Explosive entrance is not in line with other dodge damage, there is no defense. Nerf it.

Crab Fear.1624

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:You can't compare traits/skills in a void, you've to compare the entire kits! /s

That often is pretty true. You at least have to be careful to not tar different skills/ triats on different classes with different strengths and mechanics with the same brush. Some interclass comparisions make sense, most don't.

For the explosive traitline, yes it was clear right from the patch notes, that they implement something doesn't fit with the patch philosophy and also doesn't fit comparable to changes on other classes they did based on that philosophy at all.

@bravan.3876 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:You can't compare traits/skills in a void, you've to compare the entire kits! /s

That often is pretty true. You at least have to be careful to not tar different skills/ triats on different classes with different strengths and mechanics with the same brush. Some interclass comparisions make sense, most don't.

For the explosive traitline, yes it was clear right from the patch notes, that they implement something doesn't fit with the patch philosophy and also doesn't fit comparable to changes on other classes they did based on that philosophy at all.

DisagreeI don't think a lower trait should be better than a higher one at all.On top of mind mirage mantle vs companion's defense.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

DisagreeI don't think a lower trait should be better than a higher one at all.On top of mind mirage mantle vs companion's defense.

As said some interclass trait comparisions make sense, in this regard you mentioned it, it is fitting but you have to be careful, often it is not fitting. I just wanted to point that out because of your /s behind a sentence that totally make sense in most cases.

Not only the Explosive Entrance trait is problematic. The whole trait line is overtuned. Check out the builds here:

Minor trait:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Short_FuseThis allows the Engi to have near self perma Fury with Sigil of Energy.

Many traits for Engi are overtuned compared to Weaver for example:

@bravan.3876 said:

As said some interclass trait comparisions make sense, in this regard you mentioned it, it is fitting but you have to be careful, often it is not fitting. I just wanted to point that out because of your /s behind a sentence that totally make sense in most cases.

I understand where you're coming from but we disagree on that so no point in arguing further.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

I understand where you're coming from but we disagree on that so no point in arguing further.

You got that i agreed to you, that you can compare explosive triats in their value to others and to the patch philosophy overall and that your conclusion that they are op and not fitting to the patch philosophy is correct? So we do not totally disagree, i just wanted to point out that this interclass comparision is not always senseful, so you have to be careful.In case you think you always can compare traits/skills from different classes without looking at the whole class environment that easy, then we disagree in that one for certain.

@"Sunshine.5014" said:Not only the Explosive Entrance trait is problematic. The whole trait line is overtuned. Check out the builds here:

Minor trait:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Short_FuseThis allows the Engi to have near self perma Fury with Sigil of Energy.

@"Sunshine.5014" said:Not only the Explosive Entrance trait is problematic. The whole trait line is overtuned. Check out the builds here:

You're comparing apples to oranges, then literally the engi PvE version of Blast Shield's 1500 barrier that does 5x the 300 barrier it does in PvP to weaver PvP versions.

@Chaith.8256 said:

Minor trait:
This allows the Engi to have near self perma Fury with Sigil of Energy.

You're comparing apples to oranges, then literally the engi PvE version of Blast Shield's 1500 barrier that does 5x the 300 barrier it does in PvP to weaver PvP versions.

So since you made this comparison, Weaver dodge rolls for a guaranteed 671 barrier and Explosives gets a buff on dodge that makes your next successful hit grant 340 barrier. You can miss it and it's literally half as much as weaver.

Reality is strange isn't it

Edit: And blinding ashes can't miss either, it only procs on a successful burn, that's why it's not the same as "on next hit" bar buffs.

I don-t know about engis but I gotta ask, are you absolutely sure it needs to be nerfed? just double-checking.

I do not want any specs to be deleted.

Also can you please use obs to record a video of you fighting? I want to see how engi fights properly as well, so when I do create one I can see at the best.

Plus footage when shown actually does best to indicate the problem, and see what tactic you used.

I think it's fun. But mainly using it in PvE and even without regular explosive weapons. (Like boosting the scrapper hammer with it and the other options that apply barrier on explosive and the trait to get more endurance reg. Can dodge and AoE hit small mobs to always be on high barrier.)

If they want ot nerf something ... then only for PvP please. (Internal cooldowns sounds nice if necessary - to make it refresh less often than with fast dodging.)

Minor trait:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Short_FuseThis allows the Engi to have near self perma Fury with Sigil of Energy.Short Fuse (A trait):1 - Requires: Explosion hit.Many traits for Engi are overtuned compared to Weaver for example:

Flashbang (GM trait):1 - Cooldown: It's the endurance regen time (10s).2 - Daze:

• Requires: Dodge (If no dodge, no Explosive Entrance).
  • Requires Explosive Entrance hit.
  • Requires 90% or more on target's hp bar.

3 - Blind:

• Requires: Dodge (If no dodge, no Explosive Entrance).
  • Requires Explosive Entrance hit.

Currently Blast Shield and Big Boomer, both, deserves buff:

• Blast Shield: Could scale with Explosive Entrance hit (Base barrier x number of targets affected).
  • Big Boomer: Could scales better with Heal Power, or heal a bit more (100 hp/s is irrelevant).

• 6 months later...

And yet a half-decent elementalist can kick my 2000-games-experienced grenade-less explosives holo any day XD

@Teb.6980 said:

Minor trait:
This allows the Engi to have near self perma Fury with Sigil of Energy.

And yet a half-decent elementalist can kick my 2000-games-experienced grenade-less explosives holo any day XD

Their comparison doesn't even make sense.

They list "must inflict burning" as a downside of blinding ashes, ignoring the fact that elementalist is able to inflict burning even on auto attacks. Ele can inflict burning way more frequently than an engineer can dodge, so naturally it will have a cooldown. Imagine if blinding ashes had no cooldown, ele would literally be able to blind on auto attack.

Meanwhile the endurance serves as your cooldown on flashbang. If you can't dodge, you can't get the blind. This here requires ressources, unlike blinding ashes.

They also show wrong information on purpose to make blast shield look way stronger than it is. They note the 671 base barrier in PvP for invigorating strikes, but they show the PvE barrier for blast shield. The base barrier for blast shield in PvP is 340.