New Expansion worries

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:Please do not make me have to memorize 10+ long attack chains.I'm NOT interested in F1 F2 F3 F4 and whole new sets of skills. Which equals to LONG CHAINS to memorize. EQUALS not enjoying game, more worried about am I doing my attack chain, let me enjoy the game, don't overwhelm me with long attack chains.(If I want F1,F2,F3,F4 ill play an elementalist, not everyone needs to be overwhelmed like them btw I hate conjure weapons, TOO many abilities to track)Please do not make me have to memorize 10+ long attack chains.

I posted this answer in your other thread, but I'm gonna repost it here:

For example, they can allow players to watch cooldowns of skills not visible on the skillbar. In this game you don't only have to remember which skill to use from those you can see, but you must also remember the cooldowns of your weapon swap skills and all other transform skills, like Engineer kits and Elementalist conjures. Allowing players some interface ability to "slot" skills to have their cooldown always visible is a great way to help rotations. That way you have much less skills to worry about and remember at all times, as all of them are visible in front of you. In all mmorpgs out there (that I've played) you can always see ALL your cooldowns, Anet decided to hide them to streamline the UI, but over years this backfiredAnother way is to highlight skills that are about to do the maximum damage, for example just like there is a red marker on skills out of range, they can add a green marker for skills that will do the most damage (tooltip/single target damage). in other mmorpgs you can use addons that tell you which skill is the next best to use, so even players that don't like rotations or don't have muscle memory can play the game and stay "competitive"

If you can see the cooldowns of all your skills, and there is some form of visual indicator of which skill deals the most damage at any given time (things readily available to other mmorpgs either by default or with the use of some mod) you won't have to memorize long chains anymore.

Obviously making sure the chains aren't needed for optimal DPS at all is the BEST solution, but UI additions can work until they make such a huge balance pass to normalize rotations across all specializations.

@"Einlanzer.1627" said:Anybody who thinks game balance issues are a good reason to halt development and expansion of a game is incorrect.

This game does have PvP you know.They don't need to halt it, but they need to remind themselves. We do have PvP.

Are warriors designed to tank?Or were they designed to DPS.Citadel of Flame P1 anybody?Mesmer and 4 of what was the speedruns?Yes 4 warriors, the best DPS in the game.Not 4 bunker guardians.

..Now we have Warriors being a bunkers?Excuse me?Is that what this game designed warriors to do? NoThis is warrior

When you make a warrior, DPSWhen you make this or that, STAY in there lane.

This is how a lot of MMO's just don't become fun anymore. Everybody does everything.Just get rid of professions if you want to do this.

The most epic skill in GW1,One hundred bladesGW2,it aint squat anymore...One hundred blades should be the strongest attack in game...You standing and eating it, it should mean death, it shouldn't be a tickle.....IWAY warrior should be the next Warrior version.4 people die near an IWAY build, that warrior should be on some serious steroids.

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:Everybody is going to do whatever another person can do eventually.Who knows, theres could be a stealthy warrior, every profession could have access to stealth.Another profession can do portals, maybe a time-traveler elementalist.

Sounds cool right?In the long ruin it ruins the vibe of the game.Short term gains for long term pain.Thats my worry.

Please make profession in line with what its suppose to do. Only few were suppose to be able to stealth. Only few were suppose to be good at healing, etc etc.

If everyone is going to do what everyone else use to ONLY be able to do.Mine as well just merge all the professions, and let people freely swap to whatever they want.Because if you played Engineer when GW2 came out because it was full of CC, now its warrior. Makes no sense that your playstyle is now all sudden another profession.

Please please, keep profession specific stuff, profession specific.

My question to you is, "What, in you opinion, is every profession supposed to do?" I see each profession fitting a particular class theme, not fullfilly a particular battle role. Hence, why I like the Specializations and traits so much, because you can, without Elite Specializations, create 5 or more different types of the same profession and feel like each one can have their own purpose in a battle. I think the elites do a great job adding to professions theme and at least reinforcing a Core Specializations. I thought at some point, every profession would have their own way of doing everything.

