Does 2 or more person standing on same point capture faster? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Does 2 or more person standing on same point capture faster?

I play this game for 10 days and i keep seeing people walking towards me and stand with me when i try to capture a point.

Also people walking from mid to side point just to 3v1 and then lose mid point

Is this the correct way to win a game or am i missing something?

Comments

• Nope, caps the same speed no matter how many players on your team are on the point.

• Stallic.2397Stallic.2397 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2020

Rotations seems to be the hardest skill to acquire in this game. To really excel, you must make excellent rotation decisions to compensate for your team mates making horrible rotations

• @Ronald McDonald.8165 said:
    Nope, caps the same speed no matter how many players on your team are on the point.

This is incorrect. 5 players will actaully cap a node faster than 1-4. However, 1-4 cap at the same speed.

• Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭

@Tapps.1479 said:

@Ronald McDonald.8165 said:
    Nope, caps the same speed no matter how many players on your team are on the point.

This is incorrect. 5 players will actaully cap a node faster than 1-4. However, 1-4 cap at the same speed.

Actually only platin player wont cap faster. In gold 2 players cap faster, in silver 3 players and so on. As for legendary players they don't cap at all because it is a waste of valuable time they rather spend killing the plebs.

• No, you can feel free to educate people when you see them doing that. You can also call them names instead. (Please don't give me another warning, forum moderator! It was just a JOKE)

• Crozame.4098Crozame.4098 Member ✭✭✭

Yes it does!

• Tharan.9085Tharan.9085 Member ✭✭✭

It actually does cap faster (confirmed by Ben), but only a tiny bit. It's not really worth it

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2020

Don't cap with more than 1 person, every second is valuable.

• Liewec.2896Liewec.2896 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2020

no but it should, it'd make for better gameplay imho,
    if 3 people are on a point they should outweigh a bunker from the other team.
    it'd be a simple fix for the stupid bunker meta

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@YoRHa.4105 said:
    I play this game for 10 days and i keep seeing people walking towards me and stand with me when i try to capture a point.

No, it does not speed it up. When someone does that, I leave them to capture the point while I go somewhere else.

• Answer: No it does not.

• Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

No. But it gives you the feeling of safety - now you know you cap the point for sure. If you leave ... the other still might be someone that leaves early. Happens regularly: Bar fillet to 80 or 90 percent and the guy standing there leaves too early. I always wait for actually the UI info message changes to defend. To make sure.

Stop saying it doesn't, it does altough it's not worth it

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stallic.2397 said:
    Rotations seems to be the hardest skill to acquire in this game. To really excel, you must make excellent rotation decisions to compensate for your team mates making horrible rotations

And use a build that can explode ppl in 2 secs to rotate back before theyre all dead

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tharan.9085 said:

It practically doesn't. There is no situation where this is useful, so we might as well totally forget this exists.

• Swagg.9236Swagg.9236 Member ✭✭✭✭

@YoRHa.4105 said:

Unfortunately, that feature from 2005 never made it into the 2012 sequel (or any of its updates).

• Eugchriss.2046Eugchriss.2046 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2020

@Tharan.9085 said:

Unless the wiki is wrong:

Gw2-wiki said:
    The time it takes to capture a point is not influenced by the number of people in the area.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:

Gw2-wiki said:
    The time it takes to capture a point is not influenced by the number of people in the area.

Well, BenP said that serveral people capturing a node makes it slightly faster, so I'm not sure. Anyways, it's not worth multicapping

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:

Gw2-wiki said:

Well, BenP said that serveral people capturing a node makes it slightly faster, so I'm not sure. Anyways, it's not worth multicapping

Ben is wrong and this is been mathematically proven that multiple people do not cap faster.