Replace World vs. World with Guild vs. Guild

Coeruleum.9164

@Svarty.8019 said:

@kash.9213 said:If you can talk Anet into making an open world pvp mega server mirror then I'd be okay with that. Otherwise, you'd get a hyped up and active gvg scene for a month or two and likely end up with a dead old and new version of WvW.

If WvW dies that'd be great. WvW is stuck in perpetual limbo because there aren't enough people who are really into it but it's the best mass player fight the game has so they can't shut it down. If WvW got replaced with something people actually liked maybe we could have new maps, new mounts (like a horse-type mount) and more.

Yep. Well, a lot of people play it because it's NOT GvG.

I'd bet that should GvG replace WvW as proposed by the OP, it'd last less than a year and then be empty again.

yep its like asking for fractals/raids to replace open world pve.

I never played gvg/ha in gw1 but I sure did love FA/JQ.Played some spvp (rank 60) but played a lot of wvw.

Many people just like to hotjoin a big open world map and go crazy and have fun.

@Coeruleum.9164 said:

@enkidu.5937 said:I recently watched a football match, I dont like football, so I asked if they could switch the game mode to synchronous dancing, because I like synchronous dancing more. They refused, life's so unfair.

I recently watched a football match, but there were no teams, it was just whoever lived in the area playing against whoever else lived in a different area. I'm on a football team, but a lot of us don't live in the same area. The game ended up being a bunch of people who weren't on any team playing against each other, or people who were on teams that rarely even met each other in person to play football and just existed to talk about football on Skype. Even who the quarterback for each side was kept changing partway through a play. What's up with that?Ofc its hard to find ppl when you only want to play with ppl from your guild. So you might understand that WvW is designed as a big scale game mode, and if you decide to solely play with ppl from your guild you can still transfer onto the same server.

No need to screw up the whole game mode imo just because of some guild ppl that refuse to play with random ppl and refuse to transfer.

@Coeruleum.9164 said:The whole server vs. server thing is a terrible idea imo. Often people in the same guild aren't in the same server, so it makes guilds meeting in WvW impossible. It also causes people to pay money to transfer servers so that they'll get more items in-game. On the other hand, if guilds agreed to fight, both of these problems would be gone. The biggest WvW-like fights would probably be alliances of guilds, but I think that'd work a lot better than the current WvW setup. Thank you for your consideration!

The Alliance system that was proposed will meet your needs. WvW is also about 24-7 action, as we saw in New World having a schedule for a fight just means less fights over all. We just don't know the when, so hang in a bit longer and you will get where you are looking for.

@Justine.6351 said:

@kash.9213 said:If you can talk Anet into making an open world pvp mega server mirror then I'd be okay with that. Otherwise, you'd get a hyped up and active gvg scene for a month or two and likely end up with a dead old and new version of WvW.

If WvW dies that'd be great. WvW is stuck in perpetual limbo because there aren't enough people who are really into it but it's the best mass player fight the game has so they can't shut it down. If WvW got replaced with something people actually liked maybe we could have new maps, new mounts (like a horse-type mount) and more.

I'd bet that should GvG replace WvW as proposed by the OP, it'd last less than a year and then be empty again.

I never played gvg/ha in gw1 but I sure did love FA/JQ.Played some spvp (rank 60) but played a lot of wvw.

Many people just like to hotjoin a big open world map and go crazy and have fun.

I want it to be an open map, but I want all people from the same guild to be able to enter the same map. I just want single guilds/groups of guilds to be the basis for assigning the maps instead of servers.

@Justine.6351 said:

I want it to be an open map, but I want all people from the same guild to be able to enter the same map. I just want single guilds/groups of guilds to be the basis for assigning the maps instead of servers.> @enkidu.5937 said:

@enkidu.5937 said:I recently watched a football match, I dont like football, so I asked if they could switch the game mode to synchronous dancing, because I like synchronous dancing more. They refused, life's so unfair.

