Revenant needs more weapon choices ASAP

JayAction.9056

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Rofl another greatsword thread !

! Knighthonor would be proud.

I don't like Knighthonor guy but is wishing GS as new power weapon for revenant a bad thing? We got shortbow last time local hipster revenant society begged for ranged condi weapon.Any VIABLE VARIETY would be really good.

I play condi bow, pve and wvw only a few classes can defeat me, it is a very good player or some class builder on low effort gimmicks like holo and Mesmer lamers.Firebrands weavers tempest, are easy to deal maybe a bit more that I was expecting.Scrapers are my counter so it’s possible I can’t do nothing to them or get defeated easilly.

Im inactive player who roam in wvw sometimes maybe once in a month out of bored and i have yet to run into a renegade that wouldnt be a free kill for my core condi rev. If they run shortbow i dont even dodge, that thing has no damage nor utility. But hey, keep providing free bags

Loot bags is good. But making shortbow good is better imoI actually ran into some renegade trailblazer/dire fucknuggets this week. One of them even kept chasing me after 20 minutes of me repetedly humiliating him and some guardian at SW camp of alpine border trying to prove something while bombarding my private inbox. The only other as miserable spec as renegade I know is probably staff ele though I must agree that renegade is still more powerful that it at some point kek

I don't like Knighthonor guy but is wishing GS as new power weapon for revenant a bad thing? We got shortbow last time local hipster revenant society begged for ranged condi weapon.Any VIABLE VARIETY would be really good.

I play condi bow, pve and wvw only a few classes can defeat me, it is a very good player or some class builder on low effort gimmicks like holo and Mesmer lamers.Firebrands weavers tempest, are easy to deal maybe a bit more that I was expecting.Scrapers are my counter so it’s possible I can’t do nothing to them or get defeated easilly.

I'm running hybrid shortbow in wvw and have a similar experience. I'd say most melee builds are easy to handle, even warriors if you master dodging their telegraphed attacks. Scrapper fights aren't really a counter for me, just a drawn out because Bulwark Gyro carries them. Overall I think the bad rep shortbow gets is due to lack of effort to learn a different play style.

Are you all guys playing on NA? I have some EU wars right here glaring menacingly at your posts

Yeah, I'm playing on NA. Not sure how most EU wars play, but like 90% of the ones here are running the same predictable builds, usually some variation with Defense + Discipline + Strength/Berserker/Spellbreaker traitlines. They take Last Stand as grandmaster so I know to not waste energy using Scorchrazor or other cc. They use GS + Axe/Shield so I just dodge and Risposting Shadows everything they do while auto-attacking them to death. Sometimes I even get lucky and find one not running shield trait so they get wrecked by Icerazor at the beginning of the fight.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread doesn't even make sense... You say Rev needs more weapon choices because every weapon they have is ether unusable or has been nerfed so hard that it's now grossly underpowered. While that's mostly true'ish, why would the solution to that be "Rev needs more weapons" instead of just making the ones they have useable/given back some of their previous power.

Staff and Sword both used to have crazy burst, but it got removed for balance reasons... WHY would anet give Revs a new weapon to fill the burst role? They would just be simultaneously recreating that problem and making existing weapons even more irrelevant. If anet wanted revs to have more burst, they would just return dps to sotm/ps/ua or re-reduce the cat time of shackling.

Let's be honest and admit that this is secretly just another "Plz let my edgeknight use his Twilight!" thread. :bleep_bloop:

@"narcx.3570" said:This thread doesn't even make sense... You say Rev needs more weapon choices because every weapon they have is ether unusable or has been nerfed so hard that it's now grossly underpowered. While that's mostly true'ish, why would the solution to that be "Rev needs more weapons" instead of just making the ones they have useable/given back some of their previous power.

Staff and Sword both used to have crazy burst, but it got removed for balance reasons... WHY would anet give Revs a new weapon to fill the burst role? They would just be simultaneously recreating that problem and making existing weapons even more irrelevant. If anet wanted revs to have more burst, they would just return dps to sotm/ps/ua or re-reduce the cat time of shackling.

Let's be honest and admit that this is secretly just another "Plz let my edgeknight use his Twilight!" thread. :bleep_bloop:

well some more weapons wouldnt be bad ^^ its getting a bit boring with the few weapons it has.Herald only playing with

• hammer as only ranged option

• staff as utility

• Power dmg: Sword and Axe

• Condi dmg: Mace and Axe

and the crappy shield ofc...

