A crazy conspiracy theory about the next Warrior elite spec weapon

Girth.9731

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Dante.1508 said:It'll prolly be scepter or staff you know the least expected thing. Warrior needs a good ranged option at the moment they are useless to play.. You just die over and over.

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:There is a pistol theory going around too because of a line from the trailer or something talking about samurais fearing infantry.

Personally I want fists, Spear, or the samurai spec, but not a pistol. If we get pistol its just gonna be pistol + shield ,with a bad auto attack , probably 900 range , number 2 skill will cripple, and 3 will be an ammo skill that applies invuln or something else not new.

And then there won't be a burst skill because this time we're going for 0 bars of adrenaline because they all have to be different and 4 is broken.

Oh and to top it off, the weapon will be condi.

Actually early infantry were spear walls..

So... SPEARS! Great.

Spears would be a better option, but saying that warriors did fight with pistols as well.

@Dante.1508 said:

@Dante.1508 said:It'll prolly be scepter or staff you know the least expected thing. Warrior needs a good ranged option at the moment they are useless to play.. You just die over and over.

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:There is a pistol theory going around too because of a line from the trailer or something talking about samurais fearing infantry.

Personally I want fists, Spear, or the samurai spec, but not a pistol. If we get pistol its just gonna be pistol + shield ,with a bad auto attack , probably 900 range , number 2 skill will cripple, and 3 will be an ammo skill that applies invuln or something else not new.

And then there won't be a burst skill because this time we're going for 0 bars of adrenaline because they all have to be different and 4 is broken.

Oh and to top it off, the weapon will be condi.

Actually early infantry were spear walls..

So... SPEARS! Great.

Spears would be a better option, but saying that warriors did fight with pistols as well.

Oh I know. I'm happy either way. I'd even be happy with shortbow to be honest. Just no staff, or scepter, or focus please.

@Girth.9731 said:Spear.

Now, before you freak out, let me explain my ridiculous theory.

Many of you new to the Guild Wars franchise may not realize this but Guild Wars 1 (yes, I still play it from time to time) just celebrated its 15 year anniversary. As part of this celebration, a bunch of new content was added to the game; part of which were the Anniversary Weapons. These new weapons were unique to Guild Wars in that it allowed professions who didn't previously have the appropriate weapon attributes to allow the weapon to be effectively wielded, to wield the weapon using their own profession's attributes (sound familiar?). So now you are asking yourself, why does this matter? Well, I believe Anet may have used this update to tease future elite spec weapons in Guild Wars 2. Why do I think this?

They added a Hammer that scales off Holy Damage which is specific to the Monk (equivalent of the Guardian).

They added an Axe that scales off Energy Storage which is specific to the Elementalist.

They added Daggers that scale off Leadership which is specific to the Paragon (equivalent to the Spellbreaker).

They added a Shield that scales off Fast Casting which is specific to the Mesmer.

Coincidence? Probably. But maybe, just maybe...

They added a Spear that scales off Strength which is specific to the Warrior.

we will be getting the Spear next expansion...

P.S. Please don't take this post too seriously

Make warriors like paragons... I LOVE it

Warriors currently limiting factor in a lot of game modes is a complete lack of a viable ranged option.

We have more then enough melee weapons as a warrior. While many could use some updates melee was never the warriors issue.

A viable ranged option with more useful utilities would solve a good portion of the current warriors issues.

Something I noticed with heart of thorns is they took skills and weapons from NPCs around the world (not in all cases but some) and used those for the elite specs. A similar thing was done with path of fire. If they released spear as a new weapon, it would be one handed, not two, and I believe guardian would get that weapon. Not warrior. There's a tonic for a free monk that aids you in combat for 5 minutes which is what I think they'll use as a basis for it.

• 3 weeks later...

@Azreell.1568 said:Warriors currently limiting factor in a lot of game modes is a complete lack of a viable ranged option.

We have more then enough melee weapons as a warrior. While many could use some updates melee was never the warriors issue.

A viable ranged option with more useful utilities would solve a good portion of the current warriors issues.

If they finally add spears as a land weapon and make it RANGED... I think I may well delete my warrior in sheer frustration.

They can add pistols if they want a ranged option. Make spear a one handed support weapon for all I care, just don't make it some awkward ranged weapon.

@Arewn.2368 said:

@"Azreell.1568" said:Warriors currently limiting factor in a lot of game modes is a complete lack of a viable ranged option.

If they finally add spears as a land weapon and make it RANGED... I think I may well delete my warrior in sheer frustration.

They can add pistols if they want a ranged option. Make spear a one handed support weapon for all I care, just don't make it some awkward ranged weapon.

Um... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Loyalist_Paragon I hate to break it to you, but as much as I want a 2H Land Spear personally, the odds are higher that it would be a 1h Ranged weapon.

@"Girth.9731" said:Spear.

Now, before you freak out, let me explain my ridiculous theory.

Many of you new to the Guild Wars franchise may not realize this but Guild Wars 1 (yes, I still play it from time to time) just celebrated its 15 year anniversary. As part of this celebration, a bunch of new content was added to the game; part of which were the Anniversary Weapons. These new weapons were unique to Guild Wars in that it allowed professions who didn't previously have the appropriate weapon attributes to allow the weapon to be effectively wielded, to wield the weapon using their own profession's attributes (sound familiar?). So now you are asking yourself, why does this matter? Well, I believe Anet may have used this update to tease future elite spec weapons in Guild Wars 2. Why do I think this?

They added a Hammer that scales off Holy Damage which is specific to the Monk (equivalent of the Guardian).

They added an Axe that scales off Energy Storage which is specific to the Elementalist.

They added Daggers that scale off Leadership which is specific to the Paragon (equivalent to the Spellbreaker).

They added a Shield that scales off Fast Casting which is specific to the Mesmer.

Coincidence? Probably. But maybe, just maybe...

They added a Spear that scales off Strength which is specific to the Warrior.

we will be getting the Spear next expansion...

P.S. Please don't take this post too seriously

https://gyazo.com/43236046a6b385b2abcf53bf08e73c47https://gyazo.com/9dd6be06a7d926fbf62bb7f3d22112a4https://gyazo.com/f2874b42eeb7fdfb49bdf6716b22452bhttps://gyazo.com/8e4eb754488705dd3be18b5543439ab4https://gyazo.com/dfa1bd0665414d94b33aac7367f4a9fa

These are STILL In the wardrobe right now, and can be viewed by anyone. They share animations show-cased by That_Shaman and Woodenpotatoes of the scrapped spear feature, as Polearms were at one point almost a weapon. These are in-game and are not labeled as a staff, the chaos staff skin is clearly repurposed and it has a unique idle holding animation as you can see from this picture. So you might not be that far off~ (They are under two handed weapons in your wardrobe within the bank tab, checked last night and they are still there.)

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"Azreell.1568" said:Warriors currently limiting factor in a lot of game modes is a complete lack of a viable ranged option.

Um...
I hate to break it to you, but as much as I want a 2H Land Spear personally, the odds are higher that it would be a 1h Ranged weapon.

I am regrettably aware of the travesty that is "classes that throw their whole weapon as an auto attack".Hopefully they don't go that way with Warrior. Paragon is more of a Guardian flavor anyways.

@Arewn.2368 said:

Um...
I hate to break it to you, but as much as I want a 2H Land Spear personally, the odds are higher that it would be a 1h Ranged weapon.

I am regrettably aware of the travesty that is "classes that throw their whole weapon as an auto attack".Hopefully they don't go that way with Warrior. Paragon is more of a Guardian flavor anyways.

Well Guardian merged Monk and Paragon together into one class.