Firebrand is allowed to do Too Much in fractal

Jacky.7658

I am mainly talking about heal firebrand.

When I first joined this game, I ask people which class should I play?

They say: you can try any profession you like, because due to build system, almost every class can heal/dps/support.

But then after reaching the end game I find it is not the case.

Heal Firebrand is the only wanted healer in fractal cms/T4. I played multiple healing spec (druid, hb, tempest). And by comparison HB is allowed to do way too much.

It can give all 12 boons except alacrity. (If you don't count condition->boon conversion)

Due to prevalence of consecutive CC from mobs, stability is very important. However, only HB here can give multiple stacks of stability, and more than one skill can do this!

Moreover, it can give a lot, a lot of aegis, which simply negates many mechanics for other players.

It is also the only spec among these healers that can give quickness. How is this fair to other healing spec?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fb should lose acces to core utillity and passive effect on virtue and make books function with cd like maybe 60 secfor f1 70sec for f2, 100sec for f3 and is not affected by alarcity. This would balance it and maybe remove stability from mantras aegis is guards special boon so stab could be moved to hscourge or tempest. Especs should have acces to core skills they only habe acces to their respective skill bars this would also make core classes desired

well it was druid that dominate the heal support role before. think about it, in the Meta world, people will pick 1 healer and fill the rest with dps as much as possible or as much as the group can sustain. it was druid and chrono before now hfb and rev. you cant just continue to nerf a profession that players enjoy because when you do that, there is a high chance that the player will stop playing. we had druid before, and no one wants druid and chrono now... so people adjust to hfb and rev now.. I played both professions (hfb and alaren) and druid and tempest and am learning heal engineer now.. I don't even see why the complain about it, you either chose dps or support. so pick that profession and play it.

Agree with talindra. I mained chrono for fractal and raid for 2yrs.It was hard for me to go guardian.Now I main guardian. I will just move to different meta if they nerf it.There will always be 1 meta and people will choose that over other because everything is about saving that 2 minutes in run without exception. This is our culture in gw2, now live with it.

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:Fb should lose acces to core utillity and passive effect on virtue and make books function with cd like maybe 60 secfor f1 70sec for f2, 100sec for f3 and is not affected by alarcity. This would balance it and maybe remove stability from mantras aegis is guards special boon so stab could be moved to hscourge or tempest

How would that work though? Guardian is through and through designed with the passive Virtue effects in mind, especially for condition builds with Justice (linked to more Traits than I care to list), which along with support is one of the primary functions of Firebrand.

Similarly HFB support builds run things like Battle Presence with Absolute Resolution and Purity of Body, all of which relies on the Resolve passive.

You can't just take these things out and invalidate a sizeable chunk of Traits/core profession design, which then would all have to be reworked, essentially taking the whole (well designed) profession design apart.

Increasing the Tome CD's by 20 seconds, or especially doubling the Justice CD, much like your suggested Virtue passive removal, just kills condition builds, while not affecting HFB drastically, aside from making the Tomes a rather forgettable since barely used and therefor unfun mechanic.Making specific skills not affected by Alacrity just seems very arbitrary and clunky.

What support viability really just comes down to is Quickness/Alacrity access, especially for Fractals, as well as 10 man Target caps for Raids.

hScourge and Tempest have neither (although Chrono + Tempest is a viable support duo for Fractals at least), which is why they are held behind as niche off-/training healer. Giving them out of theme Stability (and taking in theme stability away from Guardian) won't change their viability levels.

Renegade is just as much a star of this Meta as FB, hScourge and Tempest just can't be combined with it and if FB didn't have Quickness access it would be in the same spot (and with no other Quickness provider we would just be back to Chrono, bc you gotta have quickness).

