Finding Fresh Maps for Drizzlewood.

Akari Storm.6809

Lately I have been seemingly unlucky in finding a fresh map here. I think this actually started when the map closing mechanic was implemented at the end of the North Meta. The map closes and throws you into another map...which always seems to be a map already in progress. It might just be my luck, but as I see it..a kind of bad luck. When thinking about other metas that are similar, pretty much only Dragonstand comes to mind. Difference with that one, it doesn't throw you into a map in progress because the meta is timed..so you are almost always likely to begin new meta cycle on a fresh map.

Drizzlewood prior to north being added acted very much like most metas, the silverwaste's and hot metas to name a few. Meta done, loot chest for a period until timer runs out..map resets and you go again from the beginning. No upfront need to swap instances. With this map closing mechanic, you are put into a new one. I bring this up, because lately I haven't been able to be in maps taking the early points like Vloxen.

Anyone else like or dislike this set up or am I the only one who ultimately doesn't like this map closing at the end of North Meta?

I pretty much only find fresh maps to be honest. Occaisonally I find the odd in progress one which is a Godsend or a weird one where it's finished though (which quickly becomes a fresh one anyway)

I think much of it - mainly North - needs a full rework. It's entirely unsustainable long term and just a slog

@Randulf.7614 said:I pretty much only find fresh maps to be honest. Occaisonally I find the odd in progress one which is a Godsend or a weird one where it's finished though (which quickly becomes a fresh one anyway)

I think much of it - mainly North - needs a full rework. It's entirely unsustainable long term and just a slog

This has been my experience too. I've pretty much given up on going to the map unless there's a group in LFG for Drizzlewood, because 9 times out of 10 I will be placed into a map that doesn't even try to capture Vloxen Mine or Petraj Overlook.

Must be my luck then. The bad luck continues. Guildies seem to have the same problem when they go there. I check LFG and occasionally will see a fresh map advertised, however next to it will be 3/6, 4/6 and even 5/6 sometimes. I find maps heading into north all day conversely. Not a huge problem overall, just can't remember the last time I have been apart of taking Vloxen in particular. I have however been put into maps at the tail end of taking Petraj. I know both can happen at the same time or one before the other basically amounting to a crap shoot, but it seems that even my map placement rng is no different than my loot rng...terrible below zero in my favor or against it rather.

@Akari Storm.6809 said:Must be my luck then. The bad luck continues. Guildies seem to have the same problem when they go there. I check LFG and occasionally will see a fresh map advertised, however next to it will be 3/6, 4/6 and even 5/6 sometimes. I find maps heading into north all day conversely. Not a huge problem overall, just can't remember the last time I have been apart of taking Vloxen in particular. I have however been put into maps at the tail end of taking Petraj. I know both can happen at the same time or one before the other basically amounting to a kitten shoot, but it seems that even my map placement rng is no different than my loot rng...terrible below zero in my favor or against it rather.

Not sure how the map instancing system work, but for this map in particular it doesn't seem to work that well since I nearly always get placed in either a dead map that doesn't have enough people to capture Vloxen or Petraj, or a map that has almost finished the meta. A shame really, since otherwise it can be quite a fun map to play.