Strikes question [New meta]

If your against dps metters, and want play like you want

Wuld you join to meta of 8tanks+2healers squad? (bs/alac/quick maybe but for now not)

So you not gona die and kill boss with your time? (doing 8-16k dps)

Or will you join to that types of squads if more ppl will put them on lfg with tag [casual]

power gearhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?POTAMA-zVJYiKFcgovzoWJQ6KANOLyfGB-wcondi gearhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?POTAUA-zVJYkKFcgovwoLBCLAnpBDfaA-whealer gearhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?POTAY2AA-zVJYjKFcgovyo6CI9EQnZp9NL-w

The order of the squad is not to finish strikes the fastest, but the safest while not going full tank (1k dps)(having in mind the slower you do, the less rewards you get)

Pros:-> More casual players will can play togheter and play witchout any worry of kick/flame-> Posible to have more nice experience witchout of need nerfing content-> The more that gear setup gonna be popularized, devs will can notice and increst time for strikes (if it will be needed)-> Casuals will have thay lfg groups so thay will no need force more experienced players to play with them-> Meta players will can join that squad, but can't complain or warning/kick for not respecting others and breaking

While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game, same as when you join to team while your not a leader.
As squad was created with intention for lower dpsCons:-> less rewards

Over time the better players will play, thay can slowly replacing gear from trabalizer to viper/ maruder to berserk, and when thay full change to berserk/viper thay gona be ready to join normal squadsOr stay on [casual] lfg permament if ther are no have will to improve, but having fun witchout worry to be kicked and progresing safe and more fun

If most ppl will approved that idea, and communtiy will use that types of lfg more often, also you will can find eazier ppl thay will have Trabalizer/Maruder gear insted of Berserk/Viper

Even the faster than it is now, as more ppl (with lower skill) will want try that content

In same time ppl that like chalange or like play on meta builds will can play on thay lv wichout wory of nerfing content (like it was with 100cm and removing kp :/)

I think you need hard discusion on this topic as communityIf your gona comment, tell from what perspective Casual/Medium/Meta/Li player you see that idea

Strike Missions have time limits though.So if your whole group damage is not enough to succeed within the time limit, you'll still fail even if nobody dies.
Na it's duable on trabalizer/maruder, i only joked that it's "tank"prob you misundersted that it's "full" tank that don't do any dmg, what is not true

@ParadoX.3124

@"borgs.6103"

it gona look similar to this

full berserked holo did 16-20kmaruder 12-14kand it took 2-3min

But for full confrim, i gona make maruder gear myself, and check on golem dif in numberson trabalizer gear you can check result here

you just do 40-45% less dmg for x2hp pool

Compare to raids you don't have dps check for one shot (only time limit)

So that change can be legit, alowing more ppl to do that content, with ppl that do less dmg or usualy die often

If that gona by popularized, ppl like that will can come togheter for [casual] tag with trab+maruder but geting bronze/silver reward insted

but this time thay will can even try Wispers of Jormag on chill (Bonskineer will be more forgiving)

Problem is new/casual player can't come with maruder or trab gear, cuz 99% teams have point to clear boss fastes posible with hightest damage

I think that topic have big potential, even ending on creating guild that will play that way not only on strikes but fractals t4(hight dps alowing you to skip some mechanics, but on trab/maruder, you will end up more alive, and will actualy learning mechanics)

Same reason why when you boost your character to 80lv, your geting knight gear insted of berserk

If more ppl will like do strikes, fractals cuz of trabalizer/maruder partys (when normaly thay skip that activitis), that modes can be alot increst with player base and same it gona impact veteras, as more ppl will change from trabalizer/maruder to berserk/viper when thay gona be much confortable to switch insted of geting kicked, or having problem with finding party

As community we need discues it and find way for less skilled players to do content witchout nerfing content that we are like as more skilled players

or next thay gona remove kp from raids :/

We need to do somethink or anet will do it for us with worse results >_<

@"Noah Salazar.5430" said:

Strike Missions have time limits though.So if your whole group damage is not enough to succeed within the time limit, you'll still fail even if nobody dies.
Na it's duable on trabalizer/maruder, i only joked that it's "tank"prob you misundersted that it's "full" tank that don't do any dmg, what is not trueOkay. Now I get you mean by "tank".Here's the other side of that: The faster you defeat or phase the boss, the less mechanics you have to do, which retroactively gives the group a smaller chance to screw up or fail.There are boss attacks and skills that are HP-based damage or just plain one-shots if you fail to dodge or prevent it from happening. I'm not sure if there are such attacks on Strike Missions, but if Strikes are supposed to be the stepping stone to do raids and you're so used to tanking everything instead of actively dodging or trying to prevent attacks by phasing it right away, then you'll be in for a world of hurt once you try them.

Being tankier than usual is good if you're trying to learn. I'm not against it and honestly don't care. I'd rather have the person know the encounter and mechanics. However that may also lead to complacency. This is just me, but I'd rather be thrown at the deep end.