The next Khan-Ur of the Charr (SPOILERS)

Scraggy.3814

I'm almost 100% certain that by the end of IBS there will be a new Khan-Ur, changing Charr society for the better. I've seen other people theorize that It'll be Crecia or Rytlock, which I admit both are likely candidates to be the next Khan, but I don't think that'll be the case. Personally I both think and hope that it's going to be Effram Greetsglory, I think he's perfect for the role, he was introduced in Bound by Blood, and believes that the legions should work together instead of fight, he's extremely kind to others but also gets serious when necessary to defend his fellow Charr. With Smodur's death, Effram was given control over the Iron Legion, which means that currently, Effram is the leader of half the legions of the Charr, I think it's only a matter of time before he becomes leader of all four. Plus, on another note, our main enemy this season is Jormag, a being of ice, and who is Effram Greetsglory? A powerful leader of fire, I believe Effram will play an extremely crucial part in taking down Jormag and then will rise to the position of Khan-Ur at the end of the saga.

My understanding is that Effram isn't even officially Imperator of the Flame Legion. He will "lead" Iron right until someone shows up to replace Smodur ( what a waste) and not a second longer. Personally, I don't even think the Khan-Ur position will be filled by the end of the saga.

The questions we should ask ourselves is who will lead Blood and who will lead Iron by the end of IBS. Will Crecia end up with the mantle of Blood Legion Imperator by default? (She's flame by origin) and "Tribune" Brimstone hasn't been with his legion in years. Will end up with the job ...by virtue of being the only Blood Tribune we actually know? Not to mention that neither of them are of the Blood Imperator line ( if that still means something).

Iron is a toss up. A good bet is to go with whoever the gang name dropped after Smodur's unceremonious exit. Mia Kindleshot I think ? Fume Brighteye would make an interesting choice by virtue of being more hot blooded. (I don't think we've ever seen her in game though). Then there is Bhuer Goreblade, head of the Adamant Guard. The Charr player interacts with him some during the personal story. The fact that he's male would make it a 2/2 split among Imperators of the Legions assuming Crecia and Effram both get confirmed to their new jobs. That would have symbolic value in any future Charr council ... which I think is where Charr society is headed ultimately.

@"Scraggy.3814" said:With Smodur's death, Effram was given control over the Iron Legion, which means that currently, Effram is the leader of half the legions of the Charr,This is incorrect. Efram was given command of Iron Legion troops for the assault on the Frost Citadel and nothing else. He does not control the Iron Legion, not even within the whole Drizzlewood theater of war. He only commanded the Iron troops assaulting Frost Citadel.

Efram is also very unlikely to be Khan-Ur due to the fact that he is Flame Legion. Most charr do not trust Flame yet - even most of Flame do not trust non-Flame. Efram's goal is peace, not leadership. He only became Imperator of Flame Legion because he was the highest ranking charr who wanted peace and fell into the position. Even then, during Bound by Blood, he wasn't technically the Flame Imperator, just the temporary defacto leader of the Flame vying for peace. There are Flame out there who do not follow Efram (and I don't mean those who joined the Dominion either).

It simply wouldn't be realistic for someone who wasn't even an imperator by the beginning of the story to become Khan-Ur of all charr.

Besides this, Malice has a much higher degree of credibility than Efram.

Most likely, though, there won't be a new Khan-Ur. Firstly, because charr society has existed for over a thousand years without one, despite various attempts to "crown" a new Khan-Ur. Secondly, and more importantly, is that the charr side of the Icebrood Saga has a running theme of traditionalists versus progressives. Those who value old charr ideals and charr superiority, and those who value new charr ideals and peace. This divided into Dominion versus United Legions and despite some Dominion calling the United Legions "old charr", the Dominion were stuck with values of the past and were far more caught up with concepts as old as the Khan-Ur as Smodur was.

The rest of the United Legions aren't caught up in those ideals, and that includes both warring with humans and having a Khan-Ur.

I think the ending of the charr will be:

• Rytlock becomes new Blood Imperator
  • Mia Kindleshot becomes new Iron Imperator
  • Efram declared official Flame Imperator
  • Malice is the only proper candidate but denies Khan-Ur position

Now, there was a comment that after Episode 4, there will be updates that are more closely tied to Season 1's system, and this included as an example the vote between Kiel and Gnashblade. Suggesting that the community might be voting for some charr official. I imagine this will be either a) Blood Imperator and/or b) Iron Imperator. Maybe it will include Khan-Ur, but I think they'll keep the charr without a Khan-Ur.

