Best 3 classes for Fractals and Raids?

@Marieno.1930 said:guardian (hfb) renegade (alacrity) and warrior (power bs) by far but i see many people underestimating power gs chronos' dps output which is really insane if played correctly but it is a very difficult class to master.I outdps people 95% of the time with my power mesmer in 50-100 kp cms (that's where i am currently) people just dont know how to play it it's really good.People also forget that this is the class with the 3rd highest benchmark in the game at 37.6k

Well, Mesmer isn’t listed on Discretize’s site at all, which is probably part of that perception.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@"Antioche.7034" said:Mesmer, thieves,
engis
and necro see no plays in fractals so they are off, so the only other one would be Elementalist with weaver being meta in fractals and very decent everywhere else.

What? Weaver is only better than holo if you have short phases and splits which just wont happen in pugs. Not everyone cares about cm boss speedkills which is what weaver + slb are good at. Holo sees plenty of play in fractals.

Ranger and Guardian use both different builds and playstyles in fractals and raids so i would suggest either warrior or alac ren as a starter.

The question asked wasn't "What to play", but "What's the best ?". Meta wise, Weaver is better than Holo in fractals, it's factually correct. Maybe you'll see one Holo out of 50 300+KP groups and it's not bad at any rate, but weaver is still above. Even in pugs unless you run 50 KP with Hfb.

@silklash.6154 said:

@Antioche.7034 said:The answer is quite simple. What's meta in every content ?

1) Renegade2) Warrior

Both of these are used literally in every single encounter. Renegade comes top because it can either be Alacrigade, either Condi RR, either full Condi DPS.Bannerslave warrior, either power or condi, is meta everywhere.

3) Ranger.

Druid or Soulbeasts stancesharing on a few bosses for raids. Soulbeast for fractals, Druid for strikes.

4) Guardian

It isn't meta on much stuff, but is very decent everywhere. Meta in fractals as pQfb, sub-meta as DH. Meta in strikes as Cfb (DH for Bone). Meta on some raid bosses as Cfb, DH is decent on power ones.

Mesmer, thieves, engis and necro see no plays in fractals so they are off, so the only other one would be Elementalist with weaver being meta in fractals and very decent everywhere else.

If you ask only about Raids : Engineer's holo and mesmers are very, very good.

This is wrong, warriors and revs aren’t meta on Largos.

If you really want something for ALL fractals and raids, it’s ranger.

If you use portal on Largos both are completly fine to start with, and even if you don't, renegade can pull 30+k on Largos. Warrior isn't great for split though. I could tell you Druid isn't meta on Matthias as the same kind of argument. But if we head that way of course we won't find a class to do everything with.

@Antioche.7034 said:

1) Renegade2) Warrior

Both of these are used literally in every single encounter. Renegade comes top because it can either be Alacrigade, either Condi RR, either full Condi DPS.Bannerslave warrior, either power or condi, is meta everywhere.

3) Ranger.

Druid or Soulbeasts stancesharing on a few bosses for raids. Soulbeast for fractals, Druid for strikes.

4) Guardian

It isn't meta on much stuff, but is very decent everywhere. Meta in fractals as pQfb, sub-meta as DH. Meta in strikes as Cfb (DH for Bone). Meta on some raid bosses as Cfb, DH is decent on power ones.

Mesmer, thieves, engis and necro see no plays in fractals so they are off, so the only other one would be Elementalist with weaver being meta in fractals and very decent everywhere else.

If you use portal on Largos both are completly fine to start with, and even if you don't, renegade can pull 30+k on Largos. Warrior isn't great for split though. I could tell you Druid isn't meta on Matthias as the same kind of argument. But if we head that way of course we won't find a class to do everything with.

Maybe godlike ren can pull 30+k on largos but it’s pretty generally accepted purple class is better than anything else for dps there.

You can still run condi sb on Mathias. I didn’t say Druid, I said ranger as a class. They’re the only class with builds usable at everything without losing too much efficiency.

The fact of the matter is, even NA pugs nowadays mostly just look for purple classes on largos cause it’s that efficient. Other dps is definitely doable, I’m not saying it’s not, but it’s not close to meta.

Yes, wars and rev are great universal classes and there are beginner strats that use them but that wasn’t what OP asked. In a vacuum, ranger is the only class where you can have a build that slots into everything in pve

@silklash.6154 said:

1) Renegade2) Warrior

3) Ranger.

4) Guardian

Maybe godlike ren can pull 30+k on largos but it’s pretty generally accepted purple class is better than anything else for dps there.

You can still run condi sb on Mathias. I didn’t say Druid, I said ranger as a class. They’re the only class with builds usable at everything without losing too much efficiency.

The fact of the matter is, even NA pugs nowadays mostly just look for purple classes on largos cause it’s that efficient. Other dps is definitely doable, I’m not saying it’s not, but it’s not close to meta.

Yes, wars and rev are great universal classes and there are beginner strats that use them but that wasn’t what OP asked. In a vacuum, ranger is the only class where you can have a build that slots into everything in pve

Ren on Largos is just as "out of meta" as slb on Matthias, though. I rarely see people being blocked on asking mirages or Cchronos for Largos, aslong as you pull your weight. Renegade fits as much the description as ranger does IMO. I can say exactly the same as you did, "It's pretty generally accepted that Cwar with weavers are better than anything else there (Matthias)", it doesn't mean that ranger isn't very decently playable, just like ren is very decently playable on Largos and is meta on everything else. I completly agree with you about ranger, but I don't see why you decided that what I said was "wrong", just because it's only the second best DPS class if you use one of the two strats available for ONE boss in the game xD.

Anyway cheers, I think the OP is completly answered at this point, so I'll hop out.

I basically meant that as of now, I think the gap between using a cchrono and condi mirage vs any other condi dps in largos is much bigger than the gap between slb and weaver on Matthias. From my pug experience in NA I’ve had much more success getting into most runs as a mix of dps except for largos where I’ve even gotten kicked multiple times for not being purple class.

Wasn’t trying to insult you or anything but I just wanted to point out originally to the OP that if you want to be welcome in all pug raids and fractals and cms using just one class, unfortunately it’s kinda just Ranger. Mesmer/guard/rev are all close seconds but do lack just a few things here and there

• 5 months later...

@Marieno.1930 said:guardian (hfb) renegade (alacrity) and warrior (power bs) by far but i see many people underestimating power gs chronos' dps output which is really insane if played correctly but it is a very difficult class to master.I outdps people 95% of the time with my power mesmer in 50-100 kp cms (that's where i am currently) people just dont know how to play it it's really good.People also forget that this is the class with the 3rd highest benchmark in the game at 37.6k

In low kp fractals chrono is actually really good as phases are long. However with high kp comes higher burst. That's where fast CC and short phases kick the 17 sec chrono burst to oblivion. You just won't have enough time to finish your burst, even warriors will outdps chrono there. But I agree on low KP chrono is a pretty good carry.