without any time/money/brain investment. And guess what happens when you find something that can be abused and 3/4 of community find gamebreaking/not fun to play against/OP? Answer is - nothing, because ANet workers not only dont listen to community, but they also dont play their own gameYou basically confirmed what i was saying WoW will never have good PVP since all the balance is made for PVE, most of the mechanics are bad there for pvp but are cool for PVE so ill never expect WoW to have good pvp ever again. There will be a new gimmick next expansion anyway so if you are expecting pvp to be good then though luck.

What? XDDHow the hell you got to that conclusion? Most of the mechanics are made for PvP, thats why all classes have their kinds of stuns, roots, hard and soft CCs. Its not classic where you use those things during boss battles, bosses are not affected to any kind of CC except interrupts. In PvE you just check what deals most damage, manage your rotation and dodge all 'red circles'. WoW has great competetive PvP, and thats why it has AWC (esport) and GW2 has not.And 'good pvp' in WoW - classic is clownfiesta, I agree, but thats how the game was in 2004. Since then, name what expansion you think PvP state was bad, so bad as balance is in gw2? Im listening.Also, gimmicks dont make pvp bad. They make it fun, its like leagues in PoE, new league - new ideas how to push your build to the limit. If something is too strong, it gets nerfed, like those examples I gave you. Overall corruptions are not a problem, what is a problem is the Cloak - it requires you to do weekly stuff on all your characters, which means for casual player to play 1, maybe 2 characters at the moment. And if you come back, you have hard time catching up to the rest of players. That and also thing that corruptions are hard to balance with upcoming new expac made blizzard delete it from the game instead of trying to keep it at decent level. Mature move, you dont have enough freetime to take care of the dog - you dont adopt one.

Damage is lower now. Pre feb patch there weren't weak skills and hard hitting skills. Everything was a hard hitting skill.

Nowadays even newer players can point to the thing that killed them.

"Grenade Barage + EE took 80% of my health"

or

"Sevenshot does too much damage"

or

"Condi thief poops out too many condis with steal and repeater"

Before you had warriors critting you for 5k with their dodge roll, auto attacks critting for 7k+. Imagine for a second that every soulbeast LB auto is a seven shot and they have quickness and it's unblockable. We were at those damage levels before.

I remember trying to play support tempest during those times. I tried to approach mid point in Capracorn only for their soulbeast to 2 shot me with autos through my magnetic aura.

It was more valuable to stack invluns, evades, blocks, and blinds than it was to invest into defense because damage was so high.

As a new player, I hated it. It made it difficult to learn because I had no idea what killed me 95% of the time. Problem is that the same patch that lowered damage also removed amulets, entire traits (lul 300sec cd), entire class mecanics (rip soulbeast pet), runes, and several stats. Our options for dealing with the new OP specs of the future have dwindled and it leads to a very stagnant feeling meta.

@Widmo.3186 said:

global cooldown

What? XDDHow the hell you got to that conclusion? Most of the mechanics are made for PvP, thats why all classes have their kinds of stuns, roots, hard and soft CCs. Its not classic where you use those things during boss battles, bosses are not affected to any kind of CC except interrupts. In PvE you just check what deals most damage, manage your rotation and dodge all 'red circles'. WoW has great competetive PvP, and thats why it has AWC (esport) and GW2 has not.And 'good pvp' in WoW - classic is clownfiesta, I agree, but thats how the game was in 2004. Since then, name what expansion you think PvP state was bad, so bad as balance is in gw2? Im listening.Also, gimmicks dont make pvp bad. They make it fun, its like leagues in PoE, new league - new ideas how to push your build to the limit. If something is too strong, it gets nerfed, like those examples I gave you. Overall corruptions are not a problem, what is a problem is the Cloak - it requires you to do weekly stuff on all your characters, which means for casual player to play 1, maybe 2 characters at the moment. And if you come back, you have hard time catching up to the rest of players. That and also thing that corruptions are hard to balance with upcoming new expac made blizzard delete it from the game instead of trying to keep it at decent level. Mature move, you dont have enough freetime to take care of the dog - you dont adopt one.

I haven't played WoW in many years, but I'll take the bait. BC resto druid. I don't know how you could have played WoW PvP with this class and say that there's anything close to as poorly balanced in GW2. Okay, that's one class. How about the rock/paper/scissor balancing? Could a warlock lose to a mage? Could a rogue lose to a warlock? Practically impossible. But that's just how they balanced the game. Is it the same way today? I have no idea.

WoW has better PvP not because of the trash combat system and balancing, but because they have a variety of game modes and a huge player population. It's not even a contest in any way. GW2 combat is simply way better than WoW, but WoW has all sorts of fun PvP games to play when you want to just play for fun and it has the competitive side as well. Is GW2 balance and combat good enough to carry it without any sort of support from ANet? Of course it isn't. And that's the only reason WoW PvP > GW2 PvP. But again, I say this without having played WoW in a very long time. So maybe it's better now? I doubt it, since as far as I can tell the PvE is almost exactly the same (minus stupid gimmicks) except the system has been streamlined to the point where you can no longer make borked builds like you can in GW2.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Avatar.3568" said:kitten nooo dmg is way lower, soulbeast was able to one shot with mostly every skill

I didn't play pre-feb, but I've talked to a few people who did(and were legend in every HoT season + p2+ every pof) and they all feel that damage is somehow higher despite a 33% nerf.

I can still 1-2 shot on soulbeast with nearly every ability, kick does 7k, wordly impact does 14.4k(nearly 1 shots my zerker thief lol), maul does 10k, rapid fire does 15k+, etc. Add in one wolf pack and all of these are 1 shots or near 1 shots.

I think it's due to zerker amulet being used now, which is 25% damage over marauder and not sure how much more over demo, probably 25-30% as well. On top of this, a lot of classes lost access to passive DR/sustain/prot uptime so that completely counteracts the 33% nerf which means damage isn't lower at all.

I have a question...

"Damage feels higher now than pre-feb patch"... then you say "I didn't play pre-feb"... So how do you get the "feels" that damage is higher if you didn't play previously?

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:It isn't. The feb damage rework patch simply forced people who were using demolishers/marauders amulet to now run berserkers. If you play something that uses toughness, like any build using rabid, you will see that damage is much lower.

Demo/mara to zerkers is 25% dmg so that makes sense that damage is basically the same if not higher when you include loss of sustain/prot uptime.