Unlimited dodge, clone, and infinite horizon mirage build?

Bast.7253

I've seen two mesmers using this build. They have total condi cleanse, constant clones and stealth, ambush attacks everytime they disappear.

Would really love to know how they're accomplishing this one with dodge and condi clear coming from that one dodge.

They're usually running scepter, torch, and I'm not sure about the other weapons.

Also to note, NEITHER one would say what their build was with one of them being a smart allec and saying "pve."

The fact that neither one would disclose their build and I've scoured numerous traitlines to repeat the same sustain and damage tells me that there is a third party program involved. If this was attainable by a simple change of build mirage wouldn't be trash tier in ranked right now.

@Starbreaker.6507 said:Is it me, or are the even the troll posts just low effort lately?

Maybe it all ebbs and flows with the balance Anet gives this mode.

Is it just me or does this post do nothing to contribute?

On a relevant note, the closest I've gotten to replicating their build is running chaos/illusions/mirage.

This is with axe/torch pistol/sword.

Still isn't putting out the consistent conditions that these builds were.

@"Bast.7253" said:I've seen two mesmers using this build. They have total condi cleanse, constant clones and stealth, ambush attacks everytime they disappear.

Would really love to know how they're accomplishing this one with dodge and condi clear coming from that one dodge.

They're usually running scepter, torch, and I'm not sure about the other weapons.

Also to note, NEITHER one would say what their build was with one of them being a smart allec and saying "pve."

The fact that neither one would disclose their build and I've scoured numerous traitlines to repeat the same sustain and damage tells me that there is a third party program involved. If this was attainable by a simple change of build mirage wouldn't be trash tier in ranked right now.

im curious, how can you fight something and not even know what weapons they use?btw you cant have IH and EM :)

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Bast.7253" said:I've seen two mesmers using this build. They have total condi cleanse, constant clones and stealth, ambush attacks everytime they disappear.

im curious, how can you fight something and not even know what weapons they use?btw you cant have IH and EM :)

I mean, have you ever fought a mirage?

I can play as one and barely see the screen.

It's not like warrior where everything is extremely telegraphed and there isn't visual clutter. Staff, scepter and axe are obvious, as is torch. I'm assuming it's sword given that I didn't see pistol or focus attacks.

I play this kind of build when i go lazy mode. Condi Mirage Axe/Torch or Scepter/Torch + Staff. Staff could be replaced by X/Pistol for more dmg at the cost of lower survivability. Rabid or Carrion Amulet, Prismatic Understanding. In most cases i almost never shatter my clones. Mirage only have ONE dodge in PvP and WvW, thx to previous nerf, but you have other skills which are kinda Dodge. Super easy, realxing playstyle, dmg is not bad at all. But it's boring. I prefer my Power GS Chrono.Dodge removes three conditions (two in PVP and WvW) and creates a Clone. Arcane Thievery skill removes another 3 conditions and send them back to a foe.You can have Stealth x 4 times: Torch stealth, 2 x Skills + Elite, but i wouldn't recommend having more then 3 Stealth skills. Oh, and you get random buffs when Stealthed.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Sifu.9745" how can the damage be " not bad " if you are running EM and not IH along with dueling and chaos? what does do damage?

Hmm, i have never tried out IH, my bad. It looks like completely useless trait ... When i play Mirage (and i don't play it often) i wanna rely on defensive playstyle mostly. Is the dmg difference really that noticeable, if you take IH? I mean it's just my illusions get Mirage cloak for 1.5 second, right? And they have to hit my opponent/s with Ambush and i can't guarantee that hit will happen. Sometimes they are too far away. I don't want to rely much on my clones and AI for the dmg part. Anyway Axe and torch do ok dmg, Scepter #3 is not bad either.If i want to do real dmg i would play power GS Chrono. Mirage is just for annoying people. More kind of bunker spec :)

@Sifu.9745 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Sifu.9745 how can the damage be " not bad " if you are running EM and not IH along with dueling and chaos? what does do damage?

Hmm, i have never tried out IH, my bad. It looks like completely useless trait ... When i play Mirage (and i don't play it often) i wanna rely on defensive playstyle mostly. Is the dmg difference really that noticeable, if you take IH? I mean it's just my illusions get Mirage cloak for 1.5 second, right? And they have to hit my opponent/s with Ambush and i can't guarantee that hit will happen. Sometimes they are too far away. I don't want to rely much on my clones and AI for the dmg part. Anyway Axe and torch do ok dmg, Scepter #3 is not bad either.If i want to do real dmg i would play power GS Chrono. Mirage is just for annoying people. More kind of bunker spec :)

The advantage even if it doesn’t hit is confusing the opponent. If it’s just you doing the ambush it’s easier to see where you are. But yeah, I think it’s a significant increase. I also really like it on greatsword.