World Linking 9/25/2020

Cal Cohen.2358

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:randomized matchups would be a pretty interesting thing, i'd rather have all borders randomized tho - so u get randomly alpine or desert as home borders, with options of having 3 desert but also 3 alpine borders. EBG starts should be as independently randomized.

WvW already has one too many desert maps. We don't want more.

did u even read @Vardy.3592 ... i talk about a RNG system. getting home border basically randomly. so you won't have desert each week, but sometimes there might be more than one. or none at all. RNG is the most fair system that sorta would be easily adaptable compared to the completely crappy system that is currently active.

i said yet often enough that desert border needs a shrinking to be better playable, map as such isn't that bad. every single map has this bad terrain stuff, bc they got never really polished. outside of that, desert isn't worse to fight like any other border - just less effective places to fight and a bit much places, where the cam gets stuck more easy. the rest is just and only the lack of players' experience of desert border.

some small guilds are even focused on desert border ppt.

@colddarknord.9081 said:Can anyone explain to me why I was moved from Aurora Glade to Fort Ranik in last friday? I don't understand how it works. Nobody asked my permission to move me. I absolutely do not want to stay on a francophone server where I have no acquaintances. Can I come back and play on Aurora Glade again?

You weren't moved. You stayed on your server. You are a link not a host. Every 2 months they relink so you get a different host but your server remains the same

@Jilora.9524 said:

@colddarknord.9081 said:Can anyone explain to me why I was moved from Aurora Glade to Fort Ranik in last friday? I don't understand how it works. Nobody asked my permission to move me. I absolutely do not want to stay on a francophone server where I have no acquaintances. Can I come back and play on Aurora Glade again?

You weren't moved. You stayed on your server. You are a link not a host. Every 2 months they relink so you get a different host but your server remains the same

10x! but can I play back on my server or I only must w8?

@"colddarknord.9081" said:Can anyone explain to me why I was moved from Aurora Glade to Fort Ranik in last friday? I don't understand how it works. Nobody asked my permission to move me. I absolutely do not want to stay on a francophone server where I have no acquaintances. Can I come back and play on Aurora Glade again?

People on linked servers are so-called "slaves" for the main servers, developers throw you here and there every 2 months to help the main servers. They don't care about what you want, just do your duty and serve to your new main server well. You are not supposed to have friends or communities unlike host server's players.IF you don't want to stay in such situation, you will have to pay 1800 gems for a transfer IF the host server is not full. Sad but true, just accept your wvw status. It is like in real life, some people are born in respected and rich families, some people not.

@Threather.9354 said:What anet should do regarding relinkings in 3 steps:

1. Remove relinkings2.1 Either: Remove linked servers and give those people transfer of their choice2.2 Or: Keep linked servers but count population status from total of main + link. Allows annual or biannual population balancing (not bimonthly)
  2. Increase Transfer costs to Medium servers to 700 gems, lower Very High servers to 1500 gems.

And yes, T1 servers will have more people than lower tiers, but that also means they're more enjoyable to play in for most people. T1 = City life, lot prefer. T4 = Rural life, some prefer.

But, if you remove links how will ANet churn those Gem sales every re-link? Can't you think of the poor for profit service?

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Threather.9354 said:What anet should do regarding relinkings in 3 steps:
  1. Remove relinkings2.1 Either: Remove linked servers and give those people transfer of their choice2.2 Or: Keep linked servers but count population status from total of main + link. Allows annual or biannual population balancing (not bimonthly)
  2. Increase Transfer costs to Medium servers to 700 gems, lower Very High servers to 1500 gems.

And yes, T1 servers will have more people than lower tiers, but that also means they're more enjoyable to play in for most people. T1 = City life, lot prefer. T4 = Rural life, some prefer.

But, if you remove links how will ANet churn those Gem sales every re-link? Can't you think of the poor for profit service?

Jokes aside, it's like 70-80 people that moved, many paid via gold, so I doubt the 500€ or something they make off this is significant in the grand scheme of things

@colddarknord.9081 said:

10x! but can I play back on my server or I only must w8?

On log in go to character select and click transfer and the server with the home icon is your server. You werent aurora glade i'm betting they were just the host. I bet you are Fort Ranik and now since you are the host you see that in wvw. You weren't moved. You always were Fort Ranik. If you want to go to AG transfer if they are not full. You can also transfer to whoever AG is linked with to play with them but you would have to transfer to their link every 2 months if they got a different link

I think it's funny when WSR says "Stop crying" when it's basically your reason for bandwagoning. You cried because you got no link and "a handful of people" stuck on your former link. You were on a full server that couldn't fight out of tier 5? Quality players?With a look at gw2mists the situation is like that.Transfers in (last 30 days): 95 (WSR)That's 93 since re-link on friday and with a high some unknown additional numbers, that's 2x KISS or ,because you mentioned them, 4-5x Meta from Gandara.

I'm just bored of that bs* behaviour of transfering and leaving wastelands behind while sitting in a one to two hour queue.

People constantly talk as queues are a problem and having just 4 tiers would make the game unplayable.

I remember having regular constant queues to all maps last time in 2013, when we still had tournaments! Then queues were a problem in prime time in 2012-2013. I have been on Desolation since 2012. Right now we can create a queue to max 1 map at best. Even at prime time most of the time there is no queue to any maps, no queues at night, morning nor day time.... and people talk like queues are some problem in this game. It is a like a rich person constantly telling to a poor person: "I have so much money, it is a problem".

Arenanet still thinks a server is FULL when there is basically almost never any queue to any map. Maybe they should just admit there is something wrong with their population estimation algorithm?

Once again there is a Full + full in this match. This time it is SFR + WSR. Last 8 weeks it was AG + FR (basically same players from WSR). And before that FSP + UW were both full. What is with this? Some so called "full" servers cannot even get any transfers and thus locked without a link. And then two full servers together.

It is like playing football when one team has 3-5 players on the other field and another has 9-12. Football would die as a sports if matches were all the time like that.

@"Deniara Devious.3948" said:People constantly talk as queues are a problem and having just 4 tiers would make the game unplayable.

I remember having regular constant queues to all maps last time in 2013, when we still had tournaments! Then queues were a problem in prime time in 2012-2013. I have been on Desolation since 2012. Right now we can create a queue to max 1 map at best. Even at prime time most of the time there is no queue to any maps, no queues at night, morning nor day time.... and people talk like queues are some problem in this game. It is a like a rich person constantly telling to a poor person: "I have so much money, it is a problem".

Arenanet still thinks a server is FULL when there is basically almost never any queue to any map. Maybe they should just admit there is something wrong with their population estimation algorithm?

Once again there is a Full + full in this match. This time it is SFR + WSR. Last 8 weeks it was AG + FR (basically same players from WSR). And before that FSP + UW were both full. What is with this? Some so called "full" servers cannot even get any transfers and thus locked without a link. And then two full servers together.

It is like playing football when one team has 3-5 players on the other field and another has 9-12. Football would die as a sports if matches were all the time like that.

It is play hours not if you can get a que. There is nothing higher then full so if 50k hours is the threshold you could have that and be full but another full has 75k play hours. Also if your 50 guys play 8 hours a night and the other team has 100 guys playing 4 hours a night it end up being the same amount of play hours but 1 side feels outnumbered. Deso who you seem to think isn't full always competes vs servers w a link so yes again( and I feel I have to tell you over and over) Deso is full.The again there's 2 fulls linked together is not anets plan. They were a full and a med to start. WSR is abusing the system to stack a med with a quick Mass transfer and get 2 fulls together. Now anet needs to fix that behavior.Maybe something like 2x the gems if you transfer back to back relinksLimits to 2 transfers per account then every transfer after goes up 200 gemsOnly allow 20 to transfer off a server or onto a server per week after a relink for the 1st 3 weeks to slow the bandwagon down.Something has to be doneBut no matter what Deso is still a full server until you all do what WSR has done and mass exodus off. You just aren't as full as others anymore

I don't get it. Some full servers got full or very high status link, some got nothing. ANET didn't you learn that there are "communites" like WSR which will go anywhere to outnumbered opponents at least twice. Fix that, make correction after relinks, make them pay a lot for this to end it up!

What bothers me the most here is that both Deso and Gandara which by no means are full, are still set as full. Both servers have lost about 120+ players the last linkperiods and are still closed even though for us who been on the servers for years and years and know the people playing actively on it can tell you that our WvW is not full, we still remain closed. One of my guildies and also a pug comander have tried to get back to Gandara for 4 months now. We can not get him back. Last time he moved to our link but now he is completely cut off from us. The last stream it was stated that they are not trying to keep players from eachother but that is exactly what they are doing to Deso and Gandara.

And what bothers me the most about this is about tomorrow, Tuesday we will get a large amount of players comming to the game because of the Steam release of GW2. This would be Desos and Gandaras chance to get new players to their servers who are lack severely of active players because we both lost about 120 very active players each, but we will be shut out from this and not get the chance to fill up the big holes on the servers. We are litterally bleeding out, not as fast as WSR did, but if you keep us locked for nearly half a year you will hurt those servers, we will bleed out.

If you do not give a link to a host server (any host server) then at least open them up. Don't force players to move away from that server because you are not giving any options for players to be together and force them to move. Or leave them without friends or guildies to play.

OPEN DESO AND GANDARA!

@"monkaS.4769" said:You seem to be stuck in the "WSR bad" "WSR bandwagoners" mindset, so let me help you out, yes?

That's funny, because why leaving it in first place? Let's stick to the facts, can we?WSR blob left WSR because they can't fight out of tier 5 after their fully stacked server and link were separated.So they decided to switch to Ranik (linked with a big server that could ppt hard enough to carry them in tier 1)

Here's the first thing you're wrong about. They moved off WSR due to alot of their guildies being stuck on a link and WSR had no link. They moved to FR due to it being one of the emptier servers, and AG had the PPT to sustain a decent tier.

Now they are back at stacking WSR while having to get carried by SFR ppt.

Now they're back because they were gone for 2 months, and the intention was always to go back to WSR. See it as sort of a vacation.

I understand the logic behind that, but why don't transfer back before the re-link? Oh right, you could have ended up on a full server and no one could carry you.

Why not transfer back before? Because we had Miller's Sound matchup and organized fights with them throughout the weekend. It was quality fights. Aswell as the fact that people like you would be complaining even if they did move before relink, unfortunately.

Instead you destroyed Fort Ranik which is a completely dead server now and their new link, because the re-link was done with a "full" Fort Ranik - which will lead to more people transfering off.Additionally you destroyed WSR for many people because the queues there are now really huge - same logic here: SFR was rather Full and is now linked to another full server.

Fort Ranik was already a dead server before the WSR move. What you say is straight up irrelevant. The french community of 20 players that was there, will most likely stay. As for the queues, you can blame anet on not doing linkings manually. They should just do like NA - remove t5, that way you won't have to deal with "dead" servers or matchups.

:)

Thats wrong Fort Ranik were not dead, we had some guilds and players but yes we were a medium server that why we were linked, but now we are cleary lacking people since we can't host and WvW became unplayable so most of Fort Ranik will move to other server to a point that Ranik will just be delete has a WvW server because it will be really dead. I don't blame WSR for changing server, like u said everyone does this but you have to admit that you have done some mess.

also special shoutout to the current guilds on the Millers+AM matchup... i hope we get u again in a matchup with a link , for this keepcamping our 20 ppl groups with full blobsize of 40-60 hell.

@"Leaa.2943" the steam release is announced for november tho, there is still october inbetween?

most of deso population was lost acutally way earlier, but we been also unlinked 1-2month after that happend. that was when we lost pretty precisely 100 guild players, since like 4-5 guilds left.lately we had not much more, one more guild gone due to the bad situation of the population "lately" (some months ago).

recently we lose one more guild with ~15 ppl, roamerguild but at least one big killcount amongst those.

@Jilora.9524 just don't comment if u have no clue. desolation has kinda fake full status. in no world we are really full. we had even with a link always like 2000 population less than the servers we could wreck. about all the servers of the last matchups, we had neither ppt nor best kd/r. besides, we have been unlinked yet one time this goddamn year.so there is absolutely no reason to unlink us. we don't even have big nightcrews, like 20-25 people across the maps at 2am~

then this absurd millers s***server runs with freaking 40-50 man blobs during this same time, the 3rd day in a row now.

even at prime we have at best one queue, with about 30q stand. which is nothing, and those 30 ppl are also nowhere to find funnily then. its likely the newbies who see a queue and just queue up for fun. if it was players, they'd just group up on another map, that doesn't happen tho. kinda expect that many just are from servers that got farmed by overstack desolation in the last years before the big exodus, and then mass joined up whenever it got open. bc it never was open for long, and we never noticed many new players. which is kinda bad sign.

@aspirine.6852 that just does not work alike. WSR can use the system to just transfar back whenever they feel like, unless they been are unlinked. and even then, they could just transfer all to FR+RoF etc... the problem is the system.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:also special shoutout to the current guilds on the Millers+AM matchup... i hope we get u again in a matchup with a link , for this keepcamping our 20 ppl groups with full blobsize of 40-60 hell.

@"Leaa.2943" the steam release is announced for november tho, there is still october inbetween?

most of deso population was lost acutally way earlier, but we been also unlinked 1-2month after that happend. that was when we lost pretty precisely 100 guild players, since like 4-5 guilds left.lately we had not much more, one more guild gone due to the bad situation of the population "lately" (some months ago).

recently we lose one more guild with ~15 ppl, roamerguild but at least one big killcount amongst those.