Anet had a chance to change things up with the DM rework, making it a Trait line revolving around minion (and party) support, giving it some AoE Quickness for Minions and allies among other things for example, but that didn't happen.Similarly they could rework Sand Savant to be purely a supportive Trait, removing the Damage and Torment from Shade abilities and replacing it with Healing and Might, and maybe adding something like "Grant Alacrity to allies when you apply Barriers to them" to it.Tearing apart core Guardian design isn't the way to go about this though.

The problem in dictating the support Meta is and always has been Quickness/Alacrity availability.

Give Scourge for example Alacrity and Tempest Quickness, so they can slot into either Renegade or Firebrand of the comp, and you are mostly good to go, with Renegade + Firebrand, Tempest + Renegade, Scourge + Firebrand, Scourge + Tempest, Chrono + All all being viable 5 man content support duos then.

Without either Quickness or Alacrity on "alternatives", it doesn't really matter how much you tear Revenant or Guardian (needlessly) apart - you got to have those boons covered anyway.That said, there will always be a most optimal spec/comp.

While Firebrand is very strong, it's not in the same problematic spot that pre-nerf Chrono was in, where it just did absolutely everything (all boons, including both Quickness and Alacrity, boon rip, almost all CC needed, ad pulls, portal blink skips, etc.), with nothing ever being able to compete.There is currently room for alternative supports to Renegade and Firebrand, but they need either Quickness or Alacrity to slot in, which nobody else has.

Hot take, Guardian is actually fine and has strong builds across all gamemodes that work well with healthy variety of use cases and functions. How about instead of making this one thing that is actually good in this game worse... we make other things better instead?

You know, like about 4 possible supports that are just not viable in PvE because they offer less? Making chrono less tedious for boonsupport, perhaps? Bringing druid back? Tempest having more stuff to offer as a support? Revenant's pony mode being a thing that isn't downright annoying to use at last? Scourge leaving meme status by having actual synergy with other specs?

Before guardian there was Magi druid, they nerfed that and healers started using Healbrand, dont blame a class for how it works, the meta shifts from time to time so theres no point in complaining about one class being useful in one or two aspects of the game. So what if guardian does a lot of support? How does that hinders your gameplay?

Builds get nerfed, but the game and it's players won't change. Chronomancers used to be the must-have in Fractals until they got nerfed hard. Then Firebrands took over and will continue to hold this spot until they get nerfed (if people complain enough). After that something else will be the best-in-slot and the cycle continues, etc...

Frankly, there will always be a superior build for any given task. And it most likely won't be the build "you like to play". People need to either be open to playing multiple builds and even classes or they need to stop focusing on always wanting to play the best thing avaible if they refuse to play anything but the one build they like. The game is currently a bit of a mess BUT there will never be this true balance no matter what.Those who told you that every class can do everything equally well and at the highest level, unless you misunderstood them, clearly had no idea what they are talking about.

Having played chrono , firebrand, and renegade because a DPS slot is so easy to fill, I have to make some observations.

1. mantra of solace is probably the real overloaded skill for firebrands : it's traited for quickness and provides aegis for the entire party (if stacked) on a low cooldown , while requiring no resource investment if you're just using it for aegis. It's already been nerfed in PVP/WVW but only in terms of the healing numbers. You can look at every firebrand build yourself and decide.
    • Is Bane Signet/Signet of Wrath broken? I doubt it.
    • Is Sword of Justice broken? It can't even hit most things that are moving. It only excels against large amounts of trash mobs due to the cleave and Virtue of Justice procs.
    • Is Mantra of Potence broken? Probably not, it just outputs might and quickness on 10-12s base ammo cooldown. If it were hurt heavily, as long as Stalwart Speed exists in its current iteration people would swap it to "Stand your Ground" for quickness on stability or "Retreat" for quickness on aegis.
    • Is "Feel my Wrath" broken? It's been nerfed and isn't all that strong on DHs now. Without boon duration you only have 6s with 30s cooldown , and 3s on others. For a party of 5 I wouldn't think this needs looking at. The cooldown on mantra of liberation is actually lower and if you run Stalwart Speed that also applies quickness to others too.
    • shield skills aren't strong offensively so running it is a damage loss (i.e. a tradeoff)
    • Battle Presence is a damage loss because you end up running virtues without Permeating Wrath , so it's a tradeoff
    • Touching sword , scepter, focus, or greatsword are all poor ideas because DH is only about power burst right now , the sustained damage isn't mindblowing
  2. firebrand mantras have 3 charges and those charges are far lower than mesmers' to the point that with Weighty Terms they're under 10s cooldowns before alacrity : they could be doubled to 20-25s cooldown in all modes and still be strong if there's 3 charges
  3. mesmers never had decent group fury or might , which is why druids were used as well as pack runes ; alacrity on mesmers now requires a hefty investment unless you run double chrono (you'd still need boon duration). People like to complain about chrono but druids were as much a part of the duo. In addition, a benchmarks with Danger Time traited aren't rooted in reality especially if it's a 5 man group.
  4. wells are utterly unreliable so renegades will remain the preferred choice for alacrity--- in 100cm people are asking for double condi renegade RR (Righteous Rebel) for minimal damage loss because there's 0 boon duration required yet benches ~ 34-35K
  5. if you nerf quickness output people will just stack firebrands. Stacking firebrands and/or chronos has been the response instead of a different class because there's no other classes with quickness (to the point that 10x chrono was a thing). We already see this with 100cm groups looking for condi quickbrands to stack aegis.
  6. guardian quickness output had been nerfed with the "Feel My Wrath" change, but I felt the change didn't work because the Potent Haste skill on Mantra of Potence should be lengthened and Liberator's Vow (quickness on heal skill) as well as Mantra of Solace charges could have been increased cooldowns to make more investment besides Firebrand rune required. If you are running Stalwart Speed essentially you only need 25% boon duration if running Liberator's Vow because mantra charges are so low cooldown, even more so with alacrity.--- what you ended up with is cQB instead of DH in all cases where a power burst isn't essential--- If 40-50% boon duration gets you half uptime, people would just run 2+ firebrands similar to dual chrono because aegis is that strong versus high damage potentially lethal attacks
  7. Focus and torch are decent enough offhands then running a shield means that you lose some damage. Running staff is a huge damage loss so it's a tradeoff.
  8. Arenanet should probably stop making traits that do more than 2 things on one skill , it's bad for competitive modes as well.
  9. Your argument that firebrands can stack multiple stacks of stability doesn't mean much when you likely won't have stability removed more than once in the duration. Also for places like Siren's Reef the pushes on the boat ignore stability , so do water pushes in Sunqua Peak.

Well the way I see it quickness itself ought to be scaled back similar to how alacrity was reduced from 66% to 33% down to 25%. A reduction of health on bosses would also be inline if quickness was reduced, which would be better for groups not having quickness as well. Unlike alacrity which requires people to be using skills, quickness makes even someone auto-attacking do substantially more damage so its efficacy is higher. Quickness also substantially lowers the risk in competitive modes on skills such as meteor shower , hundred blades, arc divider, rite of the great dwarf , executioner's scythe , soul spiral, empower, signet of mercy, hunter's ward, and barrage. Lowering quickness effectiveness would also be an indirect improvement to power revenants wanting to run damage as some of the utilities and weapon skills ignore quickness.

Having guardian as the dominant PvE profession is actually healthier for the game because there's more guardian players than other classes and the gearing is not as gated as for renegades (which is why you have "LF alac" so often). I doubt you want a replay of the "LF boon chrono" for one hour only to get a questionable quality chrono (due to the higher skill level for chrono play versus firebrand).

If you just nerf firebrand overall then it won't solve the underlying issue. If running 3 DPS slots (yes, stanceshare soulbeast and berserker count as DPS), 1 alac and 1 full support or 4 DPS and a full boon chrono is better than running 5 DPS , people will always opt for the safer option.

If scourge is to be more attractive as a support then there ought to be more chill/slow and PBAOE damage from bosses and the base boon duration of a condition to boon conversion could be lengthened for PVE. If you look at the Cold War Strike mission with Frigid Footfalls (10% max HP per tick + pulsing chill), scourges can basically convert all that chill to alacrity for their party while not standing in it. Nefarious Favor is on 5 cooldown in PvE after all ; Abrasive Grit trait is optional (for more might). It's a similar case for tempests and scrappers especially (condi to boon conversion is their thing). Siren's Reef is a good example of where scourge is a decent pick.

@Gogdarth.6741 said:Hot take, Guardian is actually fine and has strong builds across all gamemodes that work well with healthy variety of use cases and functions. How about instead of making this one thing that is actually good in this game worse... we make other things better instead?

You know, like about 4 possible supports that are just not viable in PvE because they offer less? Making chrono less tedious for boonsupport, perhaps? Bringing druid back? Tempest having more stuff to offer as a support? Revenant's pony mode being a thing that isn't downright annoying to use at last? Scourge leaving meme status by having actual synergy with other specs?

I agree, Things need to be brought up to the level.... not the level and bar be lowered for them to skate through.

@Jacky.7658 said:I am mainly talking about heal firebrand.

When I first joined this game, I ask people which class should I play?

They say: you can try any profession you like, because due to build system, almost every class can heal/dps/support.

But then after reaching the end game I find it is not the case.

Heal Firebrand is the only wanted healer in fractal cms/T4. I played multiple healing spec (druid, hb, tempest). And by comparison HB is allowed to do way too much.

They weren't wrong, but also weren't specific enough.. Raids, fractals, dungeons, and strikes all have different group compositions depending on the goal. Fractals is even more seperated from the group because potions give extra stats so you can run different builds with more damage, healing, boon support, etc.

It can give all 12 boons except alacrity. (If you don't count condition->boon conversion)

Due to prevalence of consecutive CC from mobs, stability is very important. However, only HB here can give multiple stacks of stability, and more than one skill can do this!

You don't necessarily need stability to get past every CC, you can interrupt most attacks, block, or just outright evade/dps the mob down before it can use that attack. Also, unless it's No Pain, No Gain, or some other mechanic, the renegade covers stability

Moreover, it can give a lot, a lot of aegis, which simply negates many mechanics for other players.

Power/Condi quickbrand can do the same, it's just tighter timing.

It is also the only spec among these healers that can give quickness. How is this fair to other healing spec?Druid gives spirit buffs and spotter along with 10 man might.

Tempest has rebound, auras, and 10 man healing and might.

Scourge has the best aoe rez in the game.

Healbrand gives the best damage mitigation.

Healscrapper cleanses conditions like no one else

Healren has the highest single skill use healing in the game while providing perma protection and alacrity with 5 man might (avg. 10 stacks)

Mesmer and Warrior are the only two classes without much in the way of a heal spec that's effective.

A change is to make quickness a personal boon wich can only be applied once per 50seconds or simply replace the the trait quckness with swiftness wich makes more sence than quickness and tone down mantra of potence maybe drop might no skill in my opinion should give more than 1 boon. Change axe symbol to provide resistance unstead of fury and raise cd on sword symbol

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:A change is to make quickness a personal boon wich can only be applied once per 50seconds or simply replace the the trait quckness with swiftness wich makes more sence than quickness and tone down mantra of potence maybe drop might no skill in my opinion should give more than 1 boon. Change axe symbol to provide resistance unstead of fury and raise cd on sword symbol

Im glad you are not part of the balance team. Cd increase on sword symbol would just make it worse than scepter. Resistance on axe would be the most broken thing. Removing quickness would just completely remove it from the group and we would be back to mesmer only comps.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:I agree, Things need to be brought up to the level.... not the level and bar be lowered for them to skate through.