@Clownmug.8357 said:

Im inactive player who roam in wvw sometimes maybe once in a month out of bored and i have yet to run into a renegade that wouldnt be a free kill for my core condi rev. If they run shortbow i dont even dodge, that thing has no damage nor utility. But hey, keep providing free bags

Loot bags is good. But making shortbow good is better imoI actually ran into some renegade trailblazer/dire fucknuggets this week. One of them even kept chasing me after 20 minutes of me repetedly humiliating him and some guardian at SW camp of alpine border trying to prove something while bombarding my private inbox. The only other as miserable spec as renegade I know is probably staff ele though I must agree that renegade is still more powerful that it at some point kek

I'm running hybrid shortbow in wvw and have a similar experience. I'd say most melee builds are easy to handle, even warriors if you master dodging their telegraphed attacks. Scrapper fights aren't really a counter for me, just a drawn out because Bulwark Gyro carries them. Overall I think the bad rep shortbow gets is due to lack of effort to learn a different play style.

Are you all guys playing on NA? I have some EU wars right here glaring menacingly at your posts

Yeah, I'm playing on NA. Not sure how most EU wars play, but like 90% of the ones here are running the same predictable builds, usually some variation with Defense + Discipline + Strength/Berserker/Spellbreaker traitlines. They take Last Stand as grandmaster so I know to not waste energy using Scorchrazor or other cc. They use GS + Axe/Shield so I just dodge and Risposting Shadows everything they do while auto-attacking them to death. Sometimes I even get lucky and find one not running shield trait so they get wrecked by Icerazor at the beginning of the fight.No good war runs Defense nowadays. There are at least two other builds that never use defense.

@"narcx.3570" said:Let's be honest and admit that this is secretly just another "Plz let my edgeknight use his Twilight!" thread. :bleep_bloop:This is absurd yet very true.

But yeah, you have your GS on your mesmer cunt so let people who actually main this class get what they wish. There were multiple polls here and it's pretty obvious what people want, no matter how vocal your minority is.

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

Yeah, I'm playing on NA. Not sure how most EU wars play, but like 90% of the ones here are running the same predictable builds, usually some variation with Defense + Discipline + Strength/Berserker/Spellbreaker traitlines. They take Last Stand as grandmaster so I know to not waste energy using Scorchrazor or other cc. They use GS + Axe/Shield so I just dodge and Risposting Shadows everything they do while auto-attacking them to death. Sometimes I even get lucky and find one not running shield trait so they get wrecked by Icerazor at the beginning of the fight.No good war runs Defense nowadays. There are at least two other builds that never use defense.

I guess then there must not be any good wars left in NA because they all seem to run Shield Master, Defy Pain, and Last Stand, or at least 2 of those 3 traits.

@Clownmug.8357 said:

I guess then there must not be any good wars left in NA because they all seem to run Shield Master, Defy Pain, and Last Stand, or at least 2 of those 3 traits.

Yeah most wars I run into on NA are double stance Defense monkeys. I see a few running without Defense every once in a while. They hurt, but are easier to shut down. More fun to fight for sure.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Yeah most wars I run into on NA are double stance Defense monkeys. I see a few running without Defense every once in a while. They hurt, but are easier to shut down. More fun to fight for sure.

Yeah if a warrior doesn't run defense line it just gets blown up. If a warrior wants to kill stuff they just dump the elite specs and take strength I thought.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Yeah if a warrior doesn't run defense line it just gets blown up. If a warrior wants to kill stuff they just dump the elite specs and take strength I thought.

Ever since the Tactics update there have been more running that over Defense, but I don't see it as often anymore. The constant immobs from axe 3 are annoying, but I'm not sure if running it over Defense was just a passing fad.

One could say that the need for a condi weapon is a core only issue.

The problem is you have some classes where they also dont have a second condi weapon (looking at you warrior). Warrior is a bit better off because it can actually trait LB for burning on autos, but it is still unviable unless you run Berserker Elite. The old condi builds couldnt keep up with the power creep and are now downright awful.

I think there are two solutions that will never happen:

1. Add a new weapon; Too much work
  2. Make a current core weapon do hybrid damage so it could swing for power or condi. I just dont see them doing this.