@Jilora.9524 just don't comment if u have no clue. desolation has kinda fake full status. in no world we are really full. we had even with a link always like 2000 population less than the servers we could wreck. about all the servers of the last matchups, we had neither ppt nor best kd/r. besides, we have been unlinked yet one time this kitten year.so there is absolutely no reason to unlink us. we don't even have big nightcrews, like 20-25 people across the maps at 2am~

then this absurd millers s***server runs with freaking 40-50 man blobs during this same time, the 3rd day in a row now.

even at prime we have at best one queue, with about 30q stand. which is nothing, and those 30 ppl are also nowhere to find funnily then. its likely the newbies who see a queue and just queue up for fun. if it was players, they'd just group up on another map, that doesn't happen tho. kinda expect that many just are from servers that got farmed by overstack desolation in the last years before the big exodus, and then mass joined up whenever it got open. bc it never was open for long, and we never noticed many new players. which is kinda bad sign.

@aspirine.6852 that just does not work alike. WSR can use the system to just transfar back whenever they feel like, unless they been are unlinked. and even then, they could just transfer all to FR+RoF etc... the problem is the system.

Don't tell me I don't have a clue when all you Deso are complaining you aren't full yet somehow win over the weekend vs servers w links. Like I said before you had you run. Winning non-stop because your link was the fav bandwagon destination. Then your boys came in here to say this is too easy. We don't want a link. I told him you would drop tiers and lose the bandwagon. You got what you wished for now coming in here saying you aren't full. You have no clue. I don't care how many times you say we only have 1 que plus 30. Yeah with only 1 server you have a que plus 30. Doesn't that tell you something. It should tell you you are full. Sure other links are stacked because of transfers but just means they fuller or have a link so you can't compare you que with a linked servers que.

@Jilora.9524 said:The again there's 2 fulls linked together is not anets plan. They were a full and a med to start. WSR is abusing the system to stack a med with a quick Mass transfer and get 2 fulls together. Now anet needs to fix that behavior.Maybe something like 2x the gems if you transfer back to back relinksLimits to 2 transfers per account then every transfer after goes up 200 gemsOnly allow 20 to transfer off a server or onto a server per week after a relink for the 1st 3 weeks to slow the bandwagon down.Something has to be doneBut no matter what Deso is still a full server until you all do what WSR has done and mass exodus off. You just aren't as full as others anymoreOr, as has been stated many times, Anet could actually take a part of their own proposed features and implement it before the mythical main dish.

Allow free transfers week 8, make any other transfer heavily restricted and costly.

@Vardy.3592 said:

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:randomized matchups would be a pretty interesting thing, i'd rather have all borders randomized tho - so u get randomly alpine or desert as home borders, with options of having 3 desert but also 3 alpine borders. EBG starts should be as independently randomized.

WvW already has one too many desert maps. We don't want more.

Id like more maps, more maps like Edge or Red. Alpine is too easily sieged and honestly is a joke compared to what it should be, Eternal is a joke because its just a giant circle of a circus with people clamoring for "fights" and sacraficing everything other than SMC. Make objectives matter, make fights on objectives matter more and make holding objectives reward you for the longer they are held. Make this RvR not some battle-royal~ If you want a battle royal then A-net should make one independent of the game or as a new mode so people can go to that game-mode. Just because you refuse to learn desert (Im assuming edge too as most people hate both maps, if they hate one of them.) Does not mean Alpine is healthy for the game. Honestly You'd hate if I was a WvW dev because Id make some maps strictly for choke points, ganking and flanking with actual tactics not this suto-stuff we have now.

@aspirine.6852 said:

@"Carcharoth Lucian.1378" said:[EU] Updated WvW World Population_09282020 :
3CrRIGg.png

Yes Anet should change fort ranik to be linked with SFR, and WSR linked with RoF..

Yeah I am having a blast in T5, i mean medium server with medium server is super fun time! I completely agree with you, the only way maybe Anet can stop this, is to relink when they see things like this happen.

@"Deniara Devious.3948" said:Arenanet still thinks a server is FULL when there is basically almost never any queue to any map. Maybe they should just admit there is something wrong with their population estimation algorithm?

If you still queue a map without a link, then it's possible that you are full enough to be unlinked, but you are still a smaller server than most (after you factor in link server population). Also it's not necessarily based on number of players, but play hours. So if you have a very dedicated base of players who play hours and hours a day, it can make your server look more populated in terms of activity, even if the absolute number of players is lower. I wouldn't say that their population algorithm is broken, just the entire links system is broken.

Those weren't full/full links when the relinks happened, they became that way after transfers. Links are assessed once every 2 months, so anything that happens after that point is due to player movement. Yes, it's a bad system and I think they have admitted as much, that's why they're supposedly working on alliances (lol). I wouldn't say that their actual data is incorrect though.