If so, then the outcome will be determined more by players than the writers.

I’m not convinced Rytlock will survive the Saga, but if he does... I find it hard to believe he’d want a political position, after how long he’s seemed to dodge his own legion. The only way I could see him having a change of heart is for Ryland to perish by the end, the guilt of which drives him to become a leader to make sure this kind of thing never happens again. Whether that’s as Khan-Ur or Blood Imperator, I’m not sure.

Honestly though, Crecia seems to be the character they are showing at length to be an intelligent and level headed political player. She seems like the ideal candidate to lead the United Legions in so far as we’ve seen. Seems to have less of an agenda thus far too.

Effram is an interesting choice though. I think his qualities would make him a great leader, but I don’t think the Charr at large trust Flame enough for that. I do believe they’ll canonize him as an Imperator though, as others have mentioned.

Personally, I see Rytlock dying to save Ryland, or Ryland dying as (ultimately) character development for Rytlock. Crecia will gain a position of power one way or another. Mia Kindleshot was name dropped as Smodur’s second, so I believe she’ll succeed him. But if there’s a vote this might all be moot. Would be a fun change of pace.

Either way, big reforms seem guaranteed for the Charr following IBS.

@"Svennis.3852" said:Honestly though, Crecia seems to be the character they are showing at length to be an intelligent and level headed political player. She seems like the ideal candidate to lead the United Legions in so far as we’ve seen. Seems to have less of an agenda thus far too.She can't become Blood Imperator, because she's born Flame. Imperators (and by extension, Khan-Ur candidates) have to be descended from the original Khan-Ur's four children. It's the one position in charr hierarchy that is a dynasty and not based on merit or kill count. While there's no confirmation of Rytlock being of the bloodline, his interactions with Bangar have led some (myself included) to think that Rytlock may be Bangar's son.

Crecia's ties to Flame and closeness to Ryland and Bangar would probably put a lot of doubt into her among the non-Blood soldiers, harming her chances at Khan-Ur position. It would be a curious plot twist to make Crecia descended from the first Flame imperator (her father is denoted as being high ranking shaman), which would make her a viable candidate for Khan-Ur if enough charr support her (technically Flame Imperator too, but she's been distanced from that legion for too long).

This is, of course, assuming that ANet holds to that piece of lore from The Ecology of the Charr. Post-HoT writing does have a tendency to ignore pre-Season 3 lore here and there.

Yeah, I suppose I don’t know enough about the lore, but from a storytelling standpoint she just seems like the best presented option and something I could see the narrative around her building to. I think as you mention though, the traditionalist vs progressive conflict that seems to be on-going might result in an entirely new status quo.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Svennis.3852" said:Honestly though, Crecia seems to be the character they are showing at length to be an intelligent and level headed political player. She seems like the ideal candidate to lead the United Legions in so far as we’ve seen. Seems to have less of an agenda thus far too.She can't become Blood Imperator, because she's born Flame. Imperators (and by extension, Khan-Ur candidates) have to be descended from the original Khan-Ur's four children. It's the
one
position in charr hierarchy that is a dynasty and not based on merit or kill count. While there's no confirmation of Rytlock being of the bloodline, his interactions with Bangar have led some (myself included) to think that Rytlock may be Bangar's son.

Crecia's ties to Flame and closeness to Ryland and Bangar would probably put a lot of doubt into her among the non-Blood soldiers, harming her chances at Khan-Ur position. It would be a curious plot twist to make Crecia descended from the first Flame imperator (her father
is
denoted as being high ranking shaman), which would make her a viable candidate for Khan-Ur if enough charr support her (technically Flame Imperator too, but she's been distanced from that legion for too long).

This is, of course, assuming that ANet holds to that piece of lore from The Ecology of the Charr. Post-HoT writing does have a tendency to ignore pre-Season 3 lore here and there.

The ambient dialogue among Grothmar, show that the majority of the legions respect Crecia, she could be a possible candidate for Khan-Ur.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@"Svennis.3852" said:Honestly though, Crecia seems to be the character they are showing at length to be an intelligent and level headed political player. She seems like the ideal candidate to lead the United Legions in so far as we’ve seen. Seems to have less of an agenda thus far too.She can't become Blood Imperator, because she's born Flame. Imperators (and by extension, Khan-Ur candidates) have to be descended from the original Khan-Ur's four children. It's the
one
position in charr hierarchy that is a dynasty and not based on merit or kill count. While there's no confirmation of Rytlock being of the bloodline, his interactions with Bangar have led some (myself included) to think that Rytlock may be Bangar's son.

