[Spoiler] Living world season 4 ending

Krazyfaken.4821

So I just finished the Living world season 4 and saw good old kralkatorrik die. This raises one question... maybe I missed something. If kralkatorrik is indeed dead (Aurene snacked on that heart), then why is there a group event "engage kralkatorrik" (break the crystal dragon). How is it that Kralkatorrik is still regenerating or alive if Aurena consumed his heart and became an elder dragon?

Think of it like this: while you, the commander, and your group race inside Kralk to confront his mind, Almorra and the Pact forces are assaulting his physical body at the same time.

These two events run concurrently. The solo player instances happen "away" from the PvE aspects of the meta events that are running.

All maps are set in a "moment in time". As the above poster says, the open World section happens alongside the story instance (I think it's mentioned as you do the story). It's the same as Dragonstand in Heart of Thorns. Fighting Kralk then stays on perpetual loop because the 'kill it and stayed killed forever' didn't work in LS1 when they tried it

The player character kinda dips in/out of being The Commander or a hired mercenary depending on what's going on.

@"Randulf.7614" said:All maps are set in a "moment in time". As the above poster says, the open World section happens alongside the story instance (I think it's mentioned as you do the story). It's the same as Dragonstand in Heart of Thorns. Fighting Kralk then stays on perpetual loop because the 'kill it and stayed killed forever' didn't work in LS1 when they tried it

The player character kinda dips in/out of being The Commander or a hired mercenary depending on what's going on.

I like to think of it more like there's many Pact Commanders (as established in PS), "The Commander" was just Trahearne's second-in-command, thus, when playing the open-world events the comms you follow are the other Commanders.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:All maps are set in a "moment in time". As the above poster says, the open World section happens alongside the story instance (I think it's mentioned as you do the story). It's the same as Dragonstand in Heart of Thorns. Fighting Kralk then stays on perpetual loop because the 'kill it and stayed killed forever' didn't work in LS1 when they tried it

I like to think of it more like there's many Pact Commanders (as established in PS), "The Commander" was just Trahearne's second-in-command, thus, when playing the open-world events the comms you follow are the other Commanders.

Yeah that makes sense

Time Bubbles.

Dragon's Stand and Dragonfall open world areas are at a time pre-killing of the Elder Dragon.

With the inferrence that when you are participating in the Meta event, that is when the Commander™ is going through the events in the story to enter the Elder Dragon and kill it from within.

Likewise, when you are doing the story to enter the Elder Dragon and kill it, it is inferred that the Pact forces are leading an assault on the body of the dragon (I.e. The meta event)

This is backed up with the story of HoT having you enter Mordremoth's mind to destroy it (Then finish its seed planted in Trahearne's mind) with the Heart in the Domain of Vabbi where you teach the students having you mention that Mordremoth died by impaling its head on a spike (Which is the result of the meta event in Dragon's Stand). It also explains why Modremoth impales itself on the spike, because the Commander™ has just finished destroying its mind.

Taimi even calls you after Aurene branded the Ley Lines, telling the Commander that Kralkatorrik's body has been killed.Aurene then mentions that he can only be fully defeated from the inside.And then you fly into his mouth.

This is similar to Dragon's Stand.But in Dragon's Stand, the outside group fight the Mouth of Mordremoth at the same time you fight its mind.