Issue resetting password through Guild Wars 2 website

Wyvern.7951

Hello there,

I have been trying to recover my old account. I have two. One I originally pre-purchased before the launch of Guild Wars 2, and another I purchased when PoF launched to start fresh and anew. I wanted to get back into my original account and use it as my main for the upcoming expac. The characters on that account are sentimental to me. Unfortunately when I try to reset the password using the 'forgot password' function, I get a blank page. I've tried multiple browsers and devices and the results are the same. This issue only seems to be affecting my older account. I can reset the password on my new account absolutely fine! Upon checking online, I notice there are quite a few people who've run into this issue when trying to recover really old accounts. I haven't logged into my original account for at least 3-4 years now. Several months back, this issue popped up with the website and it was fix by a dev but it looks like its come back. I submitted a ticket, but thought I should post it on the account & technical support in case the devs ever look here. I know they used to back in the launch year! I've posted a image below of the page I receive when I try to reset password.

Here's the image, (Microsoft Edge)K37vwyi.png

Some info that may help with troubleshooting if it is a website bug. Not sure if this is useful! I'm not very savvy when it comes to this stuff, but some of the info the dev needed last time included this.

• The old account uses a Hotmail/Live/Outlook email and the new one is a Gmail.
  • The old account was purchased and created in 2012.
  • Accessing the page from Canada
  • I’ve tried different browsers including chrome, Microsoft edge, ff and safari.
  • Tried clearing cookies/caches.
  • Tried to disable ad blocker
  • Attempted to reset it on both my PC and on my iPhone.

Images when pressing F12, (Chrome)

Scrolled UpvLj2p1a.png

Scrolled DownGu2PqmD.png

If this was fixed it would help take some weight off the support/ticket team. (:

Edit: Also my apologies. This thread probably should have gone into, Bugs: Game, Forum, Website.

I am having the same issues on my main account Natas.6714

Due to power outage my ISP changed my IP therefore triggering SMS verification when logging in.

I got an SMS message on this account and I can login with no issues.

When I switch to my main account an try to login, I get an error.

I was expecting an SMS verification code the same as my alt..

Note that I am using the same number on both accounts.

Submitted an anonymous Ticket 6 hours ago and still no reply.

I hope you get your account back Natas! If it’s anything to go by, I got my account back via support ticket today. I submitted my ticket anonymously on the 20th, so it was a 2-3-ish day wait. That’s a quicker turnaround than I expected.

Hopefully they can fix this issue with the website! With end of dragons coming, I’m sure there are a lot of old players who will want to come back and access their old accounts. (: