World Linking 9/25/2020

Cal Cohen.2358

• ArenaNet Staff

Here are the worlds for EU:

• Aurora Glade (EN), Ruins of Surmia (EN)
  • Baruch Bay (SP)
  • Desolation (EN)
  • Drakkar Lake (DE), Fissure of Woe (EN)
  • Elona Reach (DE), Underworld (EN)
  • Far Shiverpeaks (EN), Vabbi (EN)
  • Fort Ranik (FR), Ring of Fire (EN)
  • Gandara (EN)
  • Gunnar's Hold (EN), Kodash (DE)
  • Jade Sea (FR), Arborstone (FR)
  • Miller's Sound (DE), Abaddon's Mouth (DE)
  • Piken Square (EN), Blacktide (EN)
  • Riverside (DE), Dzagonur (DE)
  • Seafarer's Rest (EN), Whiteside Ridge (EN)
  • Vizunah Square (FR), Augury Rock (FR)

Here are the worlds for NA:

• Anvil Rock, Gate of Madness
  • Blackgate, Devona's Rest
  • Borlis Pass, Eredon Terrace
  • Dragonbrand, Ferguson's Crossing
  • Fort Aspenwood, Sanctum of Rall
  • Henge of Denravi, Ehmry Bay
  • Jade Quarry, Sorrow's Furnace
  • Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks
  • Sea of Sorrows, Isle of Janthir
  • Stormbluff Isle, Crystal Desert
  • Tarnished Coast, Darkhaven
  • Yak's Bend, Kaineng

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Thomas.2564 said:And piken gets linked with BT for the 5 or 6th time. Really original anet.

A link is better than getting no link.. :)

Weeeeell, yes and no. Im quite fine playing with out a link. Since i actually prefer a challenge in wvw and not just mindnuming 1 push fights on eb, like most do.

So if we are to have a link, would we nice with a bit more mixture and not just the same server every 4 months.

@Loken.7684 said:Please can we stop linking non-english speaking worlds with international worlds.

Many of the people who play on those worlds do so because they cannot or do not want to speak English. It causes a huge communication issue for BOTH worlds included in the linking.

well, GH has been linked with german servers several times and it was never really an issue.

Arenanet's "quality" metrics consider that Desolation [Europe] is full status server without a need for link. At reset, we have a queue at 1 map, other maps of course outnumbered and no queue.

Does Arenanet understand that their "full" metrics are a bad joke and hurting the game? A full should really mean full and not artificially full. A full server is closed and much worse position than very high + link, because then people can cheaply transfer to the link. Yet, Arenanet keeps Baruch Bay artificially open, even though it is full+

I have been already many times requesting to permanently merge some servers and have only 4 tiers in EU instead of 5 tiers. There is simply not enough population for 5 tiers. Bottom tier will be 8 weeks very low activity for servers without a link. Just few players per map will make more and more people who enjoy this game just leave the game.

@Jilora.9524 said:Well all of kain just trans to DR I bet. YB had a nice t1 moment now back to the basement. I think they chose deso and gand as no links just because they would least likely entirely desert and transfer off like all the babies from wsr and Dzag making t5 an embarrassment.

Kind of feel like they are trying to destroy last few wvw server communities.

@"Deniara Devious.3948" said:Arenanet's "quality" metrics consider that Desolation [Europe] is full status server without a need for link. At reset, we have a queue at 1 map, other maps of course outnumbered and no queue.

Does Arenanet understand that their "full" metrics are a bad joke and hurting the game? A full should really mean full and not artificially full. A full server is closed and much worse position than very high + link, because then people can cheaply transfer to the link. Yet, Arenanet keeps Baruch Bay artificially open, even though it is full+

I have been already many times requesting to permanently merge some servers and have only 4 tiers in EU instead of 5 tiers. There is simply not enough population for 5 tiers. Bottom tier will be 8 weeks very low activity for servers without a link. Just few players per map will make more and more people who enjoy this game just leave the game.

You were so stacked for so long winning all the time you even had dudes in here asking for no link for a challenge. You are full. Everyone except you knows it. The metrics are total play hours. If you top 2 you get no link. I don't think you were top too this time as I said above but if the give no link to certain severs 300 dudes transfer off before start and maybe they think you won't mass exodus and at least be competitive in t3-t5 where ever you end up

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks

This is gonna be a fun week.

One bad joke after another around here anymore.

Chat is gonna be a whole other level of entertainment. I can't wait for this, lmao. Almost as good as if we had been linked with DB or YB. I love me some good old team chat meme chat.

I may just xfer, I've done the Mag show before.