Power Dragonhunter Vs Condi Renegade

tinyasian.8941

@"tinyasian.8941" said:As DH main, what makes you choose this class over the other?As Condi Renegade main, what makes you choose this class over the other?

In PVE, which one melts down mobs faster and sustain better as well?

Sustain better in PVE? Nothing is better at that than condition Herald now. They have been crazy good for a long time, being able to solo meta events like the 4 Djinn events solo etc.

Sunqua Peak Fractal Challenge Mode Solo

@tinyasian.8941 said:As DH main, what makes you choose this class over the other?As Condi Renegade main, what makes you choose this class over the other?

In PVE, which one melts down mobs faster and sustain better as well?

Is it solo OW or group? Generally, both builds are among the best in the game for both OW and grouped PvE.

When it comes to burst, DH is king. DH can aoe the heck out of mobs in 2-3 secs. Also, good survivability. It is probably the fastest regular mobs and veteran mobs killer. Solid damage in group PvE. Some good utility.

Condi renegade is probably the highest dpsing solo build in the game. One of the best CC breakers. For a condi build, stacks damage pretty fast. Extremely strong ranged weapon. survivability without torment runes is meh. With them pretty good. On the utility side, you can provide some, but it will cost you damage, so usually you won’t.

I like how you can build your DPS renegade, because (for condition damage) only Corruption traitline is important. Devastation affects only POWER damage (and it's not worth for mace skills). Invocation is just about more energy on Legend swap. Revenant is flexible in terms of creating own, custom builds.I feel like all DH can do, is just burst, and then... nothing.

@otto.5684 said:When it comes to burst, DH is king.Try Soulbeast or Holosmith. Actually DH is not as good as you think.

survivability without torment runes is mehWhole Devastation (bottom line) is designed for healing through battle scars which is pretty strong. Revenant has 2 healing skills and Soulcleave's Summit (using Citadel Bombardment on a medium or huge hitbox = massive healing), but with Torment Runes you could just get rid of Devastation.

@Antycypator.9874 said:I like how you can build your DPS renegade, because (for condition damage) only Corruption traitline is important. Devastation affects only POWER damage (and it's not worth for mace skills). Invocation is just about more energy on Legend swap. Revenant is flexible in terms of creating own, custom builds.I feel like all DH can do, is just burst, and then... nothing.

@otto.5684 said:When it comes to burst, DH is king.Try Soulbeast or Holosmith. Actually DH is not as good as you think.

survivability without torment runes is mehWhole Devastation (bottom line) is designed for healing through battle scars which is pretty strong. Revenant has 2 healing skills and Soulcleave's Summit (using Citadel Bombardment on a medium or huge hitbox = massive healing), but with Torment Runes you could just get rid of Devastation.

For renegade, condi renegade if you drop invocation or corruption for devastation, you lose much damage. If you are going devastation, might as well play power so you get better damage out of its modifiers.

For DH, we are talking PvE not PvP here. Mobs do not move out of AOE. SB can do higher hits, sure. But the consistency and the AOE are not as good as DH. Kinda same for Holo. Reaper and berserker can deal more burst than any of them, but again, consistency. In any case, in PvE they are all close (not reaper). This is why you see all three as good power dps option in grouped PvE.

And regardless, the OP was only talking about power DH and condi renegade. The ranger/eng comparison is a bit out context.

@Antycypator.9874 said:I like how you can build your DPS renegade, because (for condition damage) only Corruption traitline is important. Devastation affects only POWER damage (and it's not worth for mace skills). Invocation is just about more energy on Legend swap. Revenant is flexible in terms of creating own, custom builds.I feel like all DH can do, is just burst, and then... nothing.

I have a soul beast and its burst damage is good. But something about ranger or maybe just the colour scheme itself just irks me so much that I always find it very difficult to continue playing the class. I enjoy renegade and dragon hunter quite thoroughly but I just wanna deal with one class and that’s it. Holosmith is just no no for me.