What to do with excessive amounts of WvW currency & tokens & emblems?

Adzekul.3104

So I admit this is a luxury problem: I play a lot of WvW (Mithril ranked now, after 4 years) and I have thousands of unused WvW currencies and tokens and emblems, and I do not know what to do with them. Advice from the community would be nice, but it also might be nice if this helps to influence some QoL changes in WvW (i.e. a way to sell/salvage Emblems for something useful):

• 70k+ Badges of Honour
  • 18k+ WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets
  • circa 2.5k Proofs of Heroics
  • 11k+ Testimonies of Heroics
  • 200+ Emblems of the Avenger
  • 25 Emblems of the Conqueror

I am not looking for changes that break the economy, but it would be nice to have uses for these things. With that in mind, I do not need any more:

• Confluxes or Slumbering Confluxes
  • Legendary Back Items
  • Hero Points
  • Characters or Character Slots (9 is enough)
  • Ascended Weapons, Armour pieces or Trinkets
  • (and I suspect I do not need more Legendary Armour sets, since I have 4 already, incl all 3 WvW sets)

What I could use are:

• Mystic Clovers and other things needed for crafting Legendary Weapons (incl Amalgamated Gemstones, Mystic Coins and T3/T4/T6 mats -- but not T5)
  • Ways to speed up map completion for Gift of Exploration
  • Mats used to make Agony + Stat infusions for Fractals (i.e. Stabilizing Matrices)
  • Ascended Cooking ingredients
  • Boxes of WvW Supplies and/or other things that increase my WvW rank so that I do not have to grind for 5 more years to get "God of WvW"
  • Tokens & Currenies for other game modes like PvE raids (i.e. Gaeting Crystals & Legendary Divinations & maybe Legendary Insights) and SPvP

So I am interested in thoughts & suggestions. I am also active in Fractals, PvE raids and (sometimes) PvP as you can see from the list above. The abilty to spend game mode X currency in game mode Y will likely never happen, but could make for a huge QoL improvement if it could ever be justified.

@"Adzekul.3104" said:So I admit this is a luxury problem: I play a lot of WvW (Mithril ranked now, after 4 years) and I have thousands of unused WvW currencies and tokens and emblems, and I do not know what to do with them. Advice from the community would be nice, but it also might be nice if this helps to influence some QoL changes in WvW (i.e. a way to sell/salvage Emblems for something useful):

• 70k+ Badges of Honour

These can be converted into silver: I would guess you know how, and it takes buyers on the TP but you have potential of quite a bit of gold there.

18k+ WvW Skirmish Claim Ticketscirca 2.5k Proofs of Heroics11k+ Testimonies of Heroics

Yeah.., for those of us that play often and for long periods, these three are just going to pile up. I would love (even if it was slightly convoluted) a way to convert them into a currency for other things. Clovers would be great.

Though, since the proofs and testimonies have a vendor, it’s too bad they don’t include some crafting mats there.

200+ Emblems of the Avenger

Would love a vendor value like legendary spikes for these.

25 Emblems of the Conqueror

Same as avengers...

I am not looking for changes that break the economy, but it would be nice to have uses for these things. With that in mind, I do not need any more:

• Legendary Back Items
  • Hero Points
  • (and I suspect I do not need more Legendary Armour sets, since I have 4 already, incl all 3 WvW sets)

What I could use are:

• Mystic Clovers and other things needed for crafting Legendary Weapons (incl Amalgamated Gemstones, Mystic Coins and T3/T4/T6 mats -- but not T5)
  • Mats used to make Agony + Stat infusions for Fractals (i.e. Stabilizing Matrices)
  • Boxes of WvW Supplies and/or other things that increase my WvW rank so that I do not have to grind for 5 more years to get "God of WvW"
  • Tokens & Currenies for other game modes like PvE raids (i.e. Gaeting Crystals & Legendary Divinations & maybe Legendary Insights) and SPvP

So I am interested in thoughts & suggestions. I am also active in Fractals, PvE raids and (sometimes) PvP as you can see from the list above. The abilty to spend game mode X currency in game mode Y will likely never happen, but could make for a huge QoL improvement if it could ever be justified.