Crecia's ties to Flame and closeness to Ryland and Bangar would probably put a lot of doubt into her among the non-Blood soldiers, harming her chances at Khan-Ur position. It would be a curious plot twist to make Crecia descended from the first Flame imperator (her father
is
denoted as being high ranking shaman), which would make her a viable candidate for Khan-Ur if enough charr support her (technically Flame Imperator too, but she's been distanced from that legion for too long).

The ambient dialogue among Grothmar, show that the majority of the legions respect Crecia, she could be a possible candidate for Khan-Ur.

Did a quick search on wiki. Other than Blood, the only ambient dialogue I saw about Crecia was from an Ash complimenting her spy work, which isn't the same as complimenting her leadership.

one

is

Did a quick search on wiki. Other than Blood, the only ambient dialogue I saw about Crecia was from an Ash complimenting her spy work, which isn't the same as complimenting her leadership.

They do compliment her leadership of the United Legions in Drizzlewood though.

Excuse me, Rytlock as candidate? not by a long shot, he has done anything in favor to the Charr, in any case, he's a rogue charr that went AWOL just to go adventure with a group of other races.I really doubt Crecia would be a khan-ur candidate, if nythign she might become the next blood legion imperator but that's something I really doubt it will happen. Remember than a Kahn.Ur status is won through dedicationa nd trust over the years by all four legions. If anything, Smodur was the only and best candidate to become next Khan-Ur in this generation.

I really doubt we will get a Khan-Ur in GW2, everyone knows what will happen afterwards if there isn't a resolution to all races conflicts before we get a Khan-Ur and that's something the plot can't afford to have from the player's POV.

@"Scraggy.3814" said:I think the ending of the charr will be:

Rytlock doesn't have much of a possitive status withing Blood Legion, he basically ditched the legions for a while to do whatever unrelated to the charr he wanted and he gained some bad reputation out of that, on top of having Bangar probably bad mouthing him for "not being a good tribune like his cub is", he might be Anet's mascot but he's if anythign, the worst candidate to command anything Charr related.

Mia might be a good bet to become Iron legion imperator. But there is also Bhuer Goreblade who is the head of the Adamant Guards on Black Citadel and has had plenty of screen on the Charr Personal Story. My thoughts is that we won't have an iron legion imperator, we should just wait to see how the story develops, or until Anet decides out of thin air "X is new iron imperator".

Its a given Efram will be next Flame Imperator, i'm surprised he isn't already (unless Anet kills him as another excuse plot).

Malice might have good intentions, but right now she's nowhere near to be a candidate; its known Ash legion is so frowned upon for being super secretive even with fellow legions (a good strategy, but that only rises suspiction and untrust) and she's still young even to be an Imperator. Khan-Ur is something that you win with effort and hard work through many, many years. Smodur was old and who knows how much time he has been working on getting the Khan-Ur title, but he was still decades far from getting the title. Malice isn't specifically doing anything for that, "denying the khan-ur position" is an overstatement as she isn't even close to it.

AN on topic, remember that Khan-Ur is a serious title, its not something that someone could get just for the sake of it. We haven't had a Khan-Ur in mileniums, we won't get one now, it takes way more than everyone thinks.

@Wolfb.7025 said:

@"Scraggy.3814" said:I think the ending of the charr will be:

Rytlock doesn't have much of a possitive status withing Blood Legion, he basically ditched the legions for a while to do whatever unrelated to the charr he wanted and he gained some bad reputation out of that, on top of having Bangar probably bad mouthing him for "not being a good tribune like his cub is", he might be Anet's mascot but he's if anythign, the worst candidate to command anything Charr related.

Mia might be a good bet to become Iron legion imperator. But there is also Bhuer Goreblade who is the head of the Adamant Guards on Black Citadel and has had plenty of screen on the Charr Personal Story. My thoughts is that we won't have an iron legion imperator, we should just wait to see how the story develops, or until Anet decides out of thin air "X is new iron imperator".

Its a given Efram will be next Flame Imperator, i'm surprised he isn't already (unless Anet kills him as another excuse plot).