Eh, to make other supports on par they'd need to cut cooldowns in half basically...Even ammo or mesmer mantra utility skills generally are 15-25s recharge , scourges' sand shades are 8s ammo cooldown in PvE with no other effect besides might , 2s torment, and 1s burn if you run dhuumfire. With abrasive grit the shades also produce might and remove conditions, but it requires investment via traits. The barrier generation is less potent than aegis output because barrier won't negate potentially lethal damage, only offset smaller packet damage.

Unless you are running condi variant of chrono for clones to shatter (which isn't as relevant except in 100cm where the confusion and torment condi works) you won't have another quickness output that can spit out quickness in <10s interval without weapon-swapping to the recently buffed version of greatsword (which means you're limited by weapon swap) assuming your clones don't die to random attacks and AoE. Base duration on Seize the Moment is 1.5s per clone and luckily due to recent changes the Mesmer itself counts as one clone. Mind Wrack (F1 shatter) has a 12s base cooldown. With a one clone shatter and 100% boon duration you're barely on par with a +50% quickness duration firebrand and you wouldn't have aegis output nearly as often either. You could run Deceptive Evasion rather than Superiority Complex but that's a damage loss of over 15% since it's a damage multiplier and you'd need to use dodges for clone generation which is cumbersome.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:Fb should lose acces to core utillity and passive effect on virtue and make books function with cd like maybe 60 secfor f1 70sec for f2, 100sec for f3 and is not affected by alarcity. This would balance it and maybe remove stability from mantras aegis is guards special boon so stab could be moved to hscourge or tempest. Especs should have acces to core skills they only habe acces to their respective skill bars this would also make core classes desiredThat's a terrible idea. I'd even suggest that aegis is stronger in PVE than stability is.Giving even more stability to heal scourge or tempest is just really shortsighted because stability application for PvE purposes can be done by renegades in dwarf legend already. All that will do is make bunker scourges (which have stability with Trail of Anguish already for both self and party) and tempests (pretty much only Rock Solid trait for party / Armor of Earth + Harmonious Conduit for self stability) even more busted to deal with in competitive modes.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:A change is to make quickness a personal boon wich can only be applied once per 50seconds or simply replace the the trait quckness with swiftness wich makes more sence than quickness and tone down mantra of potence maybe drop might no skill in my opinion should give more than 1 boon. Change axe symbol to provide resistance unstead of fury and raise cd on sword symbolIt seems you have a vendetta against firebrands, that would not help at all. If you nerf mantra of potence to non-existence then people would just stack firebrands with mantra of solace + "Feel My Wrath" to proc quickness or run chronos which generally are much less forgiving and harder to fill in groups. Make quickness semi-useless and leave mantra of solace in its current state and you'd still have people stacking firebrands for the aegis output to ignore mechanics with next to no DPS loss because heal slot isn't used for DPS.

Likewise making axe symbols provide resistance is broken for PVP/WVW and raising cooldowns on sword symbol does nothing because people run sword on DH and core guardian as well. It doesn't solve the root issues.

Dropping quickness effectiveness overall in all game modes would level the playing field for other support specs if the 100% duration quickness specs aren't 70% of the damage of a full DPS.For example if you run 5 DPS that do X damage , we can call that 5X damage. If 4 DPS + one full quickness support does 4X*1.5= > 6X damage once you include the damage from support, it's already ahead of 5 DPS. In a no heal comp for bosses with only large attacks that seldom occur , with a cQB or two it's even more broken because in actuality the cQB does maybe 70% of a full DPS.

That's why I stated above quickness should probably be something akin to 20-25% rather than 50%. That's essentially what happened with alacrity, it was 66% recharge reduction, then 33% in a span of months, then dropped finally to 25% in 2018.

