Voice acting in living worlds episodes

Xell.4623

Okay, so I know that because of the coronavirus there are no voice actors recording in the studio but, I was wondering if we can get an ETA for the voice lines.We've all seen the statement that they shared on youtube and, despite the fact that I think they can record remotely, I understand the decisions. However, with the trailer of the new expansion End of Dragons I got confused about whether or not you record in the studio.

I know that the trailer requires less voice acting than the living world episodes and you probably worry about the quality of the episodes if voice actors use their equipment at home but in my opinion, lower quality voice lines are better than no voice lines but with humming and moaning.

@"Xell.4623" said:Okay, so I know that because of the coronavirus there are no voice actors recording in the studio but, I was wondering if we can get an ETA for the voice lines.We've all seen the statement that they shared on youtube and, despite the fact that I think they can record remotely, I understand the decisions. However, with the trailer of the new expansion End of Dragons I got confused about whether or not you record in the studio.

I know that the trailer requires less voice acting than the living world episodes and you probably worry about the quality of the episodes if voice actors use their equipment at home but in my opinion, lower quality voice lines are better than no voice lines but with humming and moaning.

Seems the update was unstickied, they are now recording from home: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110653/an-update-regarding-voice-acting-in-guild-wars-2/p1

• 2 weeks later...

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Thenme.6491 said:is it voiced yet? it is almost the end of September

They advised that they would be recording in September, unknown when it will be released. Saving my alt play throughs for when it’s voice recorded.

they suggested that by September, the cutscenes would have been finished and that in September they would begin doing the rest of the content (voicing npc's,foes, etc). since I only care for the instanced content (story) being voiced and don't mind at all everything else being non-voiced (and I assumed most of the skippers feel the same) I have expected for this part to be the main focus and already voiced? for those not skipping, Is it entirely not voiced and they are going to bring all voices at once or is there voice speech here and there being added within updates?

@Thenme.6491 said:

They advised that they would be recording in September, unknown when it will be released. Saving my alt play throughs for when it’s voice recorded.

they suggested that by September, the cutscenes would have been finished and that in September they would begin doing the rest of the content (voicing npc's,foes, etc). since I only care for the instanced content (story) being voiced and don't mind at all everything else being non-voiced (and I assumed most of the skippers feel the same) I have expected for this part to be the main focus and already voiced? for those not skipping, Is it entirely not voiced and they are going to bring all voices at once or is there voice speech here and there being added within updates?

It is entirely possible they have done the recordings for those episodes, but might taking the chance to record the forthcoming episode(s) as well.

They'll also wait until a Tuesday to release anything as that is standard patch day, so anything ready might wait to be bundled with other stuff

Or they are just running a bit behind. Understandable given the situation

@Randulf.7614 said:

It is entirely possible they have done the recordings for those episodes, but might taking the chance to record the forthcoming episode(s) as well.

They'll also wait until a Tuesday to release anything as that is standard patch day, so anything ready might wait to be bundled with other stuff

Or they are just running a bit behind. Understandable given the situation

It may have pushed things back if there is an update upcoming, which adds the voice acting

• 1 month later...