LAG LAG LAG - Anet please stop ignoring the community on this! - [Merged]

@sitarskee.5738 said:

@sitarskee.5738 said:Pretty sure ANet is aware of the issue though. Why make new thread about it everyday? It won't make it faster, just chill and maybe do something else if GW2 is unplayable for you. It's not like you're going to lose something.

Doesn't help the games population though, especially with steam coming.. imagine the reviews.

Still, I am PRETTY sure they are more aware of it than we are :D It's them who are going to lose money and players, not us. They should care, not us.

I care because it makes the game unplayable.

Well, yeah. It is nice that you care but why bother playing an unplayable game just to get frustrated? Maybe if people actually stopped playing, they would be forced to act quicker to fix the issue. There are tons of other games that are not as problematic, and you can always come back when it's fixed.

I mean, it's just my opinion. Feel free to keep torturing yourself.

I only just came back a month ago..

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@jpsssss.7530 said:I can tell its server side lag 95% of the time because when I lag, DC, or get stuck in mount skills, discord is fine...

That's like saying it's the servers because your Netflix is just fine

yes well discord doesn't hiccup, when I get trapped in my warclaw's skills while dismounted and attempting to fight. Discord also doesn't hiccup when my skill icons have the flashing animation like they're casting but nothing is happening. I can say its not my end...

@jpsssss.7530 said:

@jpsssss.7530 said:I can tell its server side lag 95% of the time because when I lag, DC, or get stuck in mount skills, discord is fine...

That's like saying it's the servers because your Netflix is just fine

yes well discord doesn't hiccup, when I get trapped in my warclaw's skills while dismounted and attempting to fight. Discord also doesn't hiccup when my skill icons have the flashing animation like they're casting but nothing is happening. I can say its not my end...

Discord is not the same as an online game connection.

I bet this is a social experiment.Management.6969: We need some serious expenses cuts. Ideas?Employee.6666: I got you boss. We deploy plan X: "How long will people still login and try to play this while we move everything to the cheapest AWS instance"Management.6969: I like the idea, specially in regards to a single instance! You just got promoted!Employee.6666: Wait, I meant instances . Never mind. I like this promotion.

The lag has been getting steadily worse over the past few months and weeks. At first it was S4 maps but it now seems to be 'spreading' to PoF and core Tyria maps. I've been around a LONG time (beta with a 5ish year break) and I've never seen spikes so bad. There is clearly a problem that needs addressing here and I worry that if GW2 releases on Steam in this condition it will put a lot of potential players off.

I really do think that this needs talking about more.

Issue is still present for me too.

I hope Anet will fix it before Steam launch cause if they are gonna welcome potentialy new long-time players with servers performing so poor, those new players will stop playing GW2 and refund it ASAP.

And all we have is this post from august (but the issue with server lag is way older) - https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/111982/an-update-on-game-performance-issues

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@RedCobra.7693 said:problem is it will take a while for new steam players to get to that point before they complain on steam

Wow someone was bored/busy in the forums lol

Lag wise, it's sad when I lag less in WvW when there is a ZvZvZ fight involving about 90-100ish people in 1 concentrated area than in PvE

just killing time haha, forums aren't as popular as they used to be.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:The pof zones has lagged for years how is ppl now bothering

I personally have had few problems over the years with PoF in general. My PC is ancient at this point, I expect a rough time in a lot of places. However the general performance on these maps and other areas such as the S4 maps and LA have gradually gotten much worse recently (the past couple of months for me) with huge lag spikes affecting everyone on the map and FPS drops inconsistent with a stable server.

I want the best for GW2, I adore this game and want to see it do well. This issue really needs addressing prior to the Steam release otherwise a lot of players are going to be driven away by it.

Serious, this has to be your top priority right now. More than xpacs, revenue plans, whatever. This is gonna kill the game, and Im not talking about balance or loosing a few dedicated players like me. Steam players are gonna come here, see a game from 2012 that should run smooth as velvet. Than they find the lag is out of control, and find out that it HAS been out of control for months. Its gonna destroy this game reputation.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:The pof zones has lagged for years how is ppl now bothering

Well, I came back to the game few months after PoF release (I bought the game on release in 2012 and stopped playing after few months). Played HoT, LS3 then PoF till LS4 ep 4? (The one with roller beetle). Then I took a break for about year, and came back few months ago. I don't recall any big issues with lags back then. Sure, it spiked from time to time, had 1 or 2 DCs during story mode but that was it. It was never like map being laggy with 5-10s freezes. So thing is, something occured during my last break.

Okay, I've started ignoring the nags asking me to switch to more populated maps, and generally, the lag is almost non-existent on maps with fewer players.As soon as the population starts to go up again, lag becomes more and more frequent.

I have a background as a post production engineer, with a focus on shared storage environments. I know that the more clients I have connected to my shared storage servers, the more network and disk bandwidth I will need to support those users, otherwise they will start experiencing frame drops while editing.

This feels very much like that sort of situation, where the "server" (map) doesn't have enough resources to cope with the number of "clients" (players).I understand that ANet utilise AWS in order to provide server hosting.May I suggest they either:1) Pay Amazon for more compute poweror2) Lower the player limit cap on maps in order to reduce strain on each map instance

@"Mungrul.9358" said:Okay, I've started ignoring the nags asking me to switch to more populated maps, and generally, the lag is almost non-existent on maps with fewer players.As soon as the population starts to go up again, lag becomes more and more frequent.

I have a background as a post production engineer, with a focus on shared storage environments. I know that the more clients I have connected to my shared storage servers, the more network and disk bandwidth I will need to support those users, otherwise they will start experiencing frame drops while editing.

This feels very much like that sort of situation, where the "server" (map) doesn't have enough resources to cope with the number of "clients" (players).I understand that ANet utilise AWS in order to provide server hosting.May I suggest they either:1) Pay Amazon for more compute poweror2) Lower the player limit cap on maps in order to reduce strain on each map instance

They are testing that very thing, as they have stated.