If Firebrand is the only thing to be touched rather than quickness:

I'd much rather mantra of solace have roughly double the charge cooldown in all modes and its healing in competitive modes returned to at least its previous levels so that it isn't as risky in PVP/WVW. That's ultimately what sets it apart from Dragonhunter besides Mantra of Potence. It would also mean if you use the 3rd charge it isn't as big a drawback. Mantra of Solace proccing both Liberator's Vow (~2.4s quickness with 20% boon duration, 3s quickness with 50% boon duration as in meta builds, 4s quickness with 100% boon duration) and Stalwart Speed (3s quickness with 50% boon duration, 4s quickness with 100% boon duration) is the main culprit , there's no need to nuke the rest of firebrand for a single aspect.--- if mantras only had 2 charges as on mesmers with no other skill changes instead of higher cooldown close to the mantra's unprepared cooldown then you'd continue to have the scenario where using the last charge is extremely unfavorable especially since charges don't require stopping what you're doing---Stalwart Speed only affecting stability and not aegis (which you can get from shield and Retreat! also, not just mantra of solace) would mean people would carry "Stand your Ground" and Mantra of Liberation more often which is healthier for the game as well but doesn't hit mantra of solace directly. Stability from tome of courage would be a non-issue since tome of courage is not available on a low cooldown. In Sunqua Peak all boons are stripped at the start so pre-boon is not possible. Because the culprit is the cooldown on Mantra of Solace, I don't think a change to Stalwart speed is as warranted. Leaving it as is but hitting Mantra of Solace charges instead would allow people to use shield aegis and/or other sources of aegis to output quickness and shield lowers damage output so it doesn't come without tradeoffs.--- people could still stack firebrands regardless so this is a less ideal solution

They ran Druid+Chrono back then, they run HB+Alacren now. If they nerf HB, they'll end up buffing some other support and that will become the new meta. How about we skip the nerfs and just buff the currently underperforming support specs instead?

The biggest issue with FB at the moment is the fact that you only need ~24% BD for permanent quickness. While you lose some of your damage output with the trait swaps and util changes, the damage output is still too high for something that also maintains such a strong boon on their party. In a raid scenario, cqb ends up contributing something silly like >60k squad dps.

Regarding quickness, there are a few simple options to play around with:This first one is probably mandatory: Rebalance Firebrand runes. When quickness is the only boon you care about, these runes offer unparalleled stat value. 40% duration is the equivalent of 600 points of concentration, and then you have to consider the +175 condition damage on top. While it's nice that the rune set named after the specialization synergizes with it, it's just too good at the moment.

Mix-and-match these tweaks to get whatever desired result.

• Nerf heal and quickness mantra recharges from 12s to 15s. Has a minimal effect on other builds, but mandates a much higher boon duration number.
  • Nerf the quickness mantra base duration from 2.5s to 2s.
  • Remove the quickness from the Stalwart Speed trait (i.e. give it a different boon, or rework it into something else entirely).Don't do all three, as that would push the required BD number to 118%, and people would just start running whatever the most efficient combination of two quickness givers is for 100%. Role compression is actually a very good thing for casual PvE play, as you spend less time waiting around for a specific class.

@cat.8975 said:They ran Druid+Chrono back then, they run HB+Alacren now. If they nerf HB, they'll end up buffing some other support and that will become the new meta. How about we skip the nerfs and just buff the currently underperforming support specs instead?

Exactly. Luckily the Chrono days where one spec can do literally all boons, all CC, all boon strip, all ad pulls, all skips etc. in one package are over. FB is strong, and while it could take some very careful shaves, there are ways for other supports to slot into the meta, if Quickness/Alacrity was in the picture for them.

@cat.8975 said:The biggest issue with FB at the moment is the fact that you only need ~24% BD for permanent quickness. While you lose some of your damage output with the trait swaps and util changes, the damage output is still too high for something that also maintains such a strong boon on their party. In a raid scenario, cqb ends up contributing something silly like >60k squad dps.

It's kind of problematic that FB relies on multiple sources of extremely short (2 seconds) Quickness, rather than 1-2 Skills/Traits providing long duration Quickness, as that essentially means it scales very poorly with Boon Duration and also that not much of it is needed.

