Revenant and greatsword

ManOfKebab.7054

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Gibson.4036 said:There seem to be so many meta greatsword builds. It'd be nice to feature expand other weapons if they're adding new ones to classes.

Yep, that's the reason why I hope that no class gets weapons like sword or greatsword with the next expansion and we see more stuff like scepters, maces, shortbows...

Agreed.

Revenant should get Axe mainhand or Focus offhand IMO.

• Confused 1

@Kichwas.7152 said:

@Gibson.4036 said:There seem to be so many meta greatsword builds. It'd be nice to feature expand other weapons if they're adding new ones to classes.

Yep, that's the reason why I hope that no class gets weapons like sword or greatsword with the next expansion and we see more stuff like scepters, maces, shortbows...

Agreed.

I personally prefer to give them a scepter.

Axe might also feel a bit overused at this point, considering that this weapon got added to 2 classes with the last expansion already (firebrand and mirage), just like sword did (holosmith and weaver).

• Confused 1

@Kodama.6453 said:

Agreed.

I personally prefer to give them a scepter.

Yeah I looked them over again and I think I agree. They've got 2 ranged options: hammer and shortbow. Give them a scepter that can hit to 1200. Or pistols or daggers that are ranged.

I could see a 'ghost hunter' theme built around pistols or throwing knives.

• Confused 1

I've mentioned this on many threads : Rev needs more customizable loadouts, and that means less 2handed sets and more MH/OH sets that allow mix and matches with other MH and OH.

Rev already has too many 2handed sets, or weapons that only fit MH or OH, resulting in utter lack of customization when it comes to builds.

And to make matters worse, when a weapon is nerfed for whatever reason, that entire set gets dumpstered as a whole.

(Example being Hammer and Staff being extremely weak right now in competitive as well as being never good enough for high end PvE in the first place)

Say we do get GS, and if it ever gets nerfed, the entire set will suffer even if it is one or two skills getting hit.

I like GS aesthetic wise, but that shouldn't be the only factor when considering a Profession's performance in this game.

• Confused 1

^ That's what happens when you make a 5 slot weapon full of redundant damage skills instead of providing utility tools as block, evades or movement (see Rev's short bow and trident). The thing is that the Rev dev team is clueless (they released the Renegade with the breakstun skill in the HEALING slot), so no matter if they make the Cantha spec with 2 one handers or a 2 hander: probably will be hot garbage again. So I'm slanting towards greatsword because at least there's some nice legendary skills there.

Also: rework (redo) the hammer. Is beyond uslees, there's no hpe there.

@Yasai.3549 said:I've mentioned this on many threads : Rev needs more customizable loadouts, and that means less 2handed sets and more MH/OH sets that allow mix and matches with other MH and OH.

Rev already has too many 2handed sets, or weapons that only fit MH or OH, resulting in utter lack of customization when it comes to builds.

And to make matters worse, when a weapon is nerfed for whatever reason, that entire set gets dumpstered as a whole.

(Example being Hammer and Staff being extremely weak right now in competitive as well as being never good enough for high end PvE in the first place)

Say we do get GS, and if it ever gets nerfed, the entire set will suffer even if it is one or two skills getting hit.

I like GS aesthetic wise, but that shouldn't be the only factor when considering a Profession's performance in this game.

I think this is more a Core revenant issue than one that can be solved with an elite spec. I personally would enjoy a Scepter and Focus being added to the revenant's kit as core weapons as an alternative to Hammer. Perhaps Longbow. Rifle would be fine too.

Of course I've advocated for half a decade now that the revenant needs more. Another core legendary or an extra Utility skill for each legend along with a set of Signets that could be used on any legend would do wonders for the Revenant in the long run.

Revenant being the youngest child it feels like its getting scraps a lot of the time. I love the class, just wish they got more variety of choices.