Sunqua Peak stripping boons at the start of boss fight

Janitsu.6284

One of the few things that set fractals and raids (and with raids, strike missions) apart from one another is the fact that you are able to prestack boons and that way be sure that you will have enough boons for a set amount of time. This allows for some nifty strategies (such as swapping boon duration gear for damage gear) that, in my humble opinion, make the fractals so interesting. This is due to the fact that you can do multiple small adjustments to the build or the gear that you are using with the prestacked boons to be able to take your gameplay to another level. This can shave off A LOT OF time when it comes to fractal CM bosses (as well as other encounters) and makes it much more fun to upkeep boons for a set amount of time.

Please change the Sunqua Peak fractal to not strip the boons in the beginning, if there is no actual reason for it to do that, so it follows the "unwritten rules" of fractals.

How does killing a boss faster going all zerk makes the fight more interesting?Less frustrating to pug I could understand, but I fail to see anything more interesting in bursting a boss down before you have to deal with the intended mechanics.If anything I'd like to see prestaking removed from all CMs and why not, how about getting rid of CC consumables too? (would be nice seeing people having to do more than fast hitting a punching bag).

Have to agree with the other posters here, but I feel I need to explain:In general I am all for maximizing and pushing limits. If players enjoy doing so, more power to them.

With double precasting boons though, we are crossing a threshhold imo, similar to cc consumables. It eliminates a huge part of build design and itemization during the fight. This would have been less an issue in the past, but by now, with all the power creep and item power creep (being even able to prestack 40s+ on boons, etc), it makes actual gear worn during combat irrelevant (besides full dps) and even makes certain skills obsolet during the encounter.

Imo, the removal of boons at thevstart of a fight adds way more elements to actual fights and depth, than just prestacking all boons, then bursting encounters, which are clearly not designed around such output, down in seconds.

Similar to cc consumables. On the one hand, they offer a nice balance for classes which have less access to cc or at a higher cost, making more say dps viable. On the otherhand, they remove a ton of build depth from the encounter.

Again, I myself am conflicted here. I love the fact that players can push the boundries, but am saddend that the actual build diversity and combat depth suffers from such elements.

@"Janitsu.6284" said:One of the few things that set fractals and raids (and with raids, strike missions) apart from one another is the fact that you are able to prestack boons and that way be sure that you will have enough boons for a set amount of time. This allows for some nifty strategies (such as swapping boon duration gear for damage gear) that, in my humble opinion, make the fractals so interesting. This is due to the fact that you can do multiple small adjustments to the build or the gear that you are using with the prestacked boons to be able to take your gameplay to another level. This can shave off A LOT OF time when it comes to fractal CM bosses (as well as other encounters) and makes it much more fun to upkeep boons for a set amount of time.

Please change the Sunqua Peak fractal to not strip the boons in the beginning, if there is no actual reason for it to do that, so it follows the "unwritten rules" of fractals.

I completly agree with you, the ability to precast is what defines fractals and it's great fun being able to optimize your gears and builds just for that end. It is what differenciates fractals from raids.

Another issue which blurrs this limit between fractals and raids in this new release is the obvious slow mobility setting that you find in RAIDS.

Finally, precasting doesn't eliminate the need to do mechanics and one expects fractals to be dynamic. I personaly consider this new fractal more of pain than a fun experience (in normal mode or cm), and that it needs a rework.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:I honestly wish they added bosses who corrupt boonsHow should this work? You either wont run with boon supports anymore or you would just randomly lose boons which is just annoying. There are already condi stripping mechanics. You can dodge them though.Seriously double precast with all the utilities before the fight and then resetting everything to swap in other skills shouldnt be a thing. Soulbeast starts a fight with like 20sec of owp because of this or the ridiculous cfb ashes stacks. quadra fgs. Im all for precast but normal precasts, no cd reset ones.

I really don't have a strong opinion on it either way. What is a minor issue though is the inconsistency, with Sunqua Peak being the only encounter in all of Fractals to behave this way.

What honestly bothers me much more, esp. as FB main (QB/HFB) having to charge Mantras, is people still insisting on all the old support Chrono gg's to reset Continuum Split for prebuffing, when that hasn't been needed/been out of Meta for years at this point.

Old habits die hard I suppose, so I wouldn't mind some housekeeping being done there on Anet's part - but it should be consistent across all encounters.If all encounter's stripping boons at the start is what it takes for people to realise that all these Chrono gg's just cost time and patience (and already not being needed to prestack), then I'm all for it.That said, if it wasn't for all the redundant gg's, I actually quite like the prestacking dynamic in Fractals.

I would actually like it if every boss fight stripped boons at the start. However, I do think that it should be "snappier." To me it feels like there is a short delay after entering combat that the boon strip actually occurs, when it should be right on the first millisecond of entering combat.