As for the Squad DPS, tbf it's not alone in this with things such as Bannerslaves adding ridiculous amounts as well, maybe being even more silly as it's in the form of unique buffs which can be stacked on top of crazy boons such as Quickness.But really anything that provides Quickness to a group is going to net you insane group DPS increases, that's just the nature of support/hybrids and how strong boons are.Old 10 man Chrono basically was responsible for 50% of a whole Raid Squads DPS with it's boons, while tanking, boon stripping, CC'ing, doing skips, pulls etc.Druid doing 25 Might for 10 people im sure comes out to insane numbers as well, especially with things like Spotter and 10 man Frost etc., added on top.

@cat.8975 said:Regarding quickness, there are a few simple options to play around with:This first one is probably mandatory: Rebalance Firebrand runes. When quickness is the only boon you care about, these runes offer unparalleled stat value. 40% duration is the equivalent of 600 points of concentration, and then you have to consider the +175 condition damage on top. While it's nice that the rune set named after the specialization synergizes with it, it's just too good at the moment.

Mix-and-match these tweaks to get whatever desired result.

• Nerf heal and quickness mantra recharges from 12s to 15s. Has a minimal effect on other builds, but mandates a much higher boon duration number.
  • Nerf the quickness mantra base duration from 2.5s to 2s.
  • Remove the quickness from the Stalwart Speed trait (i.e. give it a different boon, or rework it into something else entirely).Don't do all three, as that would push the required BD number to 118%, and people would just start running whatever the most efficient combination of two quickness givers is for 100%. Role compression is actually a very good thing for casual PvE play, as you spend less time waiting around for a specific class.

It's not that I necessarily disagree with any of that, I'm just not sure what any of those nerfs would actually do.Sure, FB may have to swap to Diviner Power Quickbrand or run some Plaguedoctor or w/e pieces on Condi with some other Runes for the BD and you would have reduced it's personal damage contribution by a bit, but it's still going to be Quickbrand + Chrono + Renegade regardless, just worse - because you got to have Quickness.

Unless Anet opens up the avenues for other professions to spec into giving those boons, no chopping into the very few professions that do currently have them is going to change anything viability wise.It's just going to make FB unenjoyable and clunky with different Mantra recharge timings or force them to run more BD at a minor personal DPS loss, or even worse, cause people to just stack 2-4 of them, forgoing the low value BD on 2 sec Quickness giving skills altogether as lower base boon duration makes Concentration less and less valuable, encouraging to forgo it altogether in favour of multiplying the source.

Now that uber Chrono, blocking viability of everything else by doing literally everything and better, doesn't exist anymore, we imo just need more variety in Specs/supports that are able to provide these vital and incredibly powerful boons.If there then still is no competition with things being at least functionality wise on an even playing field, then things can be looked at further with minor adjustments.

Can't help that healing is is not that powerfull after the instabilites rework, compared to other healers FB is mediocre at best, with the exception of the very potent burst you get on F2, but pure raw healing it's not that great.But Fractals nowadays are all about dying in one or two hit by the most basic mob, let's say you are a Berserker Ele, playing any fractal, and today instabilitires are Outflanked and Frailty, you take any other healer that's not a Firebrand or a Barrier Necro (maybe Scrapper), and you will be on the ground 9 out of 10 times, you have 8k HP, most mobs will hit for 10k from behind, you can't heal or regen that lol.

@Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:Can't help that healing is is not that powerfull after the instabilites rework, compared to other healers FB is mediocre at best, with the exception of the very potent burst you get on F2, but pure raw healing it's not that great.But Fractals nowadays are all about dying in one or two hit by the most basic mob, let's say you are a Berserker Ele, playing any fractal, and today instabilitires are Outflanked and Frailty, you take any other healer that's not a Firebrand or a Barrier Necro (maybe Scrapper), and you will be on the ground 9 out of 10 times, you have 8k HP, most mobs will hit for 10k from behind, you can't heal or regen that lol.

Then dont wear berserker use maurader or soldier gear