Jacaranda is broken

MorgothLich.1253

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:I can see it but rather than nerf the pet... NERF THE PERMA-ROOT BUILD. Im not even sure why that build is allowed to exist....

That's Arenanet loves the over-abundance of CC.That's also the reason why they their idea of nerfing CC is taking away the damage, rather than actually nerfing CC.

yes and that hits some classes WAAAY harder than others. But blanket nerfs, for a blanket game~ It was never about diversity of builds merely what was and was not acceptable for the time.

Immobilize is hardly a major problem given that you still have the ability to take some action all be it limited. Hard CCs like STUN on the other hand are much much more a problem . Counter actions are limited much more on stuns than immobilize. The big problem is , the hard CC's has out weighed the counters .

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:I can see it but rather than nerf the pet... NERF THE PERMA-ROOT BUILD. Im not even sure why that build is allowed to exist....

That's Arenanet loves the over-abundance of CC.That's also the reason why they their idea of nerfing CC is taking away the damage, rather than actually nerfing CC.

Immobilize is not a “hard CC” effect that “disable all skills for the effect's duration.”.

Depends on the profession, but you might as well be when you can't dodge and are being hit by a number of some of the hardest-hitting skills in the PvP formats through RF/Maul/WI/SA and when condition cleanse sources were deliberately nerfed with the 'Major "balance" patch.'

Well, there really isn’t a depending. There was a clear difference between a damaging hard cc skill, that also locked an opponent’s skills for the duration or until cleansed, and a damaging soft cc that doesn’t lock the skills of an opponent. What you are mentioning is a combo and that is another topic.

@"Fueki.4753" said:If a pet can do CC, especially this long, it should deal no damage.Arenanet made CC weapon skills deal practically no damage, so pets should get the same treatment.

I am going to chalk this up to tardiness. I'm sure Arenanet would have done it, but it's just an oversight that will soon™ be corrected. Right guys? Right? Guys? Hello?

... nothing! No change there, then.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:If a pet can do CC, especially this long, it should deal no damage.Arenanet made CC weapon skills deal practically no damage, so pets should get the same treatment.

I am going to chalk this up to tardiness. I'm sure Arenanet would have done it, but it's just an oversight that will soon™ be corrected. Right guys? Right? Guys? Hello?

... nothing! No change there, then.

But all the hard cc skills were already reduced though. Immobilize isn’t a hard cc effect.

“Soulbeast Merge Skills

• Brutal Charge (Canine): Reduced power coefficient from 0.64 to 0.01.
  • Tail Lash (Devourer): Reduced power coefficient from 0.5 to 0.01.
  • Brutal Charge (Porcine): Reduced power coefficient from 0.67 to 0.01.
  • Takedown (Smokescale): Reduced power coefficient from 0.7 to 0.01.
  • Wing Buffet (Wyvern): Reduced power coefficient from 0.3 to 0.01.

Pet SkillsPorcine Family

• Brutal Charge: Reduced power coefficient from 0.67 to 0.01.Canine Family
  • Brutal Charge: Reduced power coefficient from 0.67 to 0.01.Wolf
  • Terrifying Howl: Reduced power coefficient from 0.2 to 0.01.Devourer
  • Tail Lash: Reduced power coefficient from 0.5 to 0.01.Iboga
  • Fang Grapple: Reduced power coefficient from 0.2 to 0.01.Rock Gazelle
  • Head Toss: Reduced power coefficient from 1.11 to 0.01Smokescale
  • Takedown: Reduced power coefficient from 0.5 to 0.01.Wyvern Family
  • Wing Buffet: Reduced power coefficient from 0.3 to 0.01.Lightning Wyvern
  • Lightning Assault: Reduced power coefficient from 0.6 to 0.01.”

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Control_effect

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"anduriell.6280" said:however CC has a place in game, so I don't disagree with what they did with the last big balance patch.

I don't think being able to be permantnly CC'd, like the February patch promoted, has any place in a game that relies on active dodging.A few stuns here and there is fine, but having every single skill in a "fight" (which actually is not a fight, as one player is just a punching bag) being interrupted is just pure garbage. And sadly, that's what PvP has deteriorated into.

The February patch had nothing to do with addressing being “permanently CC’d”. It had to do with addressing the damage portion of hard cc skills.

You should ask for the devs to add in immunity timers, like I have, because the game allows for chaining of control effects. But be ready for hard and soft cc skills to do more damage if that takes place.

@Swagger.1459 said:The February patch had nothing to do with addressing being “permanently CC’d”. It had to do with addressing the damage portion of hard cc skills.The unnecessary nerfs to stun breaks, for example the two 200 seconds icd traits for Warrior on the Defense line, directly affected CC spam, making it significantly worse than before.

You should ask for the devs to add in immunity timers, like I have, because the game allows for chaining of control effects. But be ready for hard and soft cc skills to do more damage if that takes place.You are aware that people, including me, already have asked for such features repeatedly, right?

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:The February patch had nothing to do with addressing being “permanently CC’d”. It had to do with addressing the damage portion of hard cc skills.The unnecessary nerfs to stun breaks, for example the two 200 seconds icd traits for Warrior on the Defense line, directly affected CC spam, making it significantly worse than before.

You should ask for the devs to add in immunity timers, like I have, because the game allows for chaining of control effects. But be ready for hard and soft cc skills to do more damage if that takes place.You are aware that people, including me, already have asked for such features repeatedly, right?

That's cool, but I think we all know the pithy comeback will always be, "We have a unique combat style that relies heavily on fluidity and we don't believe that hard immunities have a place in the system". Ironic, really, when you see that fluidity come to a crashing halt for one of the combatants.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Aomine.5012 said:It is ONLY good in PVE outdoor so it's nothing to brag about and should not be touched.No-one use it in raid / pvp / wvw because it's just not reliable with little to no utility when merged and dm will never lands.

