Why is nobody using medkit in PvP?

Koensol.5860

Almost every engineer pvp build is using the healing turret as their heal. Doesn't matter if it's core, scrapper or holo, no one uses the medkit from what I can see. Now I understand the turret with it's instant blast finisher and condi cleanse is a very nice burst heal/oh shit button, but what kills it for me is the 30 second cd.

Medkit heal has only a 17 sec cd and if traited it can go as low as 14 seconds. It has a value of like 5k which means you can get more healing out of it over the course of a longer fight than with turret. On top of that medkit 5 gives 10 seconds of swiftness, vigor and regeneration to yourself and teammates, and provides a blast finisher. Then you get another team condi cleanse on 15 sec cd from medkit 3 which has a water field, so can be combo'd with medkit 5 blast and elixir gun 4 blast for some nice AoE healing. Finally medkit 4 gives another small AoE heal which isn't much but still helps.

I have tried both medkit and turret for extended periods of time and I find if I take turret the longer cd will get me killed more often than the 1 sec cast time on medkit's heal. I can cycle my defensive cd's a lot more frequently with medkit and don't have to kite as much in a 1v1 for example.

So, why is it that people still prefer turret most of the time? What am I missing?

@Makuragee.3058 said:The cast time is longer if I remember and easly interupt. Also only cleanse 1 condi vs the 2 of the turret. Average its a aleight kit for support, but not really that great for self heal.

It pulses 4 times so it cleanses 4 condi's, plus Its a kit swap so with cleansing rune its 5 cleanses. Its really good and lingers on the floor with combo field. And the vigor from medkit 5 is so usefull with explosive entrance.

@Koensol.5860 said:It pulses 4 times so it cleanses 4 condi's, plus Its a kit swap so with cleansing rune its 5 cleanses. Its really good and lingers on the floor with combo field. And the vigor from medkit 5 is so usefull with explosive entrance.

Staying in your pulsing field is often an invitation to get bombed. It is not unviable to cleanse a few conditions, but if you get filled up with covercondis, you are better off with resistance, from rune of revenant or resistance.Vigor sure is useful, and you can have some sick uptime on it, if you combo it with Tools (add the +50% endurance regen grandmaster, and you can get gross evade uptime). I could see it becoming meta, if Tools gets back to favour, but for now, the 1 second cast time heal is a great downside.

@wasss.1208 said:

@Koensol.5860 said:It pulses 4 times so it cleanses 4 condi's, plus Its a kit swap so with cleansing rune its 5 cleanses. Its really good and lingers on the floor with combo field. And the vigor from medkit 5 is so usefull with explosive entrance.

Staying in your pulsing field is often an invitation to get bombed. It is not unviable to cleanse a few conditions, but if you get filled up with covercondis, you are better off with resistance, from rune of revenant or resistance.Vigor sure is useful, and you can have some sick uptime on it, if you combo it with Tools (add the +50% endurance regen grandmaster, and you can get gross evade uptime). I could see it becoming meta, if Tools gets back to favour, but for now, the 1 second cast time heal is a great downside.

I see your point, I'm personally fairly durable so I'm ok with it. Another great pro of the medkit heal is 12 seconds of superspeed. Huge for kiting. 1 sec cast time is a burden for sure, ngl.

@Koensol.5860 said:

I see your point, I'm personally fairly durable so I'm ok with it. Another great pro of the medkit heal is 12 seconds of superspeed. Huge for kiting. 1 sec cast time is a burden for sure, ngl.

think the first pulse cleanse 2 condis tho, dont remember

While I definetly see the advantage for a superspeed scrapper, in my core WvW build I choose elixir because of one simple reason - I dont have kitten time for another kit. The extra healing wont really save you any better than actually focusing on the enemy, kiting, manouvering and countering them step by step.

But if you like using it and it works, just keep using it. Some people like different things. I for one hate the turret.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I do, but because I hunger for off-meta builds. My holo doll is Lyszica Vicsen.I also know A L I E N uses it too (as scrapper)... With the %discount on cooldowns for toolbelt skills, it's particularly attractive if you run Tools.It's really cool for cleansing condis on a pinch, however, while preparing the field you sacrifice all damage. It's one of the very rare condi cleanses you can get for while holo forge is active.personally I wouldn't use it if it wasn't for the vigor/speed/regen bomb (this being the best vigor uptime resource since the alchemy nerfs)

But ofc HGH elixir H with rune of revenant and minor grenade barrage is no-brainer OP