What druid should be

NotFound.7813

@"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:What do you mean by "teamfighter"?Role of Druid should be only "support" and nothing beside that.

I would include in both of them , i mean ofc a support (i always thing about supports as teamfighters) but druid still needs to have dmg and not be a full healer build that would make no sense for me .

The only problem druid has with becoming a proper support is the cooldown on CA, and the radius of some of its abilities. The raw healing power, the cleanses, the supporting CC, they're all there. The potential healing output is way higher than Tempest or FB, and immob-spam can be just as annoying as shocking-aura or axe-CC. You just can't access them 'on demand' when you need to, either 'cos you're waiting for CA to be available again, or because your team-mate is just slightly out of range.

Now the reason CA has to have a fairly long cooldown is the raw power of the traits Druidic Clarity and Celestial Shadow. Having both of those available on anything less than 20s cooldown would be (and, indeed in the past, was) insanely OP.

So, given that we can't get those traits reworked, because PvP is beneath the notice of the wise-masters of balance, could we instead get 30s internal-CDs put on those traits for PvP, and then reduce CA cooldown to 10s and increase the radius on some of the glyph and CA skills? That'd make druid a legit contender for support, without making it broken on sides.

@Ragnar.4257 said:The only problem druid has with becoming a proper support is the cooldown on CA, and the radius of some of its abilities.

That really, really, is simply not true at all.

You may not agree with my suggestions of how to fix it, but read the druid link in my signature if you want to know exactly what prevents druid from being the support it was intended to be. The problems are a lot deeper and in weirder places than what most people would imagine.

The catalyst problem here before any other discussion, is how Core Ranger itself has always been a poor team fighter, and as such the base class that Druid has to attach itself to is just bad at staying in team fights, which limits what it can do as a support next to something like a Firebrand or Tempest, which are placed upon cores that have always been excellent in team fights. Druid will forever be a side node duelist because it has to go on top of Core Ranger, which pigeonholes it into a side node, because Core Ranger is also pigeonholed as a side node due to class design.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:The only problem druid has with becoming a proper support is the cooldown on CA, and the radius of some of its abilities.

That really, really, is simply not true at all.

You may not agree with my suggestions of how to fix it, but read the druid link in my signature if you want to know exactly what prevents druid from being the support it was intended to be. The problems are a lot deeper and in weirder places than what most people would imagine.

The catalyst problem here before any other discussion, is how Core Ranger itself has always been a poor team fighter, and as such the base class that Druid has to attach itself to is just bad at staying in team fights, which limits what it can do as a support next to something like a Firebrand or Tempest, which are placed upon cores that have always been excellent in team fights. Druid will forever be a side node duelist because it has to go on top of Core Ranger, which pigeonholes it into a side node, because Core Ranger is also pigeonholed as a side node due to class design.

I've read it. I still disagree.

There's nothing that Tempest or FB have that Druid doesn't make up for in some other way, that fundamentally make Druid impossible to support with.

They all provide CC. They all have ways of keeping themselves alive. They all provide sustain to allies in some way.

Obviously I'm not saying that they're currently on even footing. But it's not outside the realm of possibility that Druid can be brought to the same level. Make it so you can get into CA more regularly, make it so CA #1 and #2 aren't absolutely terrible (which really just needs a radius increase, the heal/cleanse values are fine). Glyphs honestly are pretty good (well, some of them), it's just the radius that sucks.

An AoE push/pull on a 16s cooldown, that also blinds and cleanses? Not bad.An AoE heal that if you go heavy into healing modifiers can give 15k AoE heal on 20s cooldown? Not bad.An AoE that prevents any condition application for allies for 7s, on 48s cooldown? Not bad.

The only problem is you have to go in super-close to do this stuff, because of the radius.

I think Druid needs CA reduction overall while bringing druidic clarity and celestial shadow in line. Druidic clarity should remove 2 condis aoe and maybe even remove 1 boon from enemies instead this selfish design keeping druid form problematic. Idk what to do with celestial shadow maybe even align it with lunar impact to give 2 second superspeed and stealth but with adittional 20% cd increase.

Skill 1 in CA should give protection and regen instead this low heal.Skill 5 should be non stationary instant stunbreak additionaly with blast finisher on the end with big cooldown like 50 sec to not feel op which would help you stay inside druid mode and not clutch with using it just for stability and cancelling

Staff needs burning condition on aa last hit and skill 2 for 2 stacks of burn.Skill 4 on staff needs to stay and act like staff ele area denialAncestral Grace need evade back or should act like teleport with 3/4 sec preparation cast time and now it gives protection to all allies instead just pet

Glyphs inside CA needs to act like ground target aoe and they will no longer heal druid but only allies so you need to choose between healing allies inside or use selfish offensive glyphs out of CA. Only exception would be glyph of Stars and glyph of equality which would remain effects same inside and outside.

Glyph of stars is great in some matches and you can safe cast it with longbow 3 stealth you don t actually need stability but rezz speed inside CA should be stronger than it is right now.

This all would make druid more fun but maybe op even thought druid don t need much change, it needs quality of life changes more than just random buffs because right now it doesn t have defined role. I think fast paced ranged glyph healer with some light condi pressure would make it good. If temptest is kinda prot with light heals druid should be fuse healer with light prots and not be forced for malee range. It would make sense since its still ranger spec to make heals from range and that would also make combat more intesting. For example if you use aoe heal glyph and heal your allies for 7k aoe good enemies would know you don t have heal now for yourself which makes you easy target to kill but still now saving your team which can peel for you after.

Team fighter should be quite interesting for Druid, but more oriented for supportish range heals.

@Avatar.3568U already have the over 9000 quickness from the "spambrands", more quickness dont make much sense IMO ofc.

ANything for more offensive i leave for the players that are more used to the class but as in support IMO this is what i feel it could help the class:

-Avatar form durantion can be increased towards e-management, for example inc regen % of it could help the energy of the Avatar form making it last a biut longer..-Avatar form Glyph sAOE range increased to 200.-More output heal to alies, less to the druid, so basicly swap the effects on auto staff., ( druids already have the trait live vicariiouly or something for self heal).-Druidic Clarity. can cleanse condis every 3 sec , if a condi is cleansed pplayer and pet will gain 1 stack of stability.Staff:-Astral wisp needs to be ammo based with 3 ammo.-Sublime conversion, removes regen and increases the healing done by range stuff hiting alies from 200 to 700-800, player that pass trough hit m8 gain some sorta effect that increases healing inc by 3-7% ???Glyph of the Stars normal form, no longer roots caster, but caster moves 80% slowerGlyph of the Stars AVATAR form, quickness 2 seconds after skill being casted, for a initial burst at the beggining, no longer roots caster, caster moves 80% slower.

And new pets for druid only :) that fit the support ofensive theme.? should Druids tame sylvaries?? XD

@CroTiger.7819 would a boost on its elite with quickness improve he rez like i sugested, imo more than that wouldnt make the skill but crazy?

Btw ic this changes gamewide not only for spvp, wich i think druids need to loose their selfsih effects and be more for others than themselves, wich is the issue of the class imo.