Please add roller beetle to wvw.

Paradoxoglanis.1904

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:this feels like when people take the bus for one stop 500 meters away.. just walk dude

Or drive the car into the othe side of the street to get some coffe :|

Warclaw is already to much IMO and useless, if Anet wanted to get mount on WvW should be something builted like new sige stuff that is mobile.

Mounts and transmogirffers.... somethign that will always be useless or some gimmick for players to find and abuse..

All The maps apart from the Desert are too small for something as fast as roller beetle. People complained when Warclaw had speed until it got nerfed, I doubt we'll ever see anything above that speed.

The only way I could see them adding in the other mounts is if they were tied to territories like gliding and warclaw remained the only roaming mount. I would love to see a group of skyscales coming in and attacking them out of the sky with a ballista but there would probably be too much balance issues with that to even consider it.

@Solanum.6983 said:All The maps apart from the Desert are too small for something as fast as roller beetle. People complained when Warclaw had speed until it got nerfed, I doubt we'll ever see anything above that speed.

The only way I could see them adding in the other mounts is if they were tied to territories like gliding and warclaw remained the only roaming mount. I would love to see a group of skyscales coming in and attacking them out of the sky with a ballista but there would probably be too much balance issues with that to even consider it.

The beetle wouldn't have to be as fast as in pve maps and could be tuned to match the warclaw a little with maybe some difference depending on it's utility. It's a fun mount to travel on if you're going to be running around a lot and WvW these days is pretty much large 3 ways in one lane or constantly responding.

@kash.9213 said:

@Solanum.6983 said:All The maps apart from the Desert are too small for something as fast as roller beetle. People complained when Warclaw had speed until it got nerfed, I doubt we'll ever see anything above that speed.

The beetle wouldn't have to be as fast as in pve maps and could be tuned to match the warclaw a little with maybe some difference depending on it's utility. It's a fun mount to travel on if you're going to be running around a lot and WvW these days is pretty much large 3 ways in one lane or constantly responding.

I suppose that could work but you'd have to seriously nerf the speed boost, Maybe keep the boost on going downhill to keep it unique enough to use. To add to that you could probably do the same with Raptor and Jackal by nerfing the speeds and jump distance. Springer, Skimmer, Griffon and Skyscale most likely wouldn't work since they have the ability to gain/maintain altitude.I think It'd be easier to just implement them all and tie them to territories but maybe It's just me really wanting to attack from the sky :lol:

@Solanum.6983 said:

I suppose that could work but you'd have to seriously nerf the speed boost, Maybe keep the boost on going downhill to keep it unique enough to use. To add to that you could probably do the same with Raptor and Jackal by nerfing the speeds and jump distance. Springer, Skimmer, Griffon and Skyscale most likely wouldn't work since they have the ability to gain/maintain altitude.I think It'd be easier to just implement them all and tie them to territories but maybe It's just me really wanting to attack from the sky :lol:

I've been asking for the beetle mostly because apart from that and the skyscale I ignore all the rest of the mounts when I go to a pve map to knock story stuff or whatever. Some mounts just have a better tactile feel moving around and I think at least the beetle would be really fun, it could feel like a Mad Max chase.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:I just dont understand why there arent more people pushing for this. It would be so cool and would perfectly fit anets balance and content philosophy. It would also completely fix roaming and make it 100% fair again.

The warclaw was actually as fast as roller when it first came out (Within your own territory) or it was at least close to it, Over the nerfs they removed its speed as its first addressing point. Now that it cant stomp, cant escape and is not capable of being useful in any meaningful way I think bringing its speed back up would be fine and I honestly DONT want another mount in WvW..

At this point Id rather them just remove the warclaw and keep mounts in PvE; Clearly it cant and wont work because they themselves dont know how to handle it. I never had an issue with warclaw and it is my favorite mount but its not really...... worth having I guess is the way Id put it.

I would actually LOVE to see them add a beetle race track in one of the maps, but can also see so many issues with doing so that it would never work. But I also think it would be fun to have a weeklong event in WvW where other mounts can be used, even if it allowed easy access to towers and keeps. I mean, it really wouldn't be all that different than the Golem event they had a few years ago. Just lock the matchups for an extra week so it's not that big a deal for the havoc it causes to ppt.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:this feels like when people take the bus for one stop 500 meters away.. just walk dude

Or drive the car into the othe side of the street to get some coffe :|

Warclaw is already to much IMO and useless, if Anet wanted to get mount on WvW should be something builted like new sige stuff that is mobile.

Mounts and transmogirffers.... somethign that will always be useless or some gimmick for players to find and abuse..

Warclaw is a mobile siege engine. Yes it's just that bad at it despite people offering recommendations to bring chain pull into play.

Mounts and gliding belong in WvW just like they do in PvE. The game SHOULD change and evolve in all modes with every release. There should also be new maps that rotate in and out with every server relink. They should absolutely expand on mounts in WvW. Cutting them back to a useless level is just taking WvW back to a state where it doesn't change and evolve in any meaningful way. They need to strap on a pair and trudge forward in upgrading this game mode for better and worse. The way things are now is worse than any game mode breaking changes would be. SHAKE THINGS UP ALREADY

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Thank you, but NO. Mounts never belonged in WvW in the first place. Remove the warclaw and we are gucci.

I personally like the Warclaw in WvW. It serves as a way to sniff out enemies, and damage gates (I wish it was affected by siege might). I wish they brought back the trait with an instant kill if you use the engage skill on a downed enemy.

Hmm, I don't need the beetle.I would like some mount in WvW that is a little bit faster than running, perhaps faster in own regions, maybe able to stomp downed enemies, perhaps detect enemies in the near. That would be nice. :) :)And to the mount-haters, why can't WvW evolve a little bit? Why no mounts? The future is near and you won't complain if mounts had ever been in WvW.