Emergency Waypoint need to be improved.

archmagus.7249

about the automatic message:this is something i kind of disaggree with. The players still can do that, if they don´t, well bad luck. That is not the system´s fault, it´s the players fault. Not a mechanic that is needed imo, because the system should not fix any mistakes made by players.

About restricting the activating of EWP to contested-state of the objective: this is one good point i totally aggree with. Although it doesn´t prevent people from pulling ewp as troll, it reduces the "risk" of a troll doing that. In the end, if the objective is in "attacked-state", a troll can still pull it. This is actually a thing, only the claiming guild can prevent, at least if there are people of the respective guild on the map (deactivating public tactics-usage and the open it back up if they leave).

About additional/extended invul after porting: i don´t think it is necessary. At first: an ewp that is pulled that late (when the enemy is already in the inner area and able to bomb the ewp) should not grant an additional advantage (well, it already does with double-port, but this is enough. no additional buff needed here imo). It is a tactical decision when to pull ewp (opinions on that are very different from player to player). Just to tell you what i think: an EWP should be pulled, if the enemy is already opening the inner gate/wall, but has not breached in yet. If they are able to bomb it, it is already way too late. Exception: you already have been defending inside, but got wiped out. Then, ofc it is worth pulling ewp although the enemy is in the inner ring.

About the idea to "guarantee" a port into the ewp: this is a very good suggestion. It would ensure, that everyone that uses it, can at least port once to it. It would negate disadvantages coming from lower-spec PC´s and/or bad connection (loading screens can sometimes be ridiculous) while not granting any overpowered advantages. In some cases, players with long loading screens can still end up dying, because the enemy either bombs the ewp, or the positioning of enemy and allied players changed for a disadvantage of the porting player that comes in late.

oh, i just completely missed the suggestion with replacing the ewp-port with an airship-drop.This mechanic sounds kinda interesting. It would ensure, that people will at least arrive alive near the objective, but the enemy is still able to react on that. I mean, yes. You cannot bomb the ewp directly anymore. BUT: the people will need to come down from the airship. This is actually a much bigger distance to cover, and actually gives some additional options to react to the ewp.

there are some important points that have to be considered, and that may not be easy to decide how to do it:

• Distance of the airship from the gound: this also determines the way, porting players can travel away, before being in range to get hit by ranged-attacks/ballistas.

• Position of the airship: where does it actually spawn? also here again: what points in the objective are you able to reach from the airship? inner ring? outer ring? even gliding completely outside the objective? This would need very careful decisions

• granted "parachute"-Skill for players, that have not skilled wargliding yet.

• should the airship just spawn when ewp is pulled? this would again create problems with long loading screens.So, assuming the airship is always there, you would need to prevent people from camping up there (essentially, it spawns only when ewp is pulled, but takes a reasonable amount of time to despawn, in order to "catch" people with late port and/or long loading screen times). This timeframe must be taken into account.

oh, my last point: ofc it is assuming, that an "actual" airship spawns with an ewp on it. just dropping people from the sky would maybe fix the "camping"-problem, but tbh: people just spawning in the sky will look weird.Also, spawning an actual airship gives another tactical element: Just like the airship-tactics that already exists (you know, that one that bombs the whole area when pulled) you can see from very far away when it is active. That would be very useful information for people that randomly pass by that area (yeah, i know you can actually open the objective window and check)

@"Galmac.4680" said:Of course you have to skill your fly skill to be able to fly :p otherwise... yes, that would indeed be funny!Hence why I said they already have the solutions. The code, the asset, the mechanics it's all there... it's just not in WvW. Living world uses straight down paradrop spawns that doesnt require you to have a glider. Its not gonna be a good idea perhaps (easy to know where people drop) but if you cant glide well there you go.

For Custodio.6134 wondering about the airship, you're thinking way, way to hard.

It's a floating waypoint (just move the existing EWP straight up in the air). It now spawns you in a paradrop state.It's a static airship that spawns above the EWP waypoint for the visual effect of having the EWP triggered and is only visible for the duration of the EWP. If they want to make the entrance a little flashier, just animate it dropping straight from the sky just before EWP goes active, then when done it reverse the animation.

That's it. No more, no less. Solution to a problem and better visuals for almost zero effort.

There is no "considerations" here. It's not like anyone argues that you could collide with the airships spinning around SM when they trigger or something, lol. Its just visuals.

yeah, i totally forgot that the drop-mechanic already exists in drizzlewood coast. that´s why i added my last comment.Your suggestion with the animations also kinda fits well into that scenario. You can see from outside if airdrop is active (just like with the "airstrike" that already exists) and makes it look less weird with people spawning in the middle of nowhere (sky).EDIT: of course, the point of making a guaranteed port into the ewp regardless of loading-screens becomes obsolete, if there is no waypoint anymore that can despawn. The game just has to handle it as a "teleport", rather than a "travel to a wp/ewp"

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:We should also have a pop-up dialogue for people who have never pulled it, informing them what a tactivator is and when to use it (at least pop up for them once). I say this as someone who came into WvW with zero idea/no tutorial/no one teaching for the first time I went in, I think it would help, even if just a little. Heck even a tab in WvW window for some WvW help/explanations. It's hard to see new people come in doing a trial by fire and getting nuked by enemies and in chat.

New person in WvW: "ooh what's dis, I pull and see"Mapchat loses mind, instantly calls people out as spy/troll

no body would pulls stuff because they are new. it is always a spy.

There are a lot of players who are new and needed mount, I don't see them pulling tactivators, they ask.

Add this to the suggestion:

when you take ewp from a different map, no matter how long / lag it takes you to load into that ewp, do not port the player to the spawn/citadel because they lag. if they see the ewp and takes it, please send them where the ewp, however long it takes them. it is unfair to punished them because the server lag.

@Custodio.6134 said:about the automatic message:About additional/extended invul after porting: i don´t think it is necessary. At first: an ewp that is pulled that late (when the enemy is already in the inner area and able to bomb the ewp) should not grant an additional advantage (well, it already does with double-port, but this is enough. no additional buff needed here imo). It is a tactical decision when to pull ewp (opinions on that are very different from player to player). Just to tell you what i think: an EWP should be pulled, if the enemy is already opening the inner gate/wall, but has not breached in yet. If they are able to bomb it, it is already way too late. Exception: you already have been defending inside, but got wiped out. Then, ofc it is worth pulling ewp although the enemy is in the inner ring.

I was defending a fire keep (I was already in the area and saw the wp was contested. We looked and found more than 40 green with 10 omega golems. The outer wall melted and they cut down the inner gate in less than a minute we pulled the EWP, but they put 3 golems right where the EWP was and we got hit with fire and rockets as soon as we ported in. We tried to come in again, and got burnt to a crisp again. If the EWP was moved to a safe spot, we can wp in safely and defend.