Likely weapons for Cantha Specializations

Alurazle.5430

Personally I want Rangers to get scepters cause Xiuquatl and Meteorlogicus both fit them so well, whether your going for the green or elements of nature theme. I know Engineers and the Warrior ONLY classes that can't use any weapons made by an Artificers so they are most likely going to get some magic themed weapon. Mesmers would also look good with the Dreamer too.

Most used weapons:Sword: Necromancers are the ONLY ones the can't use thisStaff: Warriors and Engineers can't use this weaponAxes: Thief, Engineers and Elementalist (Though they have conjure axe)

Averagely used weapons( 5 out of 9):Greatswords: Can't be used by Revenants/Engineer/Thief/ElementalistDaggers: Can't be used by Guardian/Revenant/Engineer/MesmerShield: Can't be used by Ranger/Thief/Elementalist/ NecromancerTorch: Can't be used by Revenant/Engineer/Thief/Elementalist

Lesser used Weapons(4 out of 9):Scepter: Can't be used by Revenant/Warrior/Engineer/Ranger/ThiefFocus: Can't be used by Revenant/Warrior/Engineer/Ranger/ThiefWarhorn: Can't be used by Revenant/Guardian/Engineer/Thief/MesmerHammer: Can't be used by Ranger/Thief/Elementalist/Mesmer/Necromancer

Least used Weapons(3 out of 9):Mace: ONLY used by the 3 Heavy armor classesPistol: ONLY used by Engineers, Thief, and MesmerLongbow: ONLY used by Warrior, Guardian and RangerShortbow: ONLY used by Revenant, Ranger, and ThiefRifle: ONLY used by Warrior, Engineer, and Thief

I'm not sure what the point is? Speculation , wishful thinking?

If it were up to me I would put the weapons that only have 3-4 users with rarely people using it as a priority. Rifle for example is rarely used on holo anymore, basically it's a deadeye only weapon (which means strikes/raids more or less because the cleave is poor). Arenanet could probably buff rifle in PVE for example if they do not add another spec with rifle (which would most likely be ranger).

Pistol is a trainwreck because literally no profession has its best on pistol. Nobody really runs pistol mainhand except on condi engi. If they gave it to warrior or ranger it wouldn't be an issue but warrior is the most likely to receive it given the number of options that would fit ranger.

Mace needs help as well, outside of WvW mace is rarely seen besides on condi rev with high ramp time (so strikes/raids again). I could see it being a CC or support weapon for engineer spec or some sort of CC weapon for thief.

Short-bow is used on offmeta lazy mode condi rangers , every single thief that isn't PVEing , and condi rev so it doesn't need as much help in terms of usability.

Longbow is meta for condi BS and for soulbeasts needing one wolf pack barrage burst. Despite only 3 classes using it , the weapon is quite popular among ranger openworld players and DH openworld players alike.

Focus sees enough use due to power DH , chronos, and weavers. I don't think a new spec will likely use it but if there is a new spec it would probably be for revs.

Warhorn is used quite a lot on druids, tempests and necromancers. That doesn't even include support spellbreaker warriors in WVW.

Hammer sees a lot of use in WvW but is underrepresented in PVE. There's power hammer backline rev, scrappers, support spellbreaker all using hammers. Realistically ranger might get this for a "bunny thumper" sort of melee CC spec.

I'm not sure which class could use scepter for a new spec, it's probably going to be revenant for support. I doubt ranger is getting another magic weapon , staff on druid was already a stretch. The weapon isn't actually underused in actuality so I don't think it's going to happen.

Anyhow there's been much speculation about this stuff in the past.

@Alurazle.5430 said:...Lesser used Weapons(4 out of 9):Scepter: Can't be used by Revenant/Warrior/Engineer/Ranger/ThiefFocus: Can't be used by Revenant/Warrior/Engineer/Ranger/ThiefWarhorn: Can't be used by Revenant/Guardian/Engineer/Thief/MesmerHammer: Can't be used by Ranger/Thief/Elementalist/Mesmer/Necromancer

Least used Weapons(3 out of 9):Mace: ONLY used by the 3 Heavy armor classesPistol: ONLY used by Engineers, Thief, and MesmerLongbow: ONLY used by Warrior, Guardian and RangerShortbow: ONLY used by Revenant, Ranger, and ThiefRifle: ONLY used by Warrior, Engineer, and Thief

So, there are 9 weapons for 9 classes. It would likely to be:

Scepter: Revenant. Easy choice. Joko theme.

Focus: Warrior. Combat monk with some kind of magic.

Warhorn: Guardian. Whatever they want, don't care, people still love to play it.

Hammer: Mesmer. They can hold a greatsword, why not hammer? Utilize crowd control.

Mace: Thief of course. Bandit theme.

Pistol: Necromancer. Demon Hunter, kids love it.

