thief does no damage

Sneakers.8462

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@"Bazsi.2734" said:I hope most thieves will swap out shadow arts now. Spam that hearthseeker, get them numbers! At least thieves playing like this can get killed. It's very satisfying 2shotting thieves whenever you're not actually playing one.

ya word. All thieves run this build so my reaper shroud 1 can laugh at it.Shadow shot will blind you and deals more damage than HS above 50% health and about the same below 50% health.

You enter shroud: shadow shot, dash, shadow shot, dash, shadow shot, dash....

A CS, Tr, DrD build will destroy every single reaper at equal skill levels. And since leonidrex said both classes feature the same dumb playerbase, it looks pretty bad for reaper ("on average" of course).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Bazsi.2734" said:I hope most thieves will swap out shadow arts now. Spam that hearthseeker, get them numbers! At least thieves playing like this can get killed. It's very satisfying 2shotting thieves whenever you're not actually playing one.

ya word. All thieves run this build so my reaper shroud 1 can laugh at it.Shadow shot will blind you and deals more damage than HS above 50% health and about the same below 50% health.

You enter shroud: shadow shot, dash, shadow shot, dash, shadow shot, dash....

A CS, Tr, DrD build will destroy every single reaper at equal skill levels. And since leonidrex said both classes feature the same dumb playerbase, it looks pretty bad for reaper ("on average" of course).

Ur not wrong but balancing blinds is s fine line because it can go either way especially with anet team, either smart use of blinds pretty much shuts down reapers effectively or not enough and reapers would easily destroy any thief in a fight considering their damage and cc with fears to a point a thief would have to run everytime or just avoid the fight. I'd be great if the devs could shave off teefs blind spam so it would remain effective but not oppressive. I found against warriors blinds pretty much shuts them down as well. Increasing shadow shots initiative wouldn't be the way to go but instead either give the skill a 3 sec icd on the blind only or remove the blind and have a successful shadow shot give the thief 2 secs or so of protection since it puts the thief in melee danger range.

@"KrHome.1920" reaper and thief have different roles, in theory they should never meet to fight 1v1, but both have tools to easy escape one another and cant really kill eachother. Thief is too fast for the reaper so escaping is easy, and reaper is too bulky to kill quickly so they have enough time to get to "safe" spots where if thief tries to follow he will be getting shit on through walls by long "melee" attacks, all the while being pestered from 1k+ range by constant 2k+ hits that thief cant afford to keep taking.

@"Broady.2358" said:Thief is trash, please buff.... ;)

So you're Gold 3, probably barely into P1 and bragging about a video and build where you outnumbered most of the fights with at least two additional other people from your team. And in making the video you were allowed to cherry pick across probably dozens if not hundreds of fights and the best you could come up with is Heartseeker spam. On people not dodging. And u won only 2 1v1s against people that obviously aren't even good. Look, I wrote "The Death of Thief" and you can just go ahead and delete this post because this isn't a viable playstyle or a way that thieves should even think is a valid way to play. Heartseeker spam is pre-HoT and needs to be left there, not make a return because ANet swiped all damage from thief. That's all i'll say about this post. and please get some skill buddy. jesus christ

Oh please, do use this build. And make sure you land on the enemy team so I can farm some free wins. And sure, its very impressive that you do 7k with heartseeker .... when the enemy has considerably less than 7k health and the entire damage you built for goes to waste. Ever wondered why Executioner hasnt been picked much, even as improvisation got nerfed? Thats why.

@UNOwen.7132 said:Oh please, do use this build. And make sure you land on the enemy team so I can farm some free wins. And sure, its very impressive that you do 7k with heartseeker .... when the enemy has considerably less than 7k health and the entire damage you built for goes to waste. Ever wondered why Executioner hasnt been picked much, even as improvisation got nerfed? Thats why.

wait I use Executioner lol

@darren.1064 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:Oh please, do use this build. And make sure you land on the enemy team so I can farm some free wins. And sure, its very impressive that you do 7k with heartseeker .... when the enemy has considerably less than 7k health and the entire damage you built for goes to waste. Ever wondered why Executioner hasnt been picked much, even as improvisation got nerfed? Thats why.

My condolences to your team.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

My condolences to your team.

you know that i'm good lmfao. Thief as a whole has just gone downhill so I can't personally carry anymore, but really what thief can?

@felix.2386 said:

@"Widmo.3186" said:2020 and I see a video of a guy spamming HS and using HiS.
qWyfzZP.jpg

you would be surprised for how many plat 2 thieves spamming HS since feb specially during summer.backstab+hs =easy 8k damage if backstab can bring hp down below 50%

"Backstep bring hp down below 50%" , ... lol 3k dmg will not bring any hp in this game down 50%. Or do u mean a +1 where hp is already down to 55% which will never happen in this boring 1vs1 bunker meta ...

