Which characters would you like to travel with to Cantha?

Brycar.2651

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Canach, Rytlock, Kasmeer, I fondly remember their dialogue from PoF. Each of them on their own is fine, but as a trio? Fun times!Marjory, because I like her voice.Someone mentioned Riel - and I really would like to have more interaction with her as well.Gorrik, just imagine his reaction to new beetlesSayida just imagine her reaction to the cynical sass squad in line oneAnise or Livia would be nice to have some interactions with, but they don't have to go to Cantha

Taimi can stay whereever she is. Maybe with Braham. They could stay with Rox. That would be fine.

Taimi its always taimi, so sick of Taimi being left out... Jory makes the most sense lore wise.. Ogden would make sense as well. #Bringbackdwarves

Please no more Rytlock, Rox or most definitely Braham they are all horrible to listen to and painful to deal with, the rest are pleasant enough.

Is there even anyone left besides Braham and Rhytlock and the occasional appearance of Marjory and Kas?

If I had to choose it would be Aurene, Canach, Taimi, Anise, and Faren. Oh, and that random Norn in HoT whose partner was eaten by a Vinetooth because the poor guy needs to move on with his life. I don't really mind Rhytlock either, just leave Braham and Caithe out of the picture. Both of them seem to always manage to make the story completely about them. And Marjory and Kas are either too cutesy together or bickering which doesn't really add anything to the story. :expressionless:

I'd have to imagine Canach will be there though. Just think of all of the shady things he could get into in Kaening.

@"sitarskee.5738" said:Canach and Marjory. Maybe Taimi but only if we're taking her there for her funeral.

xD

The more I think about it, if we're taking Dragon's Watch, it will most likely be Marjory, Kasmeer and Taimi left.Rytlock should find his way back to the Black Citadel and help re-uniting the Charr "post-Jormag". How quickly do the Charr come of age, can Prisca (the Flame Legion imperator's daughter) do a job for us when it's time to set sail to Cantha? Or if Rytlock does indeed retire, let's bring in a new female Charr, Galina Edgecrusher.Braham should meet his end facing Jormag... please, pretty please... perhaps impaled on another of Jormag's teeth, that would be fitting.Taimi sadly, yea, has to come along, but let's find her a watery grave in Cantha. OR... here's a thought, Taimi and Gorrik can create a new golem we can bring who they can remote control or stay in touch through. So, Scruffy 3.0. Alternatively, let's take Gorrik and a golem along.I'd quite like Canach to join Dragon's Watch now, seeing as this guild has lost a few members (as per my improvised storyline, not according to current events).Seeing as Braham sadly (not!) met his end, let's appraoch Jhavi Jorasdottir instead and recruit her. Jormag has assumeably been dealt with, she no longer needs to remain in charge up north.

not counting the player's race, Marjory and Kasmeer, and maybe Canach + a few Tengu NPC (any named/non named)

since the Canthans have booted out all non-humans and being isolated for so long im pretty sure if they ever opened up again, the first party to visit should have at least 2 humans on it for peace of mind, they wouldn't know/be aware of Sylvari so Canach should be fine and Tengu used to have history in Cantha so they should be ok too... they would be pretty wary of Charr for example so maybe Rytlock can follow up later once the others have settled there and updated the region about the happenings in Tyria.

Nobody. I'm kinda hoping I get to jump on my skimmer and ride off into the sunset (rise?) towards Cantha. Rytlock needs to help re-unite the Charr (he probably won't and will be the first one on the airship to Cantha), Braham needs a vacation, Taimi is...well, she's got that degenerative disease still, right? And Gorrik is gonna stay to look after her. Rox is all over the place, didn't she want to join the Olmakhan at one point? Canach can join me later on down the road, he's awesome. Marj and Kas need a honeymoon, they can join me after I've got an established foothold in Cantha.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Astyrah.4015 said:Tengu used to have history in Cantha so they should be ok too...

Tengu were forcefully removed from Cantha, because the humans (or at least their emperor) were not okay with them.If Arenanet is going to even slightly touch the topic of Canthan xenophobia, Tengu will still not be welcome.

i included them (Tengu) since they could serve as a guide at the very least but yeah, probably they would not be welcome still -- but it's probably not as bad as having Charr (not including Charr players) on the first party to arrive where they could be met with more hostility (given Charr's bad history with humans before GW2)

Canach. This game needs more Canach.

Honestly, so long as characters get the same depth they had in PoF, I think anyone could work. But Canach is definately a character I have liked since I first saw him in Lws2, and is the only member of Dragons Watch I feel connected to (since Lws2 did a good job introducing him without having played lws1).

Neither, tbh. We have seen enough of the main cast and the whole commander business.

I'd like to see something fresh. Just go in as a simple adventurer like in the good ol' days, meet new faces, join new organizations, and just explore.

PoF was good but it could've been great if Anet focused on Elona itself more. Now that we are going to Cantha, I'd like Cantha to BE the narrative, not just the setting, if that makes sense.

@Morvran.8265 said:a simple adventurer like in the good ol' days

In GW2, we never actually were adventurers, as far as the story goes.

Humans start out as vigilante defending Shaemoor from Centaurs.Norn start out as newbie hunters.Charr are soldiers of the legions.Asura deal with blinky technology in their colleges.Sylvari come closest to adventurers, but even that only is as much adventuring as a toddler does on his first playground visit.

Obviously I think we need to let others shine. I'd like the following to come along.

Marjory- as a Canthan descent she may have some stories from her family that could shed light on the past of Cantha to help the non human characters as a talking head. Also she's had a back seat since season 3. If she goes I see Kas going as well.

Livia- as mentioned she is possible the only living human who has last stepped foot on Cantha. As stated she was a ranking member of the Shining Blade and could be sent to assist us with history and what has been going on prior to Orr's rising.

Ogden- he was potentially in Cantha prior to EotN and could have leads on ways thru the land as we may not be allowed into certain areas due to current political climate.

Caithe- she could be the eyes and ears of Aurene and share the news of Order of the Crystal Bloom. Also she could be the first Sylvari to step foot in Cantha unless they revel that the Wardens of the Echovald Forest stem from a Pale Tree. It would be interesting to see how they react to The Call and if any answered. Could be an interesting threat in the forest in the form of new Mordrem.

I think also Dougal Kaine. He has had 0 story in game and I think the chance to explore a new continent would reawaken his Indiana Jones mentally and finally give us a thief on the team.

Any of the season 4 characters tied to elona might go to re-establish diplomatic toes, I'd love for an Awakened to go for the whole surprise factor.