Malice might have good intentions, but right now she's nowhere near to be a candidate; its known Ash legion is so frowned upon for being super secretive even with fellow legions (a good strategy, but that only rises suspiction and untrust) and she's still young even to be an Imperator. Khan-Ur is something that you win with effort and hard work through many, many years. Smodur was old and who knows how much time he has been working on getting the Khan-Ur title, but he was still decades far from getting the title. Malice isn't specifically doing anything for that, "denying the khan-ur position" is an overstatement as she isn't even close to it.

AN on topic, remember that Khan-Ur is a serious title, its not something that someone could get just for the sake of it. We haven't had a Khan-Ur in mileniums, we won't get one now, it takes way more than everyone thinks.

Crecia makes a bunch of statements at the end of the episode that the Charr were nearly destroyed and that stronger leadership is needed. The ambient dialogue from other Chart in Drizzlewood advise of Crecia leading the United Legions. If there is a candidate for Khan Ur she would be it, especially if they are claiming that the Charr almost became extinct and need a new leader to rally them.

@Scraggy.3814 said:I'm almost 100% certain that by the end of IBS there will be a new Khan-Ur, changing Charr society for the better. I've seen other people theorize that It'll be Crecia or Rytlock, which I admit both are likely candidates to be the next Khan, but I don't think that'll be the case. Personally I both think and hope that it's going to be Effram Greetsglory, I think he's perfect for the role, he was introduced in Bound by Blood, and believes that the legions should work together instead of fight, he's extremely kind to others but also gets serious when necessary to defend his fellow Charr. With Smodur's death, Effram was given control over the Iron Legion, which means that currently, Effram is the leader of half the legions of the Charr, I think it's only a matter of time before he becomes leader of all four. Plus, on another note, our main enemy this season is Jormag, a being of ice, and who is Effram Greetsglory? A powerful leader of fire, I believe Effram will play an extremely crucial part in taking down Jormag and then will rise to the position of Khan-Ur at the end of the saga.

Nah, it's gonna be Taimi as honorary Khan-Ur. Mark my words!

@Wolfb.7025 said:If anything, Smodur was the only and best candidate to become next Khan-Ur in this generation.Smodur and Bangar were both considered viable candidates until Bangar's relations with the Renegades and going to serve Jormag got revealed.

@Wolfb.7025 said:Rytlock doesn't have much of a possitive status withing Blood Legion, he basically ditched the legions for a while to do whatever unrelated to the charr he wanted and he gained some bad reputation out of that, on top of having Bangar probably bad mouthing him for "not being a good tribune like his cub is", he might be Anet's mascot but he's if anythign, the worst candidate to command anything Charr related.Disagreed. Rytlock is considered famous among the Blood Legion - and other legions at that. While there are lines in Grothmar that are criticizing him, overall view by the charr throughout the game is very, very positive. And

In addition, during Bound by Blood, Bangar pressures Rytlock into taking the seat of imperator. Which indicates that Rytlock can within the rules of the Blood Legion. He didn't because he didn't want to play into Bangar's hands (and Crecia would disapprove), but given that Rytlock has taken the title of tribune, he isn't above office work, even if he enjoys field work more.

He's basically the Jon Snow of the charr. He is very much a viable candidate, and some people will no doubt be wanting him to take the Imperator title, but he just doesn't want it. Hopefully he won't be kneeling to a queen that goes homicidal too. ;)

And the fact that he took the position of Tribune for 7 years (until the events of Season 2 where he jumps into the Mists) and held onto the rank even after going "AWOL", indicates that he is both fully capable of an office job, and has enough respect to maintain his position even if he breaks some social norms.

Mia might be a good bet to become Iron legion imperator. But there is also Bhuer Goreblade who is the head of the Adamant Guards on Black Citadel and has had plenty of screen on the Charr Personal Story. My thoughts is that we won't have an iron legion imperator, we should just wait to see how the story develops, or until Anet decides out of thin air "X is new iron imperator".Assuming that ANet holds onto the bloodline bit, then Bhuer is not a viable candidate for Iron Imperator. He is descended from a low warrior and became a Tribune through merit. Mia's history isn't established, and she is called Smodur's second by Malice, making her a viable candidate.

If ANet holds onto the bloodline requirement from 2007 lore, then the next Imperator for both Blood and Iron will come out of either Smodur/Bangar's children or their warband (the Primus Warbands are the only bloodline-based warbands in the four High Legions).