@VocalThought.9835 said:

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:Everybody is going to do whatever another person can do eventually.Who knows, theres could be a stealthy warrior, every profession could have access to stealth.Another profession can do portals, maybe a time-traveler elementalist.

Sounds cool right?In the long ruin it ruins the vibe of the game.Short term gains for long term pain.Thats my worry.

Please make profession in line with what its suppose to do. Only few were suppose to be able to stealth. Only few were suppose to be good at healing, etc etc.

If everyone is going to do what everyone else use to ONLY be able to do.Mine as well just merge all the professions, and let people freely swap to whatever they want.
Because if you played Engineer when GW2 came out because it was full of CC, now its warrior. Makes no sense that your playstyle is now all sudden another profession.

My question to you is, "What, in you opinion, is every profession supposed to do?" I see each profession fitting a particular class theme, not fullfilly a particular battle role. Hence, why I like the Specializations and traits so much, because you can, without Elite Specializations, create 5 or more different types of the same profession and feel like each one can have their own purpose in a battle. I think the elites do a great job adding to professions theme and at least reinforcing a Core Specializations. I thought at some point, every profession would have their own way of doing everything.

You remember core?CM instances, some parts very easily done if you have a thief. They sneak past parts and make it go by faster.CoF P1, very easily done if you have warriors, they 100b (and its epic as it should be as in insane dps) makes finishing cof p1 very fastMesmer, portal and interruptsGuardian bunkerElementalist buffs and healsRanger ranging and pets

They all had a role in the core GW2.Sure you can do any content, but they all had their niche.

All sudden, no more niche because expansion x, expansion y, expansion z.Everybody does everything now.

Just like Everquest MMORPGDruid and Ranger known for the tracking ability.a couple expansions later,Everybody tracks.Everybody can memblur mobs.etc.

...You know in GW1,they made mesmer the interrupt classit wasn't warriorThese guys making the game now, they probably haven't played GW1 or core GW2 back in the days.They turning warrior into cc and tank? Since when he a tank? or even cc?They turning professions outta there lane, because they want everyone to do everything.

Breaks the lore of the game,keep people in there lane.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Everybody is going to do whatever another person can do eventually.Who knows, theres could be a stealthy warrior, every profession could have access to stealth.Another profession can do portals, maybe a time-traveler elementalist.

If everyone is going to do what everyone else use to ONLY be able to do.Mine as well just merge all the professions, and let people freely swap to whatever they want.
Because if you played Engineer when GW2 came out because it was full of CC, now its warrior. Makes no sense that your playstyle is now all sudden another profession.

You remember core?CM instances, some parts very easily done if you have a thief. They sneak past parts and make it go by faster.CoF P1, very easily done if you have warriors, they 100b (and its epic as it should be as in insane dps) makes finishing cof p1 very fastMesmer, portal and interruptsGuardian bunkerElementalist buffs and healsRanger ranging and pets

They all had a role in the core GW2.Sure you can do any content, but they all had their niche.

All sudden, no more niche because expansion x, expansion y, expansion z.Everybody does everything now.

Just like Everquest MMORPGDruid and Ranger known for the tracking ability.a couple expansions later,Everybody tracks.Everybody can memblur mobs.etc.

...You know in GW1,they made mesmer the interrupt classit wasn't warriorThese guys making the game now, they probably haven't played GW1 or core GW2 back in the days.They turning warrior into cc and tank? Since when he a tank? or even cc?They turning professions outta there lane, because they want everyone to do everything.

I disagree. I think everyone still has their niche, but with elites, professions can take on another role. Like in GW1, every class had a secondary profession. If in GW1 you wanted to have a Warrior with a secondary class being a Mesmer, you can simply have SpellBreaker in GW2. Did you complained about Warrior/Mesmers in GW1?

