WvW Revolution!

Clyan.1593

@Excursion.9752 said:The only thing WvW truly needs is a fully staffed Dev team dedicated to the game mode. Lets start there.... Until then its like throwing coins in a wishing well.

This, basically. I've played WvW for years (taking a 3ish year break to play a couple other MMOs). The biggest problem with WvW isn't the game mode - if anything it was far more zergy early on (e.g. 3-way map-queue fights somewhat regularly, even in lower tiers). But, it was newer then, fresher. The game mode has been left to stagnate for YEARS, with very few real updates to incentive the play or introduce new things There is also very little unique, in terms of loot/gear, for WvW. If they brought out no major PvE updates for years, while often promising them for years, it's almost guaranteed PvE would have a pop problem too.

tl;dr: The problem with WvW pop isn't game mode problem or even zerging. It's that the game mode has been left out to pasture by the devs and left to slowly die, while they occasionally whisper sweet nothings in our ear to give us hope.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Clyan.1593" said:Remove Zergs:

• new max squad size is 20

really bad idea

• Going close to a member of a different squad reduces movement by 80%, debuff called "mist repulsion" (distance has to be tested)

even worse

• By joining a squad armor is dyed to commander's tag color

to make people who have spent ages on their dye balance quit in disgust?

• Upon entering WvW you get assigned to the "roamer population", colored white

but I dont want to be assigned to anything

• Roaming / playing outside of a squad will downscale your level to 50 to ensure roamer blobs don't work against squads

wow, more really bad ideas

If necessary reduce HP of structures to fit new party sizes overall dmg output.

Now we have more smaller battles around the map and the game mode is less AOE spamming but more individual skill.Roamers can do their thing or - if refusing to join a squad - are useless.

yeah, punishing roamers AND people who enjoy big fights at the same time. Any more really bad ideas?

Overall this will create a more dynamic battlefield, give more space to strategic thinking and coordination among the commanders.Players will also be more spread out on the map, using up all the empty and bare landscape we have right now.

nope, it wouldn't. At all. Everything would be even more locked 'go away, you are debuffing me' spam incoming.

The vast majority of people that don't enjoy WvW in the first place all complain about the same thing: That it's dull. They go in only to farm Gift of Battle.One might say that those people don't belong in WvW then, but I would argue against that, especially since this mode is lacking popularity.

A lot of people would do wvw, if the rewards were any good. But since you make more gold brainlessly farming Silverwastes, they do that while being bored the whole time. But it is profitable...

Conclusion:

So you actually hate wvw and want to utterly destroy it. Any more great ideas to kill the mode for good?

@"Clyan.1593" said:Remove Zergs:

• Going close to a member of a different squad reduces movement by 80%, debuff called "mist repulsion" (distance has to be tested)
  • Roaming / playing outside of a squad will downscale your level to 50 to ensure roamer blobs don't work against squads

Now we have more smaller battles around the map and the game mode is less AOE spamming but more individual skill.Roamers can do their thing or - if refusing to join a squad - are useless.

Overall this will create a more dynamic battlefield, give more space to strategic thinking and coordination among the commanders.Players will also be more spread out on the map, using up all the empty and bare landscape we have right now.

EDIT:I knew I'd get quite some hate for this post, but let's face it. Alliances won't save this mode, unless it provides additional and significant changes to gameplay.You're delusional if you believe otherwise.The vast majority of people that don't enjoy WvW in the first place all complain about the same thing: That it's dull. They go in only to farm Gift of Battle.One might say that those people don't belong in WvW then, but I would argue against that, especially since this mode is lacking popularity.

These two changes I like..... the rest, meh. One thing I would say is the squad color armor should be a toggle setting for each person in the menu. You shouldn't force this on everyone.

By joining a squad armor is dyed to commander's tag colorUpon entering WvW you get assigned to the "roamer population", colored white

@Clyan.1593 said:roamers among roamers can still fight on an even level. They can also scout. Right now lone roamers or very small groups of roamers are easy prey already for zergs, so in that regard i don't see a real problem with this.

wait what? roamers are eating from zergs lol..good roamers are a pain in the ass for zergs cus they will just take out people 1 by 1 and if ur commander has to turn all the time to scare em off they are a pain in the ass..

basically good roamers are like bunch of hyena's

@Clyan.1593 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:Remove Zergs:

EDIT:I knew I'd get quite some hate for this post, but let's face it. Alliances won't save this mode, unless it provides additional and significant changes to gameplay.You're delusional if you believe otherwise.The vast majority of people that don't enjoy WvW in the first place all complain about the same thing: That it's dull. They go in only to farm Gift of Battle.One might say that those people don't belong in WvW then, but I would argue against that, especially since this mode is lacking popularity.

Remove the ability to party up, force everyone to be a roamer. See I Can make up BS statements as If I knew remotely anything about the game mode, strictly to make it better for me and my friends. Look how smart I am GG. In all seriousness this is ridiculous and EVERY type of playstyle and group-type/roamer should have a place in the game, Objectives should be harder and more lucrative and worthwhile to capture and hold.

You BS suggestion is what would lead to the modes death, so this is a no for me with a big oof on the side.

You can still party up. Really there is no big change here if you think about it. A lone roamer wouldn't win against a zerg either.If you want to fight a squad you simply have to find 19 other people that will join your squad.If you don't find them you will roam and fight other roamers.

That almost completely removes my guild from WvW which is why we play. We only have ten or so people because we run a havoc; My whole guild would quit the game with what you're proposing and the new people we've brought would quit. I know actually ALOT of people who'd quit, because Zerging is not and should not be the only way to play the game. Go play the Warhammer online private server, they did the kind of changes you're asking for by basically murdering small havoc/roaming and forced you to either clump and zerg or dont play. Sounds like you want the mode to die, not for it to thrive~