I need help with my soulbeast rolation

Syiic.3724

I have been trying to improve my rotation. My typical DPS is about ~25k on golems. My uptime is about 92-93%. ArcDPS reports that most of my cancels is from my Long Range Shot (LB AA). I tried to stop clicking and let it automatically auto attack but it doesn't work as well. What should i do?

Edit: I realized that I might be late when switching skills so my autoattack might activate.

If you could post a DPS log, that would be most helpful. Here's some thoughts on what it could be though:

Cancels of long bow AA mean that you're probably casting abilities or swapping weapons before letting your auto attack finish casting. Consider that the long bow AA is a 3/4 second cast before the damage actually lands (without quickness). If you start casting the auto attack shot, but cancel it to swap weapons at the last second, then you end up wasting that time doing zero damage.

Long bow auto attacks are generally easier to manage than melee weapon auto attacks because you don't need to manage attack chains, but you still want to make sure that you either start casting your abilities before your long range shot begins or directly after it ends.

However, the bigger issue may still be your auto attacks on your melee weapon being interrupted. They may not show up as your most cancelled ability since each part of an auto attack chain is listed as its own ability, but even if this isn't the case, your melee autos will account for significantly more DPS than your longbow attacks.

Ideally, you will always cast your abilities exactly after the last attack of your melee auto attack chain ends. If you cast too early, you will interrupt your biggest hitting attack of your AA chain and even if you finish this, you could be losing time as your next auto attack ability starts to cast before you activate your next skill.

One suggestion I have that may be the easiest is if you are using a dagger mainhand, try using a sword mainhand instead. Ideally, the dagger will do more DPS (slightly), but it's also a lot easier to end up cancelling an attack with that weapon since you're casting Double Arc (skill 2), where you just camp auto attacks until Path of Scars comes off cooldown when you use the sword. This could end up with you dealing more DPS on sword and in most realistic encounters in game where you can't perfectly watch your AA chains like you can on the golem, it will probably end up being a DPS gain as well (unless you perfect your rotation to the level of the Snow Crows raiders or something).

@Syiic.3724 said:Edit: I realized that I might be late when switching skills so my autoattack might activate.
Very likely the case.