World Linking 9/25/2020

Cal Cohen.2358

@Hydrium.2174 said:Yes going back to their original server is such a bandwagoning move. Also gandara and Miller/dzago RoS and many others can do the exact same thing but its only a problem when wsr does it , shows how obsessed you guys are with them.

It's none of them's original server.. But that's ok..I dont mind them going back to wsr. Just surprised since they said last time they went to ranik to get them all on one server for once..

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The players are part of the problem too, but Anet won't change a thing apart from tweaking the Algorithm for the server populations, even if Alliances are years away.

Although I think people asked about any changes to how Linkings work in their last WvW stream, so it wouldn't be a bad idea, to keep asking for some tweaks to the current Server linking system.

@"Hydrium.2174" said:Yes going back to their original server is such a bandwagoning move. Also gandara and Miller/dzago RoS and many others can do the exact same thing but its only a problem when wsr does it , shows how obsessed you guys are with them.Well, they can't really do that as they are fundamentally different organised servers. That's something that's amiss in discussions like this where there are two sides flinging poo at each other while neither looks at how the system guides decisions. This is for better or worse for different servers.

Servers that cling to some sort of server identity don't really have guilds that recruit (to stay alive and thus become split over link and host). They are also less dependent on guilds forming quality tags and often happy enough bouncing between lower tiers through clouding and PPT (sometimes PPT'ing their way up the ladder) with the occassional quality tag content.

Servers like that will obviously not fare well when being unlinked but they will not be as directly affected. Them being unlinked means that they lose the coverage and possible tags covered by the link but it doesn't necessarily outright murder their communities by tearing them apart as much less of their "host players" end up on the link. That's not to say that none of their groups are/do but they are hit by it to a much lesser degree. The downside of that is that they hobble-on and recycle old relationships, rely on returning players and the like rather than building new communities as if they started recruiting they would get more players locked out of their full status, split over their links etc., too.

Servers (or communities) that have adopted some sort of Alliance identity (though in truth, there have always been players with guild identities that bridge over into alliance identities with frienships developing between guilds, all the way back to vanilla) will need to make decisions where they put their guild and alliance before their server. It doesn't mean that they don't care about their server at all but it is definately second to their guilds and their decisions are driven by keeping their guilds alive.

With that, the people who bandwagon are not the alliance but rather the players looking to get in on the content provided by the alliance. The people outside the alliance are the bandwagon and when an alliance like that moves it is often times to shake off the bandwagon because the bandwagon causes problems for the alliance by clogging up their server so it becomes full, hinders recruitment and splits the players in the guilds of the alliance over link and host. So they move and rebuild servers to get their own players into the same server and to get away from players that stops them from recruiting.

As always, most of these underlying machinations are dealt with by the Alliance system. If it would ever come to completion...

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Hydrium.2174 said:Yes going back to their original server is such a bandwagoning move. Also gandara and Miller/dzago RoS and many others can do the exact same thing but its only a problem when wsr does it , shows how obsessed you guys are with them.

It's none of them's original server.. But that's ok..I dont mind them going back to wsr. Just surprised since they said last time they went to ranik to get them all on one server for once..

That's the lie. We were separated from our guilds. We couldn't play with our friends. I predicted they would run back to WSR because it allows another stack for 500 gems. They just can't stand losing in a mode where winning doesn't matter. Then now say form your own bandwagon like this is what is supposed to happen. Everyone transfer 300 dudes to a med pop so we can win nothing. There are good guilds and players and then a bunch of not good guilds and players that need to so outnumber their opponent for a chance to win. Which one do you think they are?

What anet should do regarding relinkings in 3 steps:

1. Remove relinkings2.1 Either: Remove linked servers and give those people transfer of their choice2.2 Or: Keep linked servers but count population status from total of main + link. Allows annual or biannual population balancing (not bimonthly)
  2. Increase Transfer costs to Medium servers to 700 gems, lower Very High servers to 1500 gems.

And yes, T1 servers will have more people than lower tiers, but that also means they're more enjoyable to play in for most people. T1 = City life, lot prefer. T4 = Rural life, some prefer.

@"Hydrium.2174" said:Yes going back to their original server is such a bandwagoning move. Also gandara and Miller/dzago RoS and many others can do the exact same thing but its only a problem when wsr does it , shows how obsessed you guys are with them.

