New (old really) Condition Request

Lan Deathrider.5910

Those who played GW1 will remember a condition called Deep Wound. For those that did not play, it reduced your max HP by 20% and reduced healing by 20%. It was prevalent on martial classes like Warrior, Assassin, and Dervish but also Mesmer which is a caster class, and was a staple in both PvE and Competitive play.

I think it should be reintroduced into GW2, with both the HP reduction and the healing reduction. There are a few effects that reduce HP already, namely Lich Form 5, so the mechanics are already there to by used for bringing Deep Wound back. Having the healing reduction stack with Poison's healing reduction would also help versus bunkers in competitive play.

I'd propose letting Mesmer, Thief, and Warrior gain access to Deep Wound (this mirrors the availability from GW1).

For instance: Put Deep Wound on Cloak and Dagger and on Backstab for Thief.For Warrior: Deep Wound on Savage Leap and Eviscerate. Maybe Even Rush.For Mesmer: Deep Wound on Blurred Frenzy and Chaos Storm.

Any duration would have to be 2s-4s as it would be a powerful condition in competitive play. Being a condition it would be clearable. For boon conversion purposes I suppose it would convert to Regeneration, but if a new boon ever occurs it and Deep Wound should share a row on the table.

If each class in the game had the same base health pool I'd be okay with deep wound. But since they have different base health amounts it's a pass for me.

I do want new conditions. But interesting ones like a condition that can have its effect changed or disease. Plus poison fills some of the role Deep wound would.

@Lily.1935 said:If each class in the game had the same base health pool I'd be okay with deep wound. But since they have different base health amounts it's a pass for me.

I do want new conditions. But interesting ones like a condition that can have its effect changed or disease. Plus poison fills some of the role Deep wound would.

Valid concern, and I personally disagree with it.

Poison does part of the old deep wound not all of it, and I say let it stack.

@Dawdler.8521 said:But poison is a far better version of this since it does damage too. I dont understand why we would need this.

Deep Wound would be better on a Power build. It would reduced the hp pool by 20% to aid in bursting a target down.

@Noah Salazar.5430 said:Againsttogether with poison it would cause too many harm

I propose insted nerf resistence from 100% to 40% but more common like Protection

I'm not against nerfing resistance. If stacking healing reduction is too powerful for you then what are your thoughts on the HP reduction part of the condition?

@Noah Salazar.5430 said:Againsttogether with poison it would cause too many harm

I propose insted nerf resistence from 100% to 40% but more common like Protection

I would rework resistance: conditions can not be applied while you have resistance, but protection should reduce both psychical and condition damage.

I don't know if someone actually need to cut 20% of someone's HP. This is why there's Vulnerability and you can stack it up to 25. More damage or less HP...

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Lily.1935 said:If each class in the game had the same base health pool I'd be okay with deep wound. But since they have different base health amounts it's a pass for me.

Valid concern, and I personally disagree with it.

Poison does part of the old deep wound not all of it, and I say let it stack.

The mechanics of Health and energy are quite different in GW1 than GW2 and not everything can be translated. Deep wound for example would reduce Elementalist for example into being more easily one shot and even put Mesmers, rangers, revenants, engineer all in 1-2 shot range without vitality investment. It pushes the game further into a bursty playstyle which anet has been trying to avoid and if it doesn't work against bosses its pointless in PvE and if it does work against bosses it becomes required and makes those fights much quicker as well as possibly screwing up phasing for Raids and Fractals.