"The primus warband of any legion carries the name of that legion—Ash, Blood, Iron and in the case of the Gold Legion, Flame. This singular legion is hereditary, but the leader must claim the name through blood challenge—a fight between descendants of the Khan-Ur for supremacy within the legion.""Occasionally, non-descendants of the Khan-Ur join the primus warband, taking the name of their leader as their own, as is Charr tradition. But the leader of the primus is always a descendant of the Khan-Ur, the foremost heir of the legion and their rightful inheritor of the crown of leadership among the Charr."

Note that the "carries the name of that legion" was changed, like much of The Movement of the World that came out at the same time, given Bangar's, Gaheron's, and Malice's surname.

Would have been neat if Efram's surname included "fire" in it, to indicate having been part of Gaheron's warband. Then again, ANet could just add the simple stipulation that the Imperator can change their surname to not match their warband name.

Its a given Efram will be next Flame Imperator, i'm surprised he isn't already (unless Anet kills him as another excuse plot).I think he is by the time of No Quarter, but he wasn't during Bound by Blood. Most likely, the opposition to his rank left with the Dominion, thus he got it outright.

Technically speaking, there have been Khan-Ur's besides the first. It's just that they get assassinated by opposition or challenged to combat and lost before they could hold the position for a significant amount of time:

"There has been no true Khan-Ur for over a thousand years. Although the position has been claimed several times, no Charr has been able to hold the crown for more than a handful of years, certainly not enough time to solidify the title or create a new lineage. Each one has been overthrown shortly after making the daring claim; the Charr accept no ruler who is not strong enough to defend his throne. "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Ecology_of_the_Charr

@"Tyson.5160" said:Crecia makes a bunch of statements at the end of the episode that the Charr were nearly destroyed and that stronger leadership is needed. The ambient dialogue from other Chart in Drizzlewood advise of Crecia leading the United Legions. If there is a candidate for Khan Ur she would be it, especially if they are claiming that the Charr almost became extinct and need a new leader to rally them.I don't think the whole "almost became extinct" bit can be taken literally. Even if there were theaters of war elsewhere besides Drizzlewood, the charr species is huge and so is their territory. They have Ascalon, the Blood Legion Homelands to the north, and lands to the east of the Blazeridge. About the size of all of Elona in total. We only see fighting on Drizzlewood's front, and the land could not support even the majority of the charr species' numbers.

Would have been a nice way to show fighting outside of Drizzlewood between Dominion and United Legion by having player-triggered Dominion spawns for those who have begun No Quarter or Jormag Rising in Ascalon maps... But they didn't do such so we have no clue how widespread this "charr civil war" was. But what we saw wasn't enough to risk the species.

Most likely, Crecia was talking about the structure - half of the leaders have died, the peace accords with Flame got shaken, and so did the peace treaty with humans given the Dominion sieged human towns. But at best, Crecia's statements are about how Bangar was leading so many charr to Jormag's thrall, and would lead so many more, that it makes a huge dent in the charr population.

@"Tyson.5160" said:Crecia makes a bunch of statements at the end of the episode that the Charr were nearly destroyed and that stronger leadership is needed. The ambient dialogue from other Chart in Drizzlewood advise of Crecia leading the United Legions. If there is a candidate for Khan Ur she would be it, especially if they are claiming that the Charr almost became extinct and need a new leader to rally them.I don't think the whole "almost became extinct" bit can be taken literally. Even if there were theaters of war elsewhere besides Drizzlewood, the charr species is
huge
and so is their territory. They have Ascalon, the Blood Legion Homelands to the north, and lands to the east of the Blazeridge. About the size of all of Elona in total. We only see fighting on Drizzlewood's front, and the land could not support even the majority of the charr species' numbers.

Would have been a nice way to show fighting outside of Drizzlewood between Dominion and United Legion by having player-triggered Dominion spawns for those who have begun No Quarter or Jormag Rising in Ascalon maps... But they didn't do such so we have no clue how widespread this "charr civil war" was. But what we saw wasn't enough to risk the species.

Most likely, Crecia was talking about the structure - half of the leaders have died, the peace accords with Flame got shaken, and so did the peace treaty with humans given the Dominion sieged human towns. But at best, Crecia's statements are about how Bangar was leading so many charr to Jormag's thrall, and would lead so many more, that it makes a huge dent in the charr population.

Seems like a perfect opportunity for Anet to do another community vote, and the next Khan Ur, would definitely be a huge impact to the game lore. I personally, don’t give two shits about who the next Iron and Blood Imperator are, but the Khan Ur, that definitely excites me.