That's funny, because why leaving it in first place? Let's stick to the facts, can we?WSR blob left WSR because they can't fight out of tier 5 after their fully stacked server and link were separated.So they decided to switch to Ranik (linked with a big server that could ppt hard enough to carry them in tier 1)Now they are back at stacking WSR while having to get carried by SFR ppt.

I understand the logic behind that, but why don't transfer back before the re-link? Oh right, you could have ended up on a full server and no one could carry you.Instead you destroyed Fort Ranik which is a completely dead server now and their new link, because the re-link was done with a "full" Fort Ranik - which will lead to more people transfering off.Additionally you destroyed WSR for many people because the queues there are now really huge - same logic here: SFR was rather Full and is now linked to another full server.

As stated, I don't really care for WSR, the server is just the best example how entitled players destroy a game mode and not even thinking twice or learning from mistakes NA players made years ago. The only thing you achieve with what you're doing is making the already low population even lower and having less people to fight.And suddenly you complain about: dead game all over the internet.

You seem to be stuck in the "WSR bad" "WSR bandwagoners" mindset, so let me help you out, yes?

That's funny, because why leaving it in first place? Let's stick to the facts, can we?WSR blob left WSR because they can't fight out of tier 5 after their fully stacked server and link were separated.So they decided to switch to Ranik (linked with a big server that could ppt hard enough to carry them in tier 1)

Here's the first thing you're wrong about. They moved off WSR due to alot of their guildies being stuck on a link and WSR had no link. They moved to FR due to it being one of the emptier servers, and AG had the PPT to sustain a decent tier.

Now they are back at stacking WSR while having to get carried by SFR ppt.

Now they're back because they were gone for 2 months, and the intention was always to go back to WSR. See it as sort of a vacation.

I understand the logic behind that, but why don't transfer back before the re-link? Oh right, you could have ended up on a full server and no one could carry you.

Why not transfer back before? Because we had Miller's Sound matchup and organized fights with them throughout the weekend. It was quality fights. Aswell as the fact that people like you would be complaining even if they did move before relink, unfortunately.

Instead you destroyed Fort Ranik which is a completely dead server now and their new link, because the re-link was done with a "full" Fort Ranik - which will lead to more people transfering off.Additionally you destroyed WSR for many people because the queues there are now really huge - same logic here: SFR was rather Full and is now linked to another full server.

Fort Ranik was already a dead server before the WSR move. What you say is straight up irrelevant. The french community of 20 players that was there, will most likely stay. As for the queues, you can blame anet on not doing linkings manually. They should just do like NA - remove t5, that way you won't have to deal with "dead" servers or matchups.

:)

The only issue with removing t5 in EU , is that the already long queues from t1 2 3 and 4 will increase even more , making game not playable , the true issue its on players mentality refusing to improve and cooperate together for a greater good , how many times we offered fights on an empty border to get both sides people on border , and eventually reroll setup if needed , people just straight up refuse to fight even if you give them winning or even conditions...Most of the farm that WSR does is inside t3 keeps from enemy servers , because thats the only way to get enemys to show up , you tell me if thats normal ...

NA has much much different timezone activity across the day , there is west/east coast and SEA time activity , EU its only standart 8 pm German time to 22/23, ev. 22 to 1-2 am for Baruch or certain guilds in FR/DE server, its much harder to fit server population in borders if all play at same time , thats why NA can afford having 4 tiers and EU not

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks

This is gonna be a fun week.

One bad joke after another around here anymore.

Chat is gonna be a whole other level of entertainment. I can't wait for this, lmao. Almost as good as if we had been linked with DB or YB. I love me some good old team chat meme chat.

I may just xfer, I've done the Mag show before.

I have totally quit WvW since the beginning of 2020. But because I needed 250+ more skirmish tickets, i went back to WvW for like a week and that time we were linked to Mag. I have been in Mag a few times before but the last link with them was bad. Mag is no more what it used to be.

Those big/effective guilds have left. That week when I logged in, i always see two/three small guild squads running around separately and chatting in asian language, indo or maybe pinoy language, idk. They were totally oblivious to those non native players running with them. It was the worst one week ppt i have ever experienced in my 4 years of WvW. Glad that the one week run was over and now we are no more linked to Mag.

Seriously, i would definitely transfer out if not for the fact that i don't play WvW anymore. Mag is not Mag anymore.

