lvl 80 Weapon Question and a few more :)

Oakshandel.4093

Hi guys,I have been playing on and off since release, and now fully immersed as I finally have the connection and PC to play the game well.My just finished the main story for the base game, and am in full exotic gear. I was wondering what would be best for my char going forward. I plan on doing all stories for the expacs, but not limited to doing just so. What would be a good way to "gear up".I am interested in Weaver and bought a sword of the TP. I take it as though I must unlock the full tree in order to use it though.

And I figured I may as well ask, as maybe knows some kind of solution. With the UI, is there ANY way I can disable seeing objects/NPS/critters/ ect while they come into my field of view. Like If i click on them thats great, but it really breaks the immersion seeing every rock and random soldiers name everywhere. There is not an option for this in settings, even with the newer HUD additions, does anyone know of an add-on, or macro, anything,

Thank you kindly

@"Oakshandel.4093" said:Hi guys,I have been playing on and off since release, and now fully immersed as I finally have the connection and PC to play the game well.My just finished the main story for the base game, and am in full exotic gear. I was wondering what would be best for my char going forward. I plan on doing all stories for the expacs, but not limited to doing just so. What would be a good way to "gear up".I am interested in Weaver and bought a sword of the TP. I take it as though I must unlock the full tree in order to use it though.

You don't need to fully unlock weaver to use weaver and the sword but you should unlock weaver most of the way before using weaver. By mostly I mean far enough to have whichever grandmaster trait you plan on using unlocked. Too many people try to use their elite spec as soon as they have it unlocked and which ends up having them running around with 1/3rd of their traits missing in areas intentionally designed to be more challenging. Don't go running around HoT and PoF with missing traits. Unless you want that extra challengeof course.

And I figured I may as well ask, as maybe knows some kind of solution. With the UI, is there ANY way I can disable seeing objects/NPS/critters/ ect while they come into my field of view. Like If i click on them thats great, but it really breaks the immersion seeing every rock and random soldiers name everywhere. There is not an option for this in settings, even with the newer HUD additions, does anyone know of an add-on, or macro, anything,

Nameplates should not be appearing unless you have the highlighted options are enabled.img

or party/squad members or if you are hovering your cursor over them

Nameplates should not be appearing unless you have the highlighted options are enabled.img

Thanks so much for the advice. Although I do have those boxes unchecked, the game still shows every name when object/npc is mouse over'd or simply within direct LOS of your character.

As far using weaver skills, I do not believe I have unlocked any usable ones, some traits but no skills, as I cannot use the sword , it says needs weaver spec

@"Oakshandel.4093" said:

Nameplates should not be appearing unless you have the highlighted options are enabled.
img

Thanks so much for the advice. Although I do have those boxes unchecked, the game still shows every name when object/npc is mouse over'd or simply within direct LOS of your character.

As far using weaver skills, I do not believe I have unlocked any usable ones, some traits but no skills, as I cannot use the sword , it says needs weaver spec

You have to select weaver as your third/bottom trait line to use the sword skills.

@Oakshandel.4093 said:Thanks so much for the advice. Although I do have those boxes unchecked, the game still shows every name when object/npc is mouse over'd

Objects and NPCs are extremely important (nodes for resources and vendors for game progress), so it would be negligent to provide a way to completely cut players off from such information. The mini map alone as a source of such information would be confusing, especially to new players if they accidentally turned the feature off.

Edit: @Oakshandel.4093, I just remembered one thing that might help you, though! You can hide the UI. That will still show that you can interact with the item when you mouseover it, but it will hide all names as well as the UI.