@VocalThought.9835 said:

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Everybody is going to do whatever another person can do eventually.Who knows, theres could be a stealthy warrior, every profession could have access to stealth.Another profession can do portals, maybe a time-traveler elementalist.

I disagree. I think everyone still has their niche, but with elites, professions can take on another role. Like in GW1, every class had a secondary profession. If in GW1 you wanted to have a Warrior with a secondary class being a Mesmer, you can simply have SpellBreaker in GW2. Did you complained about Warrior/Mesmers in GW1?

Well if we go the way you want it, and how its been going.Professions just changing roles and not staying in their lane.

Theif...Make the monk from GW1.55hp monk thief, I'm waiting for this. Tank/Healer role.Should be a guardian, but you know Spellbreaker being a warrior instead of guardian.

Make the healer bunker 55hp monk the thief and not guardian.

One thing I notice too, they make the elites, the new version of whatever profession the best, and the core, etc. USELESS. Unless its already a meta.

Ex. Berserker, what a useless build. They need a BUFF.

@Atomos.7593 said:

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:TL;DR everything, maybe I'm on target or way off base

It's too early to worry about something we know nothing about.

People worried about elite specs, now we rarely use the core professionsWell, the main worry
was
that the elite specs will be a flat out upgrade and will replace core classes. Which is exactly what happened.

I do feel that the especs have essentially replaced the cores. Based on the professions I have played, I would never choose cores only over especs. I also think that it may have made "balancing" professions and content more difficult since there are many more builds to account for. I personally wouldn't mind even if there were no more specializations introduced ever because there is more than enough variety right now to satisfy me.

I keep hoping that a rebalance will make cores meta again, along with the elites. I'm an optimist.

@Hesione.9412 said:

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:TL;DR everything, maybe I'm on target or way off base

People worried about elite specs, now we rarely use the core professionsWell, the main worry
was
that the elite specs will be a flat out upgrade and will replace core classes. Which is exactly what happened.

I do feel that the especs have essentially replaced the cores. Based on the professions I have played, I would never choose cores only over especs. I also think that it may have made "balancing" professions and content more difficult since there are many more builds to account for. I personally wouldn't mind even if there were no more specializations introduced ever because there is more than enough variety right now to satisfy me.

I keep hoping that a rebalance will make cores meta again, along with the elites. I'm an optimist.

In all the classes I have played there is no reason whatsoever to pick a core spec over espec. I am hoping for such a balance too but it seems like a lot of people just want more especs instead. The core specs allow for a lot of different play styles that could have been made viable in all content. I am guessing part of the reason especs are better and will probably remain so is that you need to purchase the expansions to unlock them.

@Atomos.7593 said:

was

In all the classes I have played there is no reason whatsoever to pick a core spec over espec. I am hoping for such a balance too but it seems like a lot of people just want more especs instead. The core specs allow for a lot of different play styles that could have been made viable in all content. I am guessing part of the reason especs are better and will probably remain so is that you need to purchase the expansions to unlock them.

Core guardian used to be very effective.Staff 1 ability.

They nerfed the ...................................................... outta the Core Guardian Staff 1

@Atomos.7593 said:

was

It wouldn't be the first time they completely overhauled the traits.

I think a common positive solution was making the 3rd line the ~focused~ line where you get a few extra perks attached to whatever you put in that line, meaning for non-elite specs, you can pick one of the core lines as the focus. Wouldn't be compatible with e-specs, of course, since you'd have to pick your e-spec traitline in that same focused line (and wouldn't grant any additional perks).

Would also give a bit of a push as you're leveling (I know, no one levels naturally anymore) to unlock that last trait line for a super boost over the normal 2 trait line unlocks.

I have no idea if anyone has been keeping up talk about the idea and I have only come back to the forums recently.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

was

Core guardian used to be very effective.Staff 1 ability.

They nerfed the ...................................................... outta the Core Guardian Staff 1

Funny you should mention that, I had core guard, in particular, in my thoughts as I wrote my comment. Great minds think alike!