Longbow: Elementalist. They like shower others, this suits them.

Shortbow: Engineer. Especially repeating crossbow, with chemical theme.

Rifle: Ranger. This is which one animal hater going to play.

@Rexts.8037 said:Shortbow: Engineer. Especially repeating crossbow, with chemical theme.

Gotta say, I like the idea of a repeating crossbow with chemical theme. Add Skritt as a playable race and we can be Twitch from League of Legends!

But I would still prefer to give us a one handed weapon to dual wield, like mace. Having some weapon combinations available would be great, engineer is so restricted when it comes to weapons it is depressing.

We need more classes with longbow, it's a incredible weapon and one of the most favorite weapon as well.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Rexts.8037 said:Shortbow: Engineer. Especially repeating crossbow, with chemical theme.

Gotta say, I like the idea of a repeating crossbow with chemical theme. Add Skritt as a playable race and we can be Twitch from League of Legends!

But I would still prefer to give us a one handed weapon to dual wield, like mace. Having some weapon combinations available would be great, engineer is so restricted when it comes to weapons it is depressing.

This thing also happens with Revenant and Elementalist. There isn't a variety of weapons to combine, so it needs a two-handed or dual wield.I just wanted a Weaver with dual swords, things would be much easier.If Necro is going to get a sword like Weaver, the only effective power build is going to be sword/focus, and if sword is condi the build is going to be sword/dagger.And Weaver and Mesmers has two combinations instead of one.

@JohnWater.5760 said:We need more classes with longbow, it's a incredible weapon and one of the most favorite weapon as well.

This thing also happens with Revenant and Elementalist. There isn't a variety of weapons to combine, so it needs a two-handed or dual wield.I just wanted a Weaver with dual swords, things would be much easier.If Necro is going to get a sword like Weaver, the only effective power build is going to be sword/focus, and if sword is condi the build is going to be sword/dagger.And Weaver and Mesmers has two combinations instead of one.

I think weaver and holosmith just having mainhand sword was fine, since their class mechanics gave them alot of new skills on top of that.

Weaver was the class with the most newly given skills in the game, if I am not mistaken, thanks to the dual attack mechanic.Holosmith got additional skills with the photon forge.

They should get dual wield weapons if the new elite specs are not adding tons of skills through other features.I especially mentioned engineer, since I think it is unlikely that they will give them another mechanic with so many additional skills (it is possible, tho, for example they could give us something that temporarily replaces all our toolbelt skills with new ones!).In this case, it would be ok to just give us a single handed weapon in one hand.

Elementalist will always get tons of new skills for the simple fact that they are using the attunement mechanic, meaning they get 4 times the amount of skills from a new weapon than any other class.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:I'm hoping at least one class will get scepter.

I'm hoping at least one class will get longbow.

@Kodama.6453 said:I think weaver and holosmith just having mainhand sword was fine, since their class mechanics gave them alot of new skills on top of that.

Weaver was the class with the most newly given skills in the game, if I am not mistaken, thanks to the dual attack mechanic.Holosmith got additional skills with the photon forge.

They should get dual wield weapons if the new elite specs are not adding tons of skills through other features.I especially mentioned engineer, since I think it is unlikely that they will give them another mechanic with so many additional skills (it is possible, tho, for example they could give us something that temporarily replaces all our toolbelt skills with new ones!).In this case, it would be ok to just give us a single handed weapon in one hand.

Elementalist will always get tons of new skills for the simple fact that they are using the attunement mechanic, meaning they get 4 times the amount of skills from a new weapon than any other class.

You're totally right

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:this assumes we'll even get new e-specs D:

I think that is pretty much a given at this point.

Elite specs are one of the major selling points of the expansion, I am more hyped for the elite spec coming with end of dragons than anything else, including the location Cantha (and I am a HUGE fan of Cantha).It would be gigantic mistake from Anet to not release new elite specs with the expac.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:this assumes we'll even get new e-specs D:

I think that is pretty much a given at this point.

Elite specs are one of the major selling points of the expansion, I am more hyped for the elite spec coming with end of dragons than anything else, including the location Cantha (and I am a HUGE fan of Cantha).It would be gigantic mistake from Anet to not release new elite specs with the expac.

It's not given until release. And even then you might be an engi player only to get steamrolled 2 years later. :(

I really hope that for the next expansion they either introduce new weapons or make underwater weapons usable on land but with new skillsets (spear and trident, that is, I don't know how a harpoon gun is going to work on land, unless they redesign it into basically a new kind of weapon).Otherwise, I can't really see the warrior getting new weapons with the elite spec. We already have the monk-like staff wielding trickster, and the spellbreaker should already fill the warrior-mage archetype, in an "anti-mage" view. I'd like warrior to touch the "magic world" as little as possible.