Your servers are getting laggy on more maps - [Merged]

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warning: sarcastic post follows, don't take it seriously

There is no fix they can apply to solve the issue because the servers are fine. It's either your computer, your ISP, your network, the way your ISP routes your data to Anet servers, but there is no problem with the servers because some people aren't affected by these issues. Your best bet is to move to a different city/country, change ISP, buy a new Computer or all of the above since it's clearly a problem with you and nothing Anet can do about it.

PS: this is a sarcastic post don't take it seriously

@maddoctor.2738 said:There is no fix they can apply to solve the issue because the servers are fine. It's either your computer, your ISP, your network, the way your ISP routes your data to Anet servers, but there is no problem with the servers because some people aren't affected by these issues. Your best bet is to move to a different city/country, change ISP, buy a new Computer or all of the above since it's clearly a problem with you and nothing Anet can do about it.

I mean, it is an issue that does NOT apply to everyone equally. I've had enough times where I had no lag while map chat was full of people saying they had crazy skill delays. It's certainly on them to fix, but still.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:This has been issue since pof came out

I did not have these issues in pof till last month.. I think its just more people in pof than other maps.. As an Aussie i tend to play off peak US times, in those times as a whole i get less issues, as the Americans wake up and join the servers my latency issues get much much worse.

@Blocki.4931 said:I mean, it is an issue that does NOT apply to everyone equally. I've had enough times where I had no lag while map chat was full of people saying they had crazy skill delays. It's certainly on them to fix, but still.

From memory, this issue been occurring on a variety of maps since the move to AWS. ArenaNet appear to be very mum about the whole thing and I cannot understand why. If I had the kind of latency issues in my place of work that ArenaNet does, the IT senior management would be screaming until it is fixed.

It will have quite a severe impact on maintaining those new Steam players when they run through core Tyria, find they love it, purchase PoF + HoT (FoC), only to run into huge lag. But again, ArenaNet do not seem to want to communicate this to us.

I do not often criticise the developers but this is something that baffles me completely.

@"maddoctor.2738" said:There is no fix they can apply to solve the issue because the servers are fine. It's either your computer, your ISP, your network, the way your ISP routes your data to Anet servers, but there is no problem with the servers because some people aren't affected by these issues. Your best bet is to move to a different city/country, change ISP, buy a new Computer or all of the above since it's clearly a problem with you and nothing Anet can do about it.

That 3-way fight in SMC with massive lag and 1/3 of them end up D/Cin'? Nah, totally the players' crap internet.As the Simpsons puts it:

@maddoctor.2738 said:There is no fix they can apply to solve the issue because the servers are fine. It's either your computer, your ISP, your network, the way your ISP routes your data to Anet servers, but there is no problem with the servers because some people aren't affected by these issues. Your best bet is to move to a different city/country, change ISP, buy a new Computer or all of the above since it's clearly a problem with you and nothing Anet can do about it.

AHA! Saw the sarcastic bit after I quoted. -- agreed then.

Before the switch to AWS 2 years ago, we had no lag issues except in a Zerg WB fight when it was daily.

BTW, I'm still using the same tier of ISP service and exactly the same PC.

Now I see lag just arranging my inventory on some days.

@keenedge.9675 said:

AHA! Saw the sarcastic bit after I quoted. -- agreed then.

Before the switch to AWS 2 years ago, we had no lag issues except in a Zerg WB fight when it was daily.

BTW, I'm still using the same tier of ISP service and exactly the same PC.

Now I see lag just arranging my inventory on some days.

Actually, the move to AWS servers took place 3 years ago (almost to the day).