We're lacking sinks for several major things:

• WvW currencies, I think these mainly need to go towards Legendary mats like Mystic Clovers, as you said.
  • All the HoT currencies like Auric Dust, which need gobblers.
  • Spirit Shards, once you have about 5-10k no amount of promotion/etc. can use them all. Spirit Banners are only a stopgap.

Also, I find it kind of silly that we have a Memory Gobbler, when Memories of Battle are always high-value, so almost no one uses it. It should be repurposed to gobble up some of the WvW mats and currencies that you can't sell.

One thing I would absolutely love is for banners to be available for purchase with Proof of Heroics, the same way they're available from the Guild Commendation Trader. With the decline in population its harder for smaller guilds to keep banners crafted.

IMO they need account-bound recipes using emblems and/or testimonies of Heroics that make heal utility (not food) as well as sharpening stone stations.Not sure what they can do about emblems other than that.

Badges of honor are a wallet currency so ultimately other than making badges of tribute and the like it really isn't a problem in terms of space. Right now the best use of testimonies of heroics if you want gold is to make Firebrand runes, Renegade runes, or some other meta rune. It's also a wallet currency so it isn't as large an issue as emblems are.

Re: Mats used to make Agony + Stat infusions for Fractals (i.e. Stabilizing Matrices)Maybe a way to combine the +5 WvW infusion with a +9 agony infusion so people without multiple sets of legendary armor don't need to make a second set of ascended Berserker to play revenant or other DPS would be beneficial.

Re: Ascended Cooking ingredientsThese could be added into the herb nodes, not sure why they aren't since the meat does drop in WVW from yaks.

Re: Ways to speed up map completion for Gift of ExplorationIn lieu of gift of exploration, probably a way to upgrade a mistforged weapon from WVW to legendary functionality would be a possibility.

Re: Boxes of WvW Supplies and/or other things that increase my WvW rank so that I do not have to grind for 5 more years to get "God of WvW"It's more likely they give you exp boosters rather than outright increasing rank.

Re: Tokens & Currenies for other game modes like PvE raids (i.e. Gaeting Crystals & Legendary Divinations & maybe Legendary Insights) and SPvPThey aren't going to allow a trade into PVE instanced content currency, that's for sure.

@"Adzekul.3104" said:So I admit this is a luxury problem: I play a lot of WvW (Mithril ranked now, after 4 years) and I have thousands of unused WvW currencies and tokens and emblems, and I do not know what to do with them. Advice from the community would be nice, but it also might be nice if this helps to influence some QoL changes in WvW (i.e. a way to sell/salvage Emblems for something useful):

• 70k+ Badges of Honour
  • 18k+ WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets
  • circa 2.5k Proofs of Heroics
  • 11k+ Testimonies of Heroics
  • 200+ Emblems of the Avenger
  • 25 Emblems of the Conqueror

• Legendary Back Items
  • Hero Points

What I could use are:

Irenio mentioned updating wvw rewards during a live stream so save your currencies.

The uncomfortable truth: You're supposed to put your stocked tickets etc., into alternate gear and alternate characters. That's the horizontal progression that this game was always designed around. For WvW it is also something of a vertical progression because the more flexible someone is the better they are at making themselves useful to their friends and adapting into whatever content is thrown at them by the opposing side.

Having too much spare material is not a luxury problem, it is the result of not playing as broad as you could. Some of that time could even have been spent on alt accounts to make yourself less susceptible to bad matchups, community collapses and transfer milking. It would be insurance against accidents you can not control. Apart from that you obviously play the way you want and if you've never experienced the setbacks and frustrations of those accidents, my hat is off to you, hopefully you will never have to.

So 9 months ago with no time table or even a hint of what actually is being added.
Warlord's Armor was added in Feb 2020 and Conflux + Transcendence was added March 2020 so that could be what was being referenced honestly.

Incidentally the emblems came with the Conflux update (March 17, 2020), so it does tie in with this topic.