For me the exciting thing about the massive upheaval this war has caused within Charr society is bound to bring about big reforms to their culture and government. Sure, they could go back to maintaining the status quo, but I love the idea this turmoil may permanently change the Charr way of life. We haven’t quite seen one of the five races go through something so huge, excluding perhaps the reveal about the origins of the Sylvari.

Edit: Then again, we really haven’t got to see how the events of HoTs have affected the Sylvari in a major way, unfortunately... Only little comments and hints, like the lone Sylvari at the Festival of the Four Winds. And absolutely nothing about the Nightmare Court’s existence following Faolain’s death, either. So maybe the same will happen here. :/

@"Svennis.3852" said:For me the exciting thing about the massive upheaval this war has caused within Charr society is bound to bring about big reforms to their culture and government. Sure, they could go back to maintaining the status quo, but I love the idea this turmoil may permanently change the Charr way of life. We haven’t quite seen one of the five races go through something so huge, excluding perhaps the reveal about the origins of the Sylvari.

Edit: Then again, we really haven’t got to see how the events of HoTs have affected the Sylvari in a major way, unfortunately... Only little comments and hints, like the lone Sylvari at the Festival of the Four Winds. And absolutely nothing about the Nightmare Court’s existence following Faolain’s death, either. So maybe the same will happen here. :/

Its a strong possibility with the writers at Anet, unfortunately.

@"Svennis.3852" said:For me the exciting thing about the massive upheaval this war has caused within Charr society is bound to bring about big reforms to their culture and government. Sure, they could go back to maintaining the status quo, but I love the idea this turmoil may permanently change the Charr way of life. We haven’t quite seen one of the five races go through something so huge, excluding perhaps the reveal about the origins of the Sylvari.

Regarding the Nightmare Court, while they're still around I do believe all the leaders are dead. Between Personal Story, Twilight Arbor, and Heart of Thorns they lose pretty much everyone in a position of power. Plus their numbers were already very low compared to other Sylvari since they were just an offshoot, so I imagine the events of the HoT thinned out their ranks significantly.

Not to mention the events will have changed the minds of alot of remaining Nightmare Court about distancing theirselves from the Dream, since it would've given them a major existential crisis. Hardship has a way of draining the evil from people.

I imagine that currently the Nightmare Court is in a very similar state to the Flame Legion.

So who wants to guess what happens to the Sons of Svanir after IBS? :p

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Regarding the Nightmare Court, while they're still around I do believe all the leaders are dead. Between Personal Story, Twilight Arbor, and Heart of Thorns they lose pretty much everyone in a position of power. Plus their numbers were already very low compared to other Sylvari since they were just an offshoot, so I imagine the events of the HoT thinned out their ranks significantly.They have at least one duchess, Chrysanthea, which is the highest non-de facto leader position (which is Grand Duchess). So they're not entirely out of leaders.

Not to mention the events will have changed the minds of alot of remaining Nightmare Court about distancing theirselves from the Dream, since it would've given them a major existential crisis. Hardship has a way of draining the evil from people.This would be very interesting to see, because the Nightmare Court were divided into two philosophical beliefs - the original idea of "becoming true sylvari" and the newer idea of serving and spreading the Nightmare. I imagine most who followed the original philosphy (those who's minds didn't get warped by the Nightmare) would have turned Mordrem Guard like Stavemaster Adryn.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Regarding the Nightmare Court, while they're still around I do believe all the leaders are dead. Between Personal Story, Twilight Arbor, and Heart of Thorns they lose pretty much everyone in a position of power. Plus their numbers were already very low compared to other Sylvari since they were just an offshoot, so I imagine the events of the HoT thinned out their ranks significantly.They have at least one duchess, Chrysanthea, which is the highest non-de facto leader position (which is Grand Duchess). So they're not entirely out of leaders.

Not to mention the events will have changed the minds of alot of remaining Nightmare Court about distancing theirselves from the Dream, since it would've given them a major existential crisis. Hardship has a way of draining the evil from people.This would be very interesting to see, because the Nightmare Court were divided into two philosophical beliefs - the original idea of "becoming true sylvari" and the newer idea of serving and spreading the Nightmare. I imagine most who followed the original philosphy (those who's minds didn't get warped by the Nightmare) would have turned Mordrem Guard like Stavemaster Adryn.

And the second group, if the sylvari PS is to be believed, are beyond hope. Not that we're likely to find out.