Reflect should work like Stability

Straegen.2938

Most of us have all seen the reflect meta in full swing in large scale. It is constant with near 100% up time, never ending and another escalation that removes even more diversity in the meta. Reflect needs to have a certain amount of fixed uses and then drop rather than a time limit. This would open up more counters to the ability and increase diversity since anything that doesn't ground target or AoE is pretty much useless now in large scale.

@Straegen.2938 said:Most of us have all seen the reflect meta in full swing in large scale. It is constant with near 100% up time, never ending and another escalation that removes even more diversity in the meta. Reflect needs to have a certain amount of fixed uses and then drop rather than a time limit. This would open up more counters to the ability and increase diversity since anything that doesn't ground target or AoE is pretty much useless now in large scale.

100% agree. I've brought this up before. One problem is the amount of reflects that you cna have available over all. But you can also look at the what problems different reflects cause, for example: dome shaped reflects vs. walls or solo reflects (like magnet aura). I think the most toxic aswell as most abundant one is the dome shaped ones. And im including proj. destruction domes here aswell,There is virtually no way for a mprojectile skill to get around a dome whereas inn theory a wall can be walked around, although you can just stand in it. But seen in large scale battle that's harder to organise compared to a dome which you can jsut put ontop of your group.

I guess I'm a little biased and salty as an engi player with 2/2 core weapons being projectile weapons but.. ye, youget what I'm saying-

How about making projectiles have a minimum-reach even in reflects (e.g. 10 units)?That way point-blank hits would still hit in WoD while pirate ship and piercing would still be repelled.It would also reward people staying more inside the bubble instead of in its border and projectile-weapons would be usable again to an extent.At least to me it sounds strange that WoD destroys the pistol-shot when you put the pistol on the enemies chest.Regarding small reflects/blocks, like magnetic-aura, the distance would need to be adapted.

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:The solution is Unblockable. Get access to Unblockable. If you have to give up a utility slot, well then ask yourself what the pros and cons are.

HA !! People complained about the unblockable trait the soul beast had , so much , it was removed . Now people say " Oh just use an Unblockable " . This BS makes me laugh because people just don't consider the implications of nerfing things that are NOT the ROOT issue . Around and around we go . FIX THE BOON SPAM !!!!!!!

@Mokk.2397 said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:The solution is Unblockable. Get access to Unblockable. If you have to give up a utility slot, well then ask yourself what the pros and cons are.

HA !! People complained about the unblockable trait the soul beast had , so much , it was removed . Now people say " Oh just use an Unblockable " . This BS makes me laugh because people just don't consider the implications of nerfing things that are NOT the ROOT issue . Around and around we go . FIX THE BOON SPAM !!!!!!!

Unblockable has stacks now, same as stability.

As far as Soulbeast is concerned boons aren't the main problem, it's a close second though.

Personal reflection isn't the problem (except personally on elementalist), it's the mass amount of area reflection that's causing groups to have near 100% uptime. It's no different than the boon meta, except the only people who give a surprised pikachu face are the folks who rely more heavily on projectiles.

If you want to invest in personal reflection, that's fine -- having groups rotate AoE reflection for near permanent uptime is what causes some issues.

~ Kovu

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:Solution just go meele

Melee is mostly dead in large scale. It doesn't hit enough targets and requires an absurd amount of mitigation just to close the gap. The game has shifted fully into ground target builds and support bunkers spamming Reflect, Boons, etc. The large group that wins is typically the one with the better comp. There really isn't any counter strategy any longer as they have essentially nerfed melee so hard only a masochist runs one.

@Kovu.7560 said:Personal reflection isn't the problem (except personally on elementalist), it's the mass amount of area reflection that's causing groups to have near 100% uptime. It's no different than the boon meta, except the only people who give a surprised pikachu face are the folks who rely more heavily on projectiles.

If you want to invest in personal reflection, that's fine -- having groups rotate AoE reflection for near permanent uptime is what causes some issues.

~ Kovu

Unblcokables + spikes will still do damage thats a litle l2p issue, when players have relfect u dont know what to do nor know when to quit, players arent pve mobs.Note: Theres some tempests with magical perma auras... and thats called hacks, not sure if anet knows or they dont care anymore.

range + aoe is the way to play this game, melee is very dificult due how skills are spam designed, OFC counters to the countless of range and aoe must happen./ironyON

Should i start complaining as well players dodge my atacks and theres no counter for dodge, cause well im in full right to keep 11111222223333 and enemy dodging is cuting my performance?????

/ironyOFF