"Nerf Holosmith!"

N A T E.3108

@Shiyo.3578 said:Blind on explosive could require you to take 3 trait lines for a single trait and it'd still be obscenely overpowered. I am perpetually blinded against holosmiths and aboslutely SICK of it.

Holosmith needs to have the same sustain as thief, aka zero. They are essentially a roamer RANGED burst class that for some reason is also a bruiser with tons of sustain ?????

Theyre not a roamer, theyre a sidenoder. And theyre not good at bursting from range, since grenades are not that reliable at long range. They also dont really have that much sustain. The issue is that theyre the only class left doing noticable damage, and even their damage isnt that high, so just having a heal is enough to make you a bruiser. Seriously, besides their healing skill their sustain is incredibly insignificant, its like an average of 50-100 health a second.

Edit: Seriously, I dont get why people make suggestions that just make the class below chrono tier. Seems stupid, but oh well. Seriously, its unfortunate how many people dont realise that Holo is only a little stronger than the not meta core engineer.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some other thoughts

• Blast Shield should trade the damage for barrier. This would justify buffing the barrier a little bit while getting rid of the 'your dodge now gives both damage and sustain'

• Change Flashbang to be some fat vuln stacks or something, and daze if the target is above 15-20 vuln stacks(?).

• Shrapnel (GM trait in Explosives) could add a cleanse to Explosive Entrance?**

• Prismatic converter just cleanses, no convert. I imagine this could be removed, but I'm iffy about nuking the only source of cleanse in an entire traitline

• Crystal Config - Zeph. Reduces duration of movement impairing effects but doesn't remove. This'll make the trait more broadly applicable but on a much lower level. Also reduce the superspeed to 2 sec.

• **FFS give more love to engineer's other traitlines. Why is firearms so godawful, why has alchemy been nerfed so many times but is still basically required, why even are dead traits, why does aim-assisted rocket have a minimum range.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Blind on explosive could require you to take 3 trait lines for a single trait and it'd still be obscenely overpowered. I am perpetually blinded against holosmiths and aboslutely SICK of it.

Holosmith needs to have the same sustain as thief, aka zero. They are essentially a roamer RANGED burst class that for some reason is also a bruiser with tons of sustain ?????

Holosmith can have a little sustain. As a treat.

@Curennos.9307 said:Some other thoughts

• Blast Shield should trade the damage for barrier. This would justify buffing the barrier a little bit while getting rid of the 'your dodge now gives both damage and sustain'

Sure, why not, I prefer explosive Temper anyway.

• Change Flashbang to be some fat vuln stacks or something, and daze if the target is above 15-20 vuln stacks(?).
  • Shrapnel (GM trait in Explosives) could add a cleanse to Explosive Entrance?**

Then people just run Big Boomer. Flashbang isnt that far ahead of it.

• Prismatic converter just cleanses, no convert. I imagine this could be removed, but I'm iffy about nuking the only source of cleanse in an entire traitline

Sure, why not. At least were hitting only holo for once.

• Crystal Config - Zeph. Reduces duration of movement impairing effects but doesn't remove. This'll make the trait more broadly applicable but on a much lower level. Also reduce the superspeed to 2 sec.

Then we get the Corona Burst on every build again. I mean, sure why not, but I think its silly that Holo only has 1 real option in that traitline.

• **kitten give more love to engineer's other traitlines. Why is firearms so godawful, why has alchemy been nerfed so many times but is still basically required, why even are dead traits, why does aim-assisted rocket have a minimum range.

A lot of classes have an unplayable traitline. Engineer has Firearms. Thief has Acrobatics, Rev has the Ventari one, Warrior has ... arms, I think? Itd be nice if it was made useable, but that should be a profession-wide effort. Mostly involving reverts.

• 2 months later...

@N A T E.3108 said:

Hope these ideas are useful.

ALIEN

Dude you recently shat on my holo using your scrapper with flashbang, hammer 5 stun, hamme 2/3, and wrench (all while having stabi and a 50% health barrier), no counterplay offered, 3 seconds combat.

Holo is pretty dead atm, it has no survivability unless you dodge everything XD

Aside from nades and the free might stacks on high heat there is sth I want to mention that is quite disgusting.

Corona Burst hits twice and so it quite often happens that you interrpt or stun the holo inbetween the hits. That doesnt interrupt the second hit and furthermore this second hit can proc EE for aboit 2.5k dmg. So Holosmith gets to hit me for arround 4 k dmg from disatvantage which is equal to a tier 2 axe burst from warrior.