I recently watched a football match, but there were no teams, it was just whoever lived in the area playing against whoever else lived in a different area. I'm on a football team, but a lot of us don't live in the same area. The game ended up being a bunch of people who weren't on any team playing against each other, or people who were on teams that rarely even met each other in person to play football and just existed to talk about football on Skype. Even who the quarterback for each side was kept changing partway through a play. What's up with that?Ofc its hard to find ppl when you only want to play with ppl from your guild. So you might understand that WvW is designed as a big scale game mode, and if you decide to solely play with ppl from your guild you can still transfer onto the same server.

No need to screw up the whole game mode imo just because of some guild ppl that refuse to play with random ppl and refuse to transfer.

In one of my guilds, there are significant numbers of people who WvW in two different servers. No matter which server I transfer to I'm going to be missing at least half of my guild. The only way to be able to WvW with most of your guild in this game is to join a guild that leaves and breathes WvW or to join a guild with barely any people. Granted, I like playing WvW, but I don't like it so much I want to spend thousands of hours on the exact same small-feeling map riding the exact same wingless metal LEGO griffon. WvW just feels really underdeveloped as a game mode even though the idea seems awesome. Making it catch up to PvE and PvP where you don't have to be a specific server to play with your friends seems like part of developing it more. Even if every guild just picked a server and you could play in any of the servers one of your guilds was in I think that'd be enough to make it so you can play with all of your friends without people transferring arbitrarily.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Coeruleum.9164 said:The whole server vs. server thing is a terrible idea imo. Often people in the same guild aren't in the same server, so it makes guilds meeting in WvW impossible. It also causes people to pay money to transfer servers so that they'll get more items in-game. On the other hand, if guilds agreed to fight, both of these problems would be gone. The biggest WvW-like fights would probably be alliances of guilds, but I think that'd work a lot better than the current WvW setup. Thank you for your consideration!

The Alliance system that was proposed will meet your needs. WvW is also about 24-7 action, as we saw in New World having a schedule for a fight just means less fights over all. We just don't know the when, so hang in a bit longer and you will get where you are looking for.

You wouldn't have to have a schedule for a fight. You would just have one or more guilds that declares war on one or more other guilds and then the WvW battlegrounds would be available (though one of my other complaints with WvW is there's not enough battlegrounds) and you could fight whenever you wanted. If you have a guild of 10 people and you want bigger fights you can just ally with a big guild or a lot of other smaller guilds. However, Alliances, more maps, and all PvE features being usable would probably solve all my WvW complaints.

@Coeruleum.9164 said:

I want it to be an open map, but I want all people from the same guild to be able to enter the same map. I just want single guilds/groups of guilds to be the basis for assigning the maps instead of servers.

I want it to be an open map, but I want all people from the same guild to be able to enter the same map. I just want single guilds/groups of guilds to be the basis for assigning the maps instead of servers.> @enkidu.5937 said:

In one of my guilds, there are significant numbers of people who WvW in two different servers. No matter which server I transfer to I'm going to be missing at least half of my guild. The only way to be able to WvW with most of your guild in this game is to join a guild that leaves and breathes WvW or to join a guild with barely any people. Granted, I like playing WvW, but I don't like it so much I want to spend thousands of hours on the exact same small-feeling map riding the exact same wingless metal LEGO griffon. WvW just feels really underdeveloped as a game mode even though the idea seems awesome. Making it catch up to PvE and PvP where you don't have to be a specific server to play with your friends seems like part of developing it more. Even if every guild just picked a server and you could play in any of the servers one of your guilds was in I think that'd be enough to make it so you can play with all of your friends without people transferring arbitrarily.

You wouldn't have to have a schedule for a fight. You would just have one or more guilds that declares war on one or more other guilds and then the WvW battlegrounds would be available (though one of my other complaints with WvW is there's not enough battlegrounds) and you could fight whenever you wanted. If you have a guild of 10 people and you want bigger fights you can just ally with a big guild or a lot of other smaller guilds. However, Alliances, more maps, and all PvE features being usable would probably solve all my WvW complaints.

