The new fractal boss is a showcase for ranger upcoming spec. Change my mind

anduriell.6280

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Abyssisis.3971 said:I’m hoping we don’t get an offhand weapon, we have plenty of those. We lack main hand weapons, axe or sword, or dagger with soulbeast with none of them being any better than our 2 handed weapons... But knowing how Anet works, we will end up with a shield or something.Well we got a two hand weapon with the druid and a mainhand weapon with the Soulbeast. I'd say it's time to get an offhand weapon.

Well as i said, having an offhand weapon doesn't mean it needs to be dull or boring. It is enough so weapon skills depends of the Main Hand weapon you equip with the off hand sword. We could get 10 new weapon skills with the offhand sword and i think that's more than enough for any weapon to cover any bases.

I doubt anet would put that much effort in for rangers to give it 10 new weapon skills depending on the depending on the main hand weapon. We aren’t one of their precious meta classes.

Tho, I wouldn’t mind an offhand sword, if mainhand sword was reworked a little to give it more offensive pressure. At the moment is a weak hybrid weapon/mobility weapon, doesn’t really do anything well. It’s autoattacks need to apply bleeds/poison or generate might on every strike, AA2 needs to effect 3 targets and sword 2 needs the roll around target part removed and just evade on the spot giving more reliablity for the poison application.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:Aaand it looks so goood.

That sentence is why it doesn't showcase any futur e-spec.

I agree. Rangers aren't allowed to have nice things.

Either way, I'll be back in here if/when the new ranger e-spec comes in. If OP is right, I'll gladly praise his foresight and admit I was wrong to doubt. If he's wrong, I will very gladly tell him he was dumb for getting his hopes up. I am a jerk, but at least I try to be fair.

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

@Abyssisis.3971 said:I’m hoping we don’t get an offhand weapon, we have plenty of those. We lack main hand weapons, axe or sword, or dagger with soulbeast with none of them being any better than our 2 handed weapons... But knowing how Anet works, we will end up with a shield or something.Well we got a two hand weapon with the druid and a mainhand weapon with the Soulbeast. I'd say it's time to get an offhand weapon.

Well as i said, having an offhand weapon doesn't mean it needs to be dull or boring. It is enough so weapon skills depends of the Main Hand weapon you equip with the off hand sword. We could get 10 new weapon skills with the offhand sword and i think that's more than enough for any weapon to cover any bases.

I doubt anet would put that much effort in for rangers to give it 10 new weapon skills depending on the depending on the main hand weapon. We aren’t one of their precious meta classes.

Tho, I wouldn’t mind an offhand sword, if mainhand sword was reworked a little to give it more offensive pressure. At the moment is a weak hybrid weapon/mobility weapon, doesn’t really do anything well. It’s autoattacks need to apply bleeds/poison or generate might on every strike, AA2 needs to effect 3 targets and sword 2 needs the roll around target part removed and just evade on the spot giving more reliablity for the poison application.

I much prefer they just hand the hammer to ranger so our bunny thumper dream is complete.I do agree sword mh and dagger offhand need a rework.

@Aomine.5012 said:

I much prefer they just hand the hammer to ranger so our bunny thumper dream is complete.I do agree sword mh and dagger offhand need a rework.

I don’t mind offhand dagger, tho that stupid evade roll shit needs to go and just evade on the spot, maybe even reduce the evade time to 1 second and give it an ammo skill.

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

I don’t mind offhand dagger, tho that stupid evade roll kitten needs to go and just evade on the spot, maybe even reduce the evade time to 1 second and give it an ammo skill.Offhand #4 needs to apply a short daze, longer stun if it interrupts.Then #5 while keeping the charges a teleport to target if it hits.So #4 can be an actual defensive tool and #5 to keep up with a fleeing target. Result will be a decent weapon for roaming, pvp and even PvE.

Sword mainhand is ok. The skills are fine. The issue with the sword is in its trait being in the wrong traitline, its a power weapon yet anet devs decided to put it in a condition traitline with no synergy whatsoever.

Strider’s deffense should be in marksmanship to have some synergy with predator’s onslaught. And thus sword goes from something annoying to actually do damage.

Anet devs seem to love to destroy any synergy the class have, same case as empathic bond a clearly beastmastery trait in wilderness survival in direct opposition to the other only source of cleanses for the ranger.

But that a conversation for another thread, this one is about the new fractal boss being the future ranger spec! And it looks soooo gooooddd!!!

@anduriell.6280 said:

I don’t mind offhand dagger, tho that stupid evade roll kitten needs to go and just evade on the spot, maybe even reduce the evade time to 1 second and give it an ammo skill.Offhand #4 needs to apply a short daze, longer stun if it interrupts.Then #5 while keeping the charges a teleport to target if it hits.So #4 can be an actual defensive tool and #5 to keep up with a fleeing target. Result will be a decent weapon for roaming, pvp and even PvE.

Sword mainhand is ok. The skills are fine. The issue with the sword is in its trait being in the wrong traitline, its a power weapon yet anet devs decided to put it in a condition traitline with no synergy whatsoever.

Strider’s deffense should be in marksmanship to have some synergy with predator’s onslaught. And thus sword goes from something annoying to actually do damage.

Anet devs seem to love to destroy any synergy the class have, same case as empathic bond a clearly beastmastery trait in wilderness survival in direct opposition to the other only source of cleanses for the ranger.

But that a conversation for another thread, this one is about the new fractal boss being the future ranger spec! And it looks soooo gooooddd!!!

I don’t know if it’s a ranger espec in the video, but it certainly looks like it used a modified burning speed for dagger welding eles.

• 2 weeks later...

@"KeyOrion.9506" said:The Norn shapeshift to their animal totems, and that's more of Racial skills than an actual profession class skill.

What if the rangers next E-spec is "Havroun" and it allows you to use your pet as a totem? Give it Scepter/Focus or Hammer and let it go nuts; Id like to see the spirits of the wild and the Idea of becoming a big monster be pulled into the nature like theme of the ranger. Would be pretty sick I think~ (You can take the norn forms if they are a problem, ill take real werebeasts over fake and unwanted racial shenanigan's. At least then as a norn player I can uses it appropriately and have fun with it.) Plus anyone can be blessed by the spirits.... race doesn't matter.

• 3 weeks later...

"The new fractal boss is a showcase for ranger upcoming spec. Change my mind"

The Sorrowful Spellcaster is a powerful human elementalist serving as the last boss of the Sunqua Peak Fractal.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sorrowful_Spellcaster

=)

Skills

Aqua Jet - ...Call of Storms - Summons lightning to smite enemies.Call Meteor - Summons a meteor to strike the target location. Deals heavy damage that decreases with distance from the impact point.Elemental Surge - Charges the target location, damaging enemies along the path.Elemental SweepElemental Whirl - Weaves dangerous elemental energies to heavily damage nearby foes.Elemental Manipulation - Weaves dangerous elemental energies to heavily damage nearby foes.Firestorm - Unleashes a powerful blast of flame, incinerating anything in the line of sight.Flame Surge - A blast of flame scorches the area, damaging surrounding enemies.Fulgor Sphere - An orb of electrical energy damages anything in its path.Lightning Strikes - No skill description found.Roiling Flames - A bolt of flame born from rage damages anything in its path.Torrential Bolt - A bolt of aquatic energy damages anything in its path.Volatile Fire - Volatile elements envelope the area, damaging anyone caught inside.Volatile Water - Volatile elements envelope the area, damaging anyone caught inside.Volatile WindVoltaic ExpulsionWind Burst

Doesnt sound very Rangery to me

• 2 months later...