Remember when?

Bast.7253

Staff thief had an actual place in pvp?

I guess people vault spamming for high damage was an issue but 100% superspeed uptime and 25 stacks of might and bonus damage on dodge with an additional aoe nuke attached to a heal is fine.

What a joke.

I can sacrifice 2 traitlines for damage and have next to no condition clear or defensives, or I can sacrifice damage for sustain. Meanwhile we've got a symbol guard standing on one point pumping out burns, damaging and healing with symbols, and spamming aegis. Reapers with multiple teleports and 66% swiftness, ever expanding blinding wells, an extra health bar, chill and cripple, and ridiculous damage.

And holos sprinting around the map in between fights resetting cooldowns on an already broken toolkit tossing grenades for bleeds, chill, vuln, poison, and ridiculously broken damage.

@rdigeri.7935 said:

@Skada.1362 said:so adapt to the meta then and dont play staff. this thread, what a joke.

Why is it a joke to desire a state of game where you are able to use something you grew to love in the past?

Because his post is just another frustrated poor me my build sux, everybody else is op post. Thief and Daredevil got good builds to use to compete. what a joke

@Skada.1362 said:

@Skada.1362 said:so adapt to the meta then and dont play staff. this thread, what a joke.

Why is it a joke to desire a state of game where you are able to use something you grew to love in the past?

Because his post is just another frustrated poor me my build sux, everybody else is op post. Thief and Daredevil got good builds to use to compete. what a joke

Staff daredevil plays quite differently. And truth is, it does suck and the mentioned things are op compared to it.I'm still missing what's so funny. The forums are for feedback. It might have been funny if the discussed build was not actually struggling, but it is.

@rdigeri.7935 said:

Staff daredevil plays quite differently. And truth is, it does suck and the mentioned things are op compared to it.I'm still missing what's so funny. The forums are for feedback. It might have been funny if the discussed build was not actually struggling, but it is.

You read TS post as feedback? I see it as whining. He offers 0 solutions or ideas to what he sees as issues. Here is an example of what feedback could be - reduce initiative costs for certain staff skills, maybe increase the endurance per initiative gain from the trait Staff Master, maybe reduce cast time on certain staff skills etc. There you go, I just saved the thread!

@Skada.1362 said:

You read TS post as feedback? I see it as whining. He offers 0 solutions or ideas to what he sees as issues. Here is an example of what feedback could be - reduce initiative costs for certain staff skills, maybe increase the endurance per initiative gain from the trait Staff Master, maybe reduce cast time on certain staff skills etc. There you go, I just saved the thread!

Indeed, ideas for a solution would be better (though calling out perceived problems also has some value). If you asked what solutions OP has or gave some in the beginning instead, it'd have been constructive, is all.

Well people were complaining about the accro + Daredevil staff Dodger/evade build. And to be fair, it was indeed annoying but also a one trick pony more or less.Accro (with vigor and 50%+ more effective endurance Regen, initiatives on evades), daredevil (3 dodges, endurance Regen on staff use) and trickery (more initiatives, and initiatives cut to trickery withdraw and roll for initiatives) meant you could dodge endlessly. I LOVE it for PvE, but too linear "one trick pony" and limited for PvP for my taste.

However people being bad at timing their hits in the right window vs a dodgy daredevil, and being bad at dodging themselves vs vault meant that an angry mob requested nerf... :-(But really it wasn't that broken. It was more of an annoying build to face. And instead of learning how to fight it with decent timing or using wards they requested nerf.

That being said, if you wanted to do serious damages you had to trade accro for critical strike traits. Was still a very dodgy build, but not as annoying.

But still, they nerfed staff, as well as well as GM accrobatic traits that provide initiatives and Regen on evades.