@Leo G.4501 said:

was

It wouldn't be the first time they completely overhauled the traits.

I think a common positive solution was making the 3rd line the ~focused~ line where you get a few extra perks attached to whatever you put in that line, meaning for non-elite specs, you can pick one of the core lines as the focus. Wouldn't be compatible with e-specs, of course, since you'd have to pick your e-spec traitline in that same focused line (and wouldn't grant any additional perks).

Would also give a bit of a push as you're leveling (I know, no one levels naturally anymore) to unlock that last trait line for a super boost over the normal 2 trait line unlocks.

I have no idea if anyone has been keeping up talk about the idea and I have only come back to the forums recently.

Not a bad idea. Right now the 3rd line only seems to be exclusively for especs once you're level 80 for most classes. An additional boost for core lines in that 3rd line may allow for more variety and incentive to use the core lines there too. Maybe make this boost only available to those who have purchased the expansions, if lower revenue from expansions may be a problem from f2p players not using especs.

I don't mind if classes get new especs that add new play styles if they are distinct. I just feel like the core specs for the 3rd trait line are no longer a reasonable option for some content and classes, which reduces the variety of viable trait options that classes have.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

Well if we go the way you want it, and how its been going.Professions just changing roles and not staying in their lane.

Theif...Make the monk from GW1.55hp monk thief, I'm waiting for this. Tank/Healer role.Should be a guardian, but you know Spellbreaker being a warrior instead of guardian.

Make the healer bunker 55hp monk the thief and not guardian.

One thing I notice too, they make the elites, the new version of whatever profession the best, and the core, etc. USELESS. Unless its already a meta.

Ex. Berserker, what a useless build. They need a BUFF.

I agree that they need to make elite spec. inline with core, but that doesn't mean that they should only make elites that stay in "their lane". In fact, this is the first time I even heard of each profession having a "lane" Especially with how they original devs boast about having no holy trinity and being able to make your character profession do what you like. I think the professions are in theme only. Will some core professions be better at somethings than others? Yes, but I thought the purpose of elites professions what to help the profession come up to par in areas that they initially suffered in, not create more divisions "in their lanes".

I'm not saying that Warriors should start using magic, although Spellbreaker is very close to resembling a spell casting warrior. I not advocating that Elementalist should start raising the dead. I think it great for all classes to fill roles that other professions fill. I like see a Warrior do Elementalist things in a Warrior type way. I think that should be the same with all upcoming elites.

@VocalThought.9835 said:

@Scavarius.6059 said:since when are classes/elites only good for one thing. you worrie too much, since all we have is a teaser, not even a trailer.

@VocalThought.9835 said:I'm not saying that Warriors should start using magichere is the thing: warrior already use magic. they just utilize it differently.

Can you give an example?

Here's a few:How does the sword come back after you throw it?How does the bow fire two arrows simultaneously with perfect accuracy and no apparatus?How does holding pretty tapestries make allies stronger/tougher/faster/harder to knock down?How does being angry let you shoot a gun harder?

Magic.

@Trise.2865 said:

@Scavarius.6059 said:since when are classes/elites only good for one thing. you worrie too much, since all we have is a teaser, not even a trailer.

@VocalThought.9835 said:I'm not saying that Warriors should start using magichere is the thing: warrior already use magic. they just utilize it differently.

Can you give an example?

Here's a few:How does the sword come back after you throw it?How does the bow fire two arrows simultaneously with perfect accuracy and no apparatus?How does holding pretty tapestries make allies stronger/tougher/faster/harder to knock down?How does being angry let you shoot a gun harder?

Magic.
  1. Boomerang throw
  2. Put two arrows and shoot
  3. Just like country flag on battlefield, boosts morale, good morale boost makes you tougher faster harder to knock down
  4. Focus better when angry, aiming at parts of body that do major damage rather than shooting for sake of it