@Simo.6819 said:Victim of WSR :anguished:

Can you stop being such a white knight for bandwagoners? Do you find it normal that now I am either forced to go through these 8 weeks of shit, or move myself, because I had the unfortune to be linked with FR?It is really fun getting steamrolled by MS, not being able to flip a camp, kill a sentry, getting spawn camped! Good kitten times over here.There is no shame in admitting you are expecting others to PPT for you, but have the 'nads and admit it.

@Anaide.8251 said:

Can you stop being such a white knight for bandwagoners? Do you find it normal that now I am either forced to go through these 8 weeks of kitten, or move myself, because I had the unfortune to be linked with FR?It is really fun getting steamrolled by MS, not being able to flip a camp, kill a sentry, getting spawn camped! Good kitten times over here.There is no shame in admitting you are expecting others to PPT for you, but have the 'nads and admit it.

Many other guild/servers did the same as WSR , but ya all whining about wsr only , maybe its not me whiteknighting , maybe its you hating on wsr onlyThink about it this way , some people make use of it , some people dont , some abuse it , some profit from it ^^ its not illegal , also , you keep calling it bandwagon , when in reality its always the same exact package of people moving back to their original server so not really a bandwagon, you just dont know how to call a transfer without pronouncing bandwagon.

META transfered from Gandara to RoS , their server got left alone without link by Anet , they decided to gtfo and join the third most stacked server of EU rn , why you dont comment about them :astonished:

Guilds and people change server because they want to play the game right , you prefer to dont play for 8 weeks because reasons , fair enough ^^ have fun and cya in 8 weeks

i agree with @Threather.9354 ...

besides @Simo.6819 here u're just wrong. the queues are bigger than they should be, because anet recently (some months ago) lowered map caps. originally queues been across all maps and it was still somehow working... that's really just unnecessary whining.

about those MS ... notsure, it's just Pony, dE and port or sth alike. nothing really special or hard to kill if we got more than newbies around. sadly system is trash, and it NEEDS an somewhat urgent fix, if Arenanet opens the floodgates with Steam-launch in 2 months rougly, because any non full server will get fulled up with totally new accounts then, of which only unknown % will be alt accounts of existing players. also, will take at least a month i guess till these players will first be able to enter Wvw effectively.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:i agree with @Threather.9354 ...

besides @"Simo.6819" here u're just wrong. the queues are bigger than they should be, because anet recently (some months ago) lowered map caps. originally queues been across all maps and it was still somehow working... that's really just unnecessary whining.

about those MS ... notsure, it's just Pony, dE and port or sth alike. nothing really special or hard to kill if we got more than newbies around. sadly system is trash, and it NEEDS an somewhat urgent fix, if Arenanet opens the floodgates with Steam-launch in 2 months rougly, because any non full server will get fulled up with totally new accounts then, of which only unknown % will be alt accounts of existing players. also, will take at least a month i guess till these players will first be able to enter Wvw effectively.

Map cap got lowered by 7 per border , not 50 slots. 7 map slots is not the end of the world and it does not justify the 40-60 man queues that we will have constantly if we remove a full tier worth of players and merge it into the rest.As i said , we are EU we have 2-3 hours of active primetime content where all players login to guild raids or simply play the game , we already have queues with 5 tiers , what do you think is gonna happen .Now , this is a fresh relink situation , and its fine that it is like this , but what would it be if a all people from t5 merge in the remaining ^^ check it out http://prntscr.com/upaxmk

@diomache.9246 said:

@"Hydrium.2174" said:That's funny, because why leaving it in first place? Let's stick to the facts, can we?WSR blob left WSR because they can't fight out of tier 5 after their fully stacked server and link were separated.So they decided to switch to Ranik (linked with a big server that could ppt hard enough to carry them in tier 1)Now they are back at stacking WSR while having to get carried by SFR ppt.

I understand the logic behind that, but why don't transfer back before the re-link? Oh right, you could have ended up on a full server and no one could carry you.Instead you destroyed Fort Ranik which is a completely dead server now and their new link, because the re-link was done with a "full" Fort Ranik - which will lead to more people transfering off.Additionally you destroyed WSR for many people because the queues there are now really huge - same logic here: SFR was rather Full and is now linked to another full server.

As stated, I don't really care for WSR, the server is just the best example how entitled players destroy a game mode and not even thinking twice or learning from mistakes NA players made years ago. The only thing you achieve with what you're doing is making the already low population even lower and having less people to fight.And suddenly you complain about: dead game all over the internet.