But be happy , teefs nerfs incomming.Stealth nerfHeartseaker nerf

• confirmed

Everyone complaining about thief low damage neglects the fact that thief mechanic allows for the most consistent burst. 7k damage is good numbers in pvp and yet saying any other profession can do it too to justify their low damage is utter nonsense. Name any other profession that can reset and be ready to burst in 5 seconds

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Everyone complaining about thief low damage neglects the fact that thief mechanic allows for the most consistent burst. 7k damage is good numbers in pvp and yet saying any other profession can do it too to justify their low damage is utter nonsense. Name any other profession that can reset and be ready to burst in 5 seconds

Off the top of my head? Ranger. Easy. Engineer including or excluding Holosmith. Necromancer's have insane disengage ability now with 2 different ports-- reaper in particular. Oh and lets not forget mesmer.

And doing 3k every 5 seconds is not a good burst for power thieves. I've had bunker guardians do more damage than I could within the same timeframe.

@darren.1064 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Everyone complaining about thief low damage neglects the fact that thief mechanic allows for the most consistent burst. 7k damage is good numbers in pvp and yet saying any other profession can do it too to justify their low damage is utter nonsense. Name any other profession that can reset and be ready to burst in 5 seconds

Off the top of my head? Ranger. Easy. Engineer including or excluding Holosmith. Necromancer's have insane disengage ability now with 2 different ports-- reaper in particular. Oh and lets not forget mesmer.

And doing 3k every 5 seconds is not a good burst for power thieves. I've had bunker guardians do more damage than I could within the same timeframe.

5k backstab, then its 4k backstab now its 3k backstab.soo all the thiefs will say backstab does 1k dmg :D

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

5k backstab, then its 4k backstab now its 3k backstab.soo all the thiefs will say backstab does 1k dmg :D

I'm sorry you're unable to do math. Maybe you need elementary school and not Guild Wars 2 in your life right now.

Imagine thinking that this video which is full of memes should be taken seriously or is a true reflection of how to play Thief...Seems I should have included a disclaimer saying this a is parody of the attitude of players who think Thief is bad. If you think Thief needs higher damage in order to succeed, you're playing it wrong.Those judging my knowledge of the game and PMing me in game asking my rank in order to inflate your ego on the forums just shows your maturity levels.

For those enjoyed the video and understood the irony, I'm happy and intend to do some more overly edited shenanigans covering "broken builds"... *Looks at Grenade Holosmith"

@darren.1064 said:

I'm sorry you're unable to do math. Maybe you need elementary school and not Guild Wars 2 in your life right now.

I wish I was capable of being upset over such petty things but im not :/

feel free to save them for people that care.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Its still 5k on a squishy target. That number didnt change, unless I missed a build change, though I doubt I did.

@"Naqam a.6521" said:Hmm

Hidden Killer (2 sec guarante crit after de-stealth) + Bound + Asassin signet + Runes of Ogre14k burst on no toughness vs 12k full toughness

https://imgur.com/a/lduSAw6https://imgur.com/a/0Y6b2Ke

maybe toughness ,is taking a break :)or modifiers+ferocity , overcome toughnesss ? Lets call them armor penetration !

So, you know neither what burst means, nor what full toughness means, then? Spoiler: The heavy golem doesnt have more toughness, it just reflects the different armour classes.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"Naqam a.6521" said:Hmm

Hidden Killer (2 sec guarante crit after de-stealth) + Bound + Asassin signet + Runes of Ogre14k burst on no toughness vs 12k full toughness

maybe toughness ,is taking a break :)or modifiers+ferocity , overcome toughnesss ? Lets call them armor penetration !

So, you know neither what burst means, nor what full toughness means, then? Spoiler: The heavy golem doesnt have more toughness, it just reflects the different armour classes.

The heavy npc ''wears'' Soldier amulet

2167 armor , with Berseker Amulet , is a no toughness Warrior , equals to :https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Target_Golem_-_Light

Please do tell what is burst ?Because neither we knowYou go from thread and thread saying that burned Gurdians killed you in 2 sec , unloading all his attacksWhile in the other posters , you are saying that Thief has only does 4k Backstab as a burst

@Naqam a.6521 said:

@Naqam a.6521 said:Hmm

The heavy npc ''wears'' Soldier amulet

It does not. It barely has more toughness than the light one.

2167 armor , with Berseker Amulet , is a no toughness Warrior , equals to :https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Target_Golem_-_Light

Yeah their toughness used to be slightly raised, but I believe its not anymore? Probably the wiki being out of date.

Please do tell what is burst ?Because neither we knowYou go from thread and thread saying that burned Gurdians killed you in 2 sec , unloading all his attacksWhile in the other posters , you are saying that Thief has only does 4k Backstab as a burst

Burn guardian applies all its burn instantly. I dont die instantly, but short of cleansing the stacks Im screwed. Anyway, burst is what you can do in a timeframe short enough for the enemy to not respond.