Who do you anticipate will be EoDs main cast?

Zola.6197

I highly doubt that Jahvi or Ryland would be art of this. I think their roles would en by the end of Icebrood Saga.Same for Crecia. Someone will have to stay behind to watch over the legion, or maybe she would die. Either way, i don't see Rytlock following the same fate, so I doubt she'll be with us.

As for the rest:

• Rytlock: very likely. He's been part of evrything since the beginning, i don't see him changing know. Maybe Icebrood saga will give him a chance to acquire a new role among the charrs, or he will finally fully accept that his place is among us. Either way, it's very probable we'll have him.
  • Taimi: She's been totally out since the end of S4. As her end is approaching, it would be the time to adress it. For all that reason, I think (and hope!) she'll come with us.
  • Gorrik: Hard to imagine Taimi without him, plus we'll need one asura either way, so very likely.
  • Marjory: Practically 100% chance. I mean come on, she's been out for too long, Cantha is the ideal place for her (we may need her detective skills also)
  • Kasmeer: Extremely likely, both to follow marjory and as a kryteen representative. We may have some members of the Shining Blade following as well.
  • Canach: We'll likely gonna have the opportunist by our side. The possible interactions with the Echoval guardians and his possible implication in some elite spec Lore could be nice
  • Caithe: Average. She serves Aurene now. Though she doesn't really to stay by her side, she remains independant from our group. I'd rather see her doing sneaky stuff in the background to help us.
  • Rox: Does she still exist? Joke appart, I hardly see how she would fit in after they failed to gave her a role in a charr-focused season.
  • Braham: Many things will probably end for him by the end of ICB. Either way, if we can spare any member of Dragon Watch, that would be him.
  • Logan: As people said, we'll definitely have the Pact by our side, so Logan, both as his leader and prominent figure in Kryta will definitely be part of the expedition, though we can't probably expect many scenes with him.
  • Ember Doomforge: As the Representative of the Legions, and probably of the Vigil as well, since Laranthir will become the new general and there's currently no charr in the high Warmasters. I see it as a possibility.

Now for the surprise stuff:Livia ? Queen Jennah would obviously want worthy agent on that foreign land. Considering how experienced she is, the amount of strange magic we gonna face, plus the fact we're reaching toward the end, she could be of invaluable use to our missionZojja? I honestly gave up. They should have brought her back when we faced Kralkattorik. It's too late now. However, i still love her and if Taimi is with us, then having Zojja by her side as well could make for precious momentsE? Do they even remember him?

@Lametoile.7394 Your point about Livia is really interesting. I forgot she was brought back into the story, though I don’t think she’s a strong contender to show up. But she’s on the table if she’s in the game, and your concept makes total story sense. I wonder if Jennah might send Anise by that same measure though?

Unrelated, but I’ve always wanted ANet to do something with Sya. I’m a bit disillusioned by them leaving her chained to that rock in LA for the rest of the game lol. If she’s a Whispers agent they could totally make use of her as an operative in Cantha, though there’s no real argument in her favor over any other Whispers agent. Just my wishful desire.

@Fueki.4753 Marjory has appeared a few times since S3, sure, but she hasn’t had a major role either. She’s just been a background/side character for a long while now.

@"Svennis.3852" said:@Lametoile.7394 Your point about Livia is really interesting. I forgot she was brought back into the story, though I don’t think she’s a strong contender to show up. But she’s on the table if she’s in the game, and your concept makes total story sense. I wonder if Jennah might send Anise by that same measure though?

Unrelated, but I’ve always wanted ANet to do something with Sya. I’m a bit disillusioned by them leaving her chained to that rock in LA for the rest of the game lol. If she’s a Whispers agent they could totally make use of her as an operative in Cantha, though there’s no real argument in her favor over any other Whispers agent. Just my wishful desire.

@"Fueki.4753" Marjory has appeared a few times since S3, sure, but she hasn’t had a major role either. She’s just been a background/side character for a long while now.

Maybe Marjory is kurzik descendant and we will assist her(or other way arround ) trough the echovald forest there was a mission on south of it that only certain bloodlines could open some sorta giant door.if i recall was this mission : https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Eternal_Grove, can see her has some sorta main role in the plot using her sister sword to activate somethign as if was the key and gaining new powers, but IMO would be beter her stay as a Reaper, making "old" specs become the new one m8 create a sense for players that they should ditch the older elitespec, most probably add a new NPC that will show the new necrospam stuff :|

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Maybe Marjory is kurzik descendant and we will assist her(or other way arround ) trough the echovald forest there was a mission on south of it that only certain bloodlines could open some sorta giant door.if i recall was this mission : https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Eternal_Grove, can see her has some sorta main role in the plot using her sister sword to activate somethign as if was the key and gaining new powers, but IMO would be beter her stay as a Reaper, making "old" specs become the new one m8 create a sense for players that they should ditch the older elitespec, most probably add a new NPC that will show the new necrospam stuff :|

Yeah, someone pointed out early in the thread that Marjory is already the poster child for Reaper, which I'd forgotten about. SO, I doubt that will happen again with her, but I could see the spirits of Marjory's ancestors (including Belinda) playing a role in this expansion somehow (at least in context to any personal arc we may see Marjory go through).

@"Svennis.3852" said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Maybe Marjory is kurzik descendant and we will assist her(or other way arround ) trough the echovald forest there was a mission on south of it that only certain bloodlines could open some sorta giant door.if i recall was this mission :
, can see her has some sorta main role in the plot using her sister sword to activate somethign as if was the key and gaining new powers, but IMO would be beter her stay as a Reaper, making "old" specs become the new one m8 create a sense for players that they should ditch the older elitespec, most probably add a new NPC that will show the new necrospam stuff :|

Yeah, someone pointed out early in the thread that Marjory is already the poster child for Reaper, which I'd forgotten about. SO, I doubt that will happen again with her, but I could see the spirits of Marjory's ancestors (including Belinda) playing a role in this expansion somehow (at least in context to any personal arc we may see Marjory go through).

That would be great since player character is descendant or reencarnation of the gw1 adventurer, and in wuxia folklore the souls helping the descendent/reencarnation would be actually nice :) and comon setup to happen, Marjory learning about her famility culture would be dope since in wiki states that she holds her canthan family things wich i assume the sword is one of those artefacts.I imagine Cantha new expantion will be somethign like a wuxia/xianxia thing, figtignh against a evil that is corruption the martial world etc etc, i really want to see what this guys can reach xD.

My bet for main cast will be a entire new toon that hearded about he comander of the pact exploits and came to ask for help...The player toon entrance would be something like lord Faren shouting the exploits like the white dragon hair girl from war of thrones would fit a good meme.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...