Well you basically explained yourself why wsr left in the first place. And leaving before the relinks would be actually 0 iq move , first off we had fights with miller scheduled and second why would you gamble and entire server tranfers before knowing where you are going to end up? what if we got linked with a server that we absolutely didnt want to be with? like servers that we want to fight. And again its only an issue for you when its with wsr who have been on the same server for 3 years , while germans bandwagon to servers all the time , gandara/gh/ros is the exactly same at the moment but i havn't heard anyone about that yet. And queues are only huge on sfr because its relink hype/weekend , im sure the queues will become manageable after a week orso , not saying that we don't have allot of players right now though.

@Simo.6819 said:

Can you stop being such a white knight for bandwagoners? Do you find it normal that now I am either forced to go through these 8 weeks of kitten, or move myself, because I had the unfortune to be linked with FR?It is really fun getting steamrolled by MS, not being able to flip a camp, kill a sentry, getting spawn camped! Good kitten times over here.There is no shame in admitting you are expecting others to PPT for you, but have the 'nads and admit it.

Many other guild/servers did the same as WSR , but ya all whining about wsr only , maybe its not me whiteknighting , maybe its you hating on wsr onlyThink about it this way , some people make use of it , some people dont , some abuse it , some profit from it ^^ its not illegal , also , you keep calling it bandwagon , when in reality its always the same exact package of people moving back to their original server so not really a bandwagon, you just dont know how to call a transfer without pronouncing bandwagon.

META transfered from Gandara to RoS , their server got left alone without link by Anet , they decided to gtfo and join the third most stacked server of EU rn , why you dont comment about them :astonished:

Guilds and people change server because they want to play the game right , you prefer to dont play for 8 weeks because reasons , fair enough ^^ have fun and cya in 8 weeks

Why would I complain about Gandara? I am not linked to them, now am I? Stop comparing apples and oranges in this case. So yes I will complain because I am forced into a crappy game mode because of others, because they decided to move to a dead server, make it full, wait for the relink and move out again.It is not illegal it is abusing the system. And this is only proves the point the other people made, they want someone to take them out of T5.

FYI I know what a transfer is stop being condescending.

@Simo.6819 said:

@"Anaide.8251" said:

FYI I know what a transfer is stop being condescending.

To me you are just trying to prove something by crying on the forum hoping that Anet will do something to make your game experience better , go join another server if you dont like your server.

I am not crying, I am stating an opinion. It is obvious you are incapable of holding an objective view on this issue, wvw has massive problems, these "server transfers" screw up things even more.I like my server, RoF is not the problem, the host server is the problem. My game experience would not suffer at all if people did not use the "we want to play with our friends excuse", make a dead server full and then abandon it.

Either you have something constructive to say or don't bother to reply and go to your stacked server.

P.S. I will make sure to complain about Gandara when I get linked to them.

Server transfers indeed dont help with the WvW balance done by Anet , but the Anet balance itself has no logic itself , so i dont even know if thats a problem...Honestly i would like Anet to adopt Glicko or a randomized Match up system , this 1 up 1 down shit its very easy to manipulate and hard to avoid at the same timeA randomized weekly MU will discourage ppters that aim to camp T1 for the whole Relink duration , and will spread variety in fights for guilds and roamers , also EOTM is still an option for fights you may think , but as i already mentioned previously , you cant use it if enemys straight up dodge .One of the reasons people move out of servers , is we only fighting but dont wanna be stuck in t5 because we dont have pptSoooo > a random matchup generation will help in that matter , ofc you may be unlucky and still get a garbage matchup but you know , random is random for everyone.

Anet created Drizzlewood for ppters , yet we still have them in wvw , can Anet please give us a randomized MU system ? :)This will probably fix the fact that people transfers right after every relink :) but i think Anet wants those money invested for transfering soooo , probably wont happen :)

@"Simo.6819" any proof on that? i never see official numbers from anet. we assume map caps are sth around 75 per color and some single digit lowering of that afaik

besides, this queues would be perfectly fine if we had one more map. EotM for full map would have the capacities to take the overflow.

outside of that, it has been eternities since i saw kinda queues. must been during warclaw release time - and one of these is likely just a fake Q.

randomized matchups would be a pretty interesting thing, i'd rather have all borders randomized tho - so u get randomly alpine or desert as home borders, with options of having 3 desert but also 3 alpine borders. EBG starts should be as independently randomized.

like, ppt ranks or tiers are overall literally worthless anyways. no reason to have this "ppt1st rise tier ppt2nd stay ppt3rd drops tier"-chaos. and that to just have all resetted within 2 months anyways. what for?