Every second ranger uses it in PvP for the way-too-long Immobilize and the healing.Every second ranger uses that pet because the thunder AoE. You simply walking will make the pet miss the target with the embrace skill.

@MorgothLich.1253 said:

@MorgothLich.1253 said:Jacaranda is the "supportive" type of pet with a 9s total duration immobilize on 16s cd, 5k dmg ability on 10s cd(which is not hard to land considering the amount of immobilize it can spam), 828 dmg on autoattack, and if it wasn't enough the pet can self heal for 5k, clear 2 conditions and get regen on a 20s cd. Not to mention the fact that it is not even that fast to kill since it has 20k hp.Here is a wiki list of the abilities
)

If the bird dmg was nerfed the jacaranda should receive a nerf too. I'm not saying to nerf it to the ground but this pet has really too many overtuned aspects.Especially when you couple this pet with a build that has even more immobilize spam than the pet already provides you see how much overtuned it really is.So my proposition is nerf call lightining damage by 33% and increase the cd by 33%, fix Jacaranda Embrace 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th pulse since they provide 2s immobilize instead of 1s that the tooltip says so that ability provides 5s of immo and not 9s. Then decide if the pet needs to be tanky with a lot of hp or if it has to heal itself and have lower hp, having both should not happen

So use one dodge every 16-20s to avoid the slow-moving hairy nut flying at you and you can walk out of the Call Lightning before the first strike even hits the ground.

If you play necro you can also just transfer the immobilize back onto the pet because it can't dodge.

I see you went for the compelling arguments "just dodge" or "just transfer", giving the classic forum answers instead of discussing point by point the things I wrote.You see nothing wrong with a supportive type pet with more damage than the ferocious or deadly type, an ability that is clearly bugged providing 9s immo instead of the 5s it should, with a lot of hp and selfheal?

You want your points addressed point by point? Well I don't know why I am wasting my time as this is obviously just a 'waaaah, I got killed in pvp post' but here goes.

1. Jacaranda is a "supportive" pet so this means it should do less damage than deadly or ferocious: Those pet types have nothing to do with the abilities of the pets themselves. They simply indicate what stat bonuses they give to soulbeasts when they merge. Don't believe me? Look at the standard wolf (Deadly) and then look at the alpine wolf (Stout). Their actual stats are identical. Their abilities are identical with the exception of their F2 but even those do the same damage, the secondary effects are the only difference.
  2. The jacaranda has a immobilize that lasts for 9 seconds and "Especially when you couple this pet with a build that has even more immobilize spam than the pet already provides you see how much overtuned it really is.": I'm going to combine these 2 complaints into one reply for the sake of brevity. So the build you are talking about is druid with Ancient Seeds. I happen to be currently running that build and I don't use a jacaranda. Want to know why? Because it has no interrupts and Ancient Seeds requires interrupts to proc. I run a smokescale and either a rock gazelle or wolf as my 2nd pet because they have abilities that proc seeds, which has half the cooldown time of the jacaranda F2. All someone has to do if they get hit with a jacaranda immobilize is cleanse/transfer it and you can't be rooted again for quite some time so it's a rather poor choice to use with a druid build running seeds. Look at the wvw builds on Metabattle for that matter. There isn't a single one, not even soulbeasts, that uses a jacaranda as a pet.
  3. Call Lightning does too much damage: Call Lightning does very little damage unless you stand in it for the full duration. If you do that, it's because you are either not very bright or you don't have enough condition cleanse in your build to clear the immobilize, take your pick. Either way, that's on you.
  4. Jacarandas have high health and a self heal: First off, they do not have high health. They are actually on the lowest tier for pet health. Look at the bears if you want to see high health (bears also have a self heal as well as an invuln albeit their heal is not as strong.) As far as the self heal is concerned, who cares? Are you actually trying to kill a ranger pet instead of the ranger? That's the only way it would be relevant and if you are doing that, again, that's on you.

So there you go, there is your point by point refutation. I'm going to assume from your account name and avatar that you are likely a necro player. I'll just let you know that I had a 1v1 vs. a reaper last night and he hit me for about 8200 with a single ability and took me from 50% health to downed instantly. The ability was Death Spiral which isn't even the hardest hitting ability in the reaper's toolkit. If you do play necro, especially reaper, well I'll just say I probably wouldn't be going around asking for other classes to be nerfed if it were me.

There is no much of a point of discussing anything here anyway, peeps will keep complaining about everything about the ranger and Anet will keep nerfing even if it makes no sense until the class is completely destroyed.

Look what they did with druid and later with soulbeast. Soulbeast a supposed single target glass dps spec does so little damage now that mains are coming back to druid to play with the perma immob meme because there is nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering players are able to "PERMA-BOON" Jacarda's are relatively weak and useless. It's stun does not effect those with perma -stability, does little to no damage with attacks or lightning strike due to shields, and perma-reflects....overall most pets do jack squat vs. other players now, and their mostly....the most worthless garbage now. Most rangers are leaning towards defensive pets for merged capabilities for Soulbeasts now. Bear, bird, Jacards...not for any damage they can do, but for their healing or condition clears. Most of the offensive pets are literally useless against perma-boon classes or against 5 man pvp teams or 60 man zergs. Their relatively useless now, from all the continueing nerfs. Ranger pets are nothing more than one trick pony's now, whose only useful traits are used in Merged Soulbeast capacity. I been playing Ranger for 14 years now in gw1 and gw2. And that says a lot about my opinion on the matter with pets. Most consider pets to be a nuisance, instead of a threat. And if the opposing player doesn't treat the pet as a threat...then it's useless.