Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

@Avatar of Indra.6908 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Its an armory so you can wear all your legendaries on each character.So if you have 1 sword its 1 sword per character, the ring is the same question since we dont have a wardrobe for rings you destroyed the slumbering version when you made the awake one so still only 1 ring per character for you mate.

That is what I've been thinking too, and have been a bit afraid of. At this point without an official answer, everything is just speculation based on what is or was, not will be. I really don't want to go back and make duplicates of weapon types just to dual-wield.

I've seen some people here and there suggest that a NPC offers a clone of the weapon (which cannot be traded, sold or salvaged) so that the weapon can simply be dual-wielded. I'd rather a system like this than needing to go back and making the weapons that I wasn't interested in in the first place.

You won't duplicate any legendary item. It's the same behavior as using the hero > equipment and clicking in any slot to equip them.Isn't a matter of speculate, just follow the reason they're doing it: eliminate the need of using bank to move legendaries between chars.

But even if they go to the same reward skin copy system, you will be limited by the amount of items you possess (you can't create two bolts if you crafted just one or you can't create 7 copies of leg rune if you crafted 6 or less runes).

I'm honestly baffled as to why Legendary Armory was announced without Wardrobe Templates Loadouts. Let's face it: the ONLY demographic Legendary Armory is relevant to, is a small group of players who a.) have legendary equipment AND b.) have more than one character. Suppose we take it to the extreme and propose that legendary weapon skins are the most awesome things around and that players who have them won't ever wanna transmute them to something else. Go a little further and suppose that also applies for Legendary Backpacks. Now does ANYONE believe that there is even a minute fraction of the players who can and will use the legendary armory will settle for multiple characters wearing the same skin for legendary armor?If right now ArenaNet comes out and says the long development time and radio silence are because they have become aware of this glaring issue and are figuring out a best possible solution to this, then I'll be happy to wait.

@Sylum.1806 said:I'm honestly baffled as to why Legendary Armory was announced without Wardrobe Templates Loadouts. Let's face it: the ONLY demographic Legendary Armory is relevant to, is a small group of players who a.) have legendary equipment AND b.) have more than one character. Suppose we take it to the extreme and propose that legendary weapon skins are the most awesome things around and that players who have them won't ever wanna transmute them to something else. Go a little further and suppose that also applies for Legendary Backpacks. Now does ANYONE believe that there is even a minute fraction of the players who can and will use the legendary armory will settle for multiple characters wearing the same skin for legendary armor?If right now ArenaNet comes out and says the long development time and radio silence are because they have become aware of this glaring issue and are figuring out a best possible solution to this, then I'll be happy to wait.

Everyone has voiced this concern since the beginning, so I'm sure they would have to include a way for customization. ANET has not said that the wardrobe will not be a part of this new legendary armory. Actually they have not said much at all about the features or how it's going to work yet. I think we all just need to calm down and wait for more information :-).

@Avatar of Indra.6908 said:On a serious note though, some answers to questions that affect us right now are needed. Some questions would include:

• Will I be able to dual equip a legendary sword if I only own one legendary sword? (example: Shining blade in both hands)
  • Will I be able to slot Conflux and Slumbering Conflux at the same time when I currently only own one Conflux? Or do I need to make a second ring and leave it at the Slumbering stage?

When you created Conflux, your previous Slumbering Conflux was given to Zommoros, so you do not have it anymore.If you made Conflux you have to make another ring to put that ring into the other ring slot.You can only use/slot what you have. Like it is now.

@Sylum.1806 said:Let's face it: the ONLY demographic Legendary Armory is relevant to, is a small group of players who a.) have legendary equipment AND b.) have more than one character.

I really doubt that group of players is as small as you may think. I mean almost everyone has more then one toon or soon does even if they have only just started playing and I think many have at least 1 bit of legendary equipment, be it a weapon, armour or trinket. And lets face it, as soon as all those people with more then one toon realise they can gear up every toon with just using the same single legendary item, there will be a mad rush on making them.

@yann.1946 said:

@RedCobra.7693 said:Just have a vendor that sells you legendaries that you have already acquired its not rocket science.

So people who have one bolt can suddenly dual wield it?

Yes, thats how it should have been right from the start, would have avoided the whole twice told legend controversy. legendaries have been account bound from the start you could always swap them between characters, selling them from a vendor after being unlocked could have been an additional gold sink in game

@Anthonev.6452 said:

@Sylum.1806 said:Let's face it: the ONLY demographic Legendary Armory is relevant to, is a small group of players who a.) have legendary equipment AND b.) have more than one character.

I really doubt that group of players is as small as you may think. I mean almost everyone has more then one toon or soon does even if they have only just started playing and I think many have at least 1 bit of legendary equipment, be it a weapon, armour or trinket. And lets face it, as soon as all those people with more then one toon realise they can gear up every toon with just using the same single legendary item, there will be a mad rush on making them.

I have to agree with this, if anything it would encourage players to a) make more toons and b) go for legendaries as an end game goal. it isnt a small demographic, its aimed at all players.

people who have already got legendaries are rewarded for their effort and people without them have gained increased motivation to acquire them.

6 Month since the announcement and nothing has happened, not even new informaiton.

Maybe instead of talking about how it should be, we should force anet to give us a Date when this will be implemented, cause its kinda senseless to talk about stuff, which might come or not and maybe will just be implemented in a few years, like other things anet anounced!!!

And on the other hand, like anet wrote, this should acutally already been implemented. So, why isnt it???