Yes I had the scenario where the guild I was in split in two. Why? Well some of them played days as well and played with a different guild to do that. Well that guild wanted to switch servers because a bunch of people decided to stack on our server and they were fighting ques.

People just need to stop server hopping and stacking. Everyone knows this. This is strictly a people problem, not an anet problem. At this point it's too late anyhow and anet knows that too I'm sure. It's why alliances is likely in the scrap bin, at least for current wvw.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually WvWvW was a wonderful idea. However it's reached the point now that only Guilds have or give an active challenge on the battlefield. However...these same guilds now no longer care about war score, PPT, or Capture the Flag mechanics of WvW. Time to let WvW die and move on to GvG. I'm going to have to agree with the poster way above. WvW has served it's purpose but that purpose has been twisted into nothing more than GvG. I will be sad to see it go, but it's reached the point where WvW is seriously no longer any fun or enjoyable for me in any sense of the word. I'd rather see WvW die right now than continue on with this charade.

@"KeyOrion.9506" said:Actually WvWvW was a wonderful idea. However it's reached the point now that only Guilds have or give an active challenge on the battlefield. However...these same guilds now no longer care about war score, PPT, or Capture the Flag mechanics of WvW. Time to let WvW die and move on to GvG. I'm going to have to agree with the poster way above. WvW has served it's purpose but that purpose has been twisted into nothing more than GvG. I will be sad to see it go, but it's reached the point where WvW is seriously no longer any fun or enjoyable for me in any sense of the word. I'd rather see WvW die right now than continue on with this charade.Neil deGrasse Tyson posted a very good thing on Twitter today that's more relevant to everything than anything:

"How strongly you feel about an issue is not itself a measure of the strength of your argument."

WvW is the best thing this game has period.You can do gvg has much you want, even in edge of the mist you can do gvgs there we do it all the time so we duel other servers.

What they need to do is make new content for wvw, that is not mounts and stupid siege disablers, make the game more fun, but they cant((its more important to do a fractal that its done in less then an hour lol), but i assure you if WvW leaves this game, this game loses A LOT of ppl, me included, PVE is boring and fast to do no challenge what so ever, theres no gear progression, you make a legendary and poof you goo to go forever whit any build, this game simply cant survive just on PVE.

And lets not talk about PVE RAIDS!, in a few hours you do all the paths easy mode LOL

No. Replacing it ... would be a bad idea. Means players not in a big guild would have less game modes to play. GvG needs to be additional. Or the WvW with added additional stuff for guilds. (Where still players not participating in a guild could join and where it still was WvW.)

I mean ... guilds allowed to claim objectives ... is a good thing. But they could add more.

Or a system with server > alliance > guild > player. Where players would still belong to a server. Alliances as well. But the bigger organizations get more power or stuff on how they could organize themselves. Voting for some server leaders that could control bigger things (NPC and stuff) while alliances could do so for keeps and stuff ... and small guilds on a smaller level. With normal player without a guild just building sieges and fighting.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"KeyOrion.9506" said:Actually WvWvW was a wonderful idea. However it's reached the point now that only Guilds have or give an active challenge on the battlefield. However...these same guilds now no longer care about war score, PPT, or Capture the Flag mechanics of WvW. Time to let WvW die and move on to GvG. I'm going to have to agree with the poster way above. WvW has served it's purpose but that purpose has been twisted into nothing more than GvG. I will be sad to see it go, but it's reached the point where WvW is seriously no longer any fun or enjoyable for me in any sense of the word. I'd rather see WvW die right now than continue on with this charade.Neil deGrasse Tyson posted a very good thing on Twitter today that's more relevant to everything than anything:

"How strongly you feel about an issue is not itself a measure of the strength of your argument."

And he was paraphrasing an even older quote which has been around my entire life. I don't have to have an arguement for a belief. And then listening in and reading on both player and commander comments in both Forums, Discord, and that Chat within game....it's pretty much factual. I don't need to make an arguement, if my personal belief says what I see is what I get.