What can I do to improve my ability to see the AoEs on the floor? (DWC north meta)

Hesione.9412

In this particular part of the final phase of the meta: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroy_the_machines!

During the fight with the Icebrood construct, a lot of the floor is grating/mesh. I'm having a devil of a time to see the AoEs when they are on the mesh part. I can see them on the metal edges of the mesh, and the normal floor, but not on the mesh itself.

Is there anything I can do to turn up the contrast, or similar?

@"Hesione.9412" said:In this particular part of the final phase of the meta: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroy_the_machines!

During the fight with the Icebrood construct, a lot of the floor is grating/mesh. I'm having a devil of a time to see the AoEs when they are on the mesh part. I can see them on the metal edges of the mesh, and the normal floor, but not on the mesh itself.

Turn off post processing

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

@"Hesione.9412" said:In this particular part of the final phase of the meta:
!

During the fight with the Icebrood construct, a lot of the floor is grating/mesh. I'm having a devil of a time to see the AoEs when they are on the
mesh
part. I can see them on the metal edges of the mesh, and the normal floor, but not on the mesh itself.

Turn off post processing

I just looked at my setting (doing north meta soon) and I had already set it to "Low". I just did some selecting back and forth between "High" and "None" at the entry DWC WP and I can see my game screen looks darker.

Seems a bit silly to have a more graphics-intensive feature made the game harder to play, for those of us with eyesight like mine. The visual noise from multiple AoEs on the ground, and if they're done on anything with a pre-existing ground effect (mesh, water) , is argh!

Pointed comment, to Anet, not to you! Thank you for the help, I'm rather tired of being downed by effects I cannot see. And there is a LOT of mesh near that boss. I stand back a bit and distance attack, otherwise I get hit by the waves of frost(?) - 250 ping is not my friend. The standing point on the mesh is optimal from my reaction/able to see boss attacks at the boss-point of activation, but sadly detrimental to my ability to avoid those said distance AoEs.