Also, this has been brought up before on this forum before and several of the vocal Vets will argue incessantly that you just need to run Renegade for condi and that you should forget about having a core option, so dont expect support from the frequent fliers here.

Addendum: Engineer are actually in much worse need of a core MH weapon. They literally have NO power-based MH weapon to pair with shield...

• 8 months later...

@Opopanax.1803 said:One could say that the need for a condi weapon is a core only issue.

Also, this has been brought up before on this forum before and several of the vocal Vets will argue incessantly that you just need to run Renegade for condi and that you should forget about having a core option, so dont expect support from the frequent fliers

The entire point of elite specs is to fill in gaps in the core class and add new playstyles. Core doesn’t need to be viable for all things (plus Condi core rev is still decently viable even without renegade; it’s just a step down to run it when you can just run Ren instead).

@"narcx.3570" said:This thread doesn't even make sense... You say Rev needs more weapon choices because every weapon they have is ether unusable or has been nerfed so hard that it's now grossly underpowered. While that's mostly true'ish, why would the solution to that be "Rev needs more weapons" instead of just making the ones they have useable/given back some of their previous power.

Personally, as a rev main I think core could use a ranged condi-option. I think Scepter + Focus is a fair asking piece as it fits the kind of theme; As well with Condi rev being ultra spooky with mallyx it could be a good weapon to add in for that ritualist/casting/thing that people want to remove it from play so to speak at least weapon wise. Likewise it could be pushed into Invocation as a weapon option for that tree, designed to help you channel the mists. Give it some projectiles like trident and make it focused more on condi/disruption to vibe with mallyx and plenty of torment/chill to go around and boom,boop,bop, bam you finally have a viable condi secondary for core/herald. Which would be LOVELY.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:I want a greatsword that's a nodachi skin and cool samurai like strikes to pair with shiro :)Be cool in my books

Shiro consumes to much energy for its utilities mobility :\, still shiro is very towards offensive ,GS IMO would provide some close gaping but would be more like a completelly combat style something biased on "counter blows" defensive active gameplay, while shiro would be the dasher offensive :.

Imagine Signets that have passive efects only in certain situaions rather than perma, and their activation have the stronger version of the p+assive when u want it or need it.Selfish shouts could work as well :\

we already have alot of utilities that are aoe suppor and effect, most next expact classes will have to be more slefish overall, wihc IMO would help design the GS rev based on that theme.

About single handed weapons... if we have a main hand we will be stuck with sword or axe, and same happen if it is a offhand... will be mace or sword :\, so IMO we will receive mostly a 2h weapon or dual daggers like Warrior did, with legends somethign like Vizu/Nika\Talon Silverwing, Anton, etc.

We need lesser 2 handed loadouts and more main and offhands.

We have a serious lack of workable loadouts and 2handeds essentially become worthless the moment it gets repeatedly hammered .(See what I did there? Hammer and Staff are now useless due to people qqing over the years, and Hammer has never been useful even in PvE for anything other than a ranged option)

We could definitely use a Power ranged option, like Sceptre as suggested by many others.We could also use a light-weight mainhand weapon which leans toward hybrid play to provide options for both Condi and Power builds if players do not favour the entirely closed ranged nature of MH Sword or the heavy, slow swings of MH Mace.

Sceptre could have a basic attack at 900 range, a decent skill 2 which does moderate damage, maybe based on Chill, and a strong, longer cooldown defensive Skill 3 which can be something of an evade or retreat.

MH weapon could be an Axe, which has a 3 chain Skill 1 which applies Conditions, a mid ranged Skill 2 which sends a projectile out to apply Chill, and a Skill 3 which is a strong AoE cleave which also applies Conditions, increasing damage dealt based on target's current health.

@"Yasai.3549"

TDLR so if Anet gives us dual dagger we gain new main hand and off hand weapon :\ in wish IMO it is the best aproach, for everyone and the class itself, but i still want a GS :disappointed_relieved: maybe after Cantha i would not mind it if we wont receive a GS, state of the class imo should be putted in 1st place rather than "selfish wants".

Besides... Anet sellign shiro daggers on the TP..... all those players would buy it as well the shiro outfit.. $$$$€€€€https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shiro%27s_Blades

• 1 month later...

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@Opopanax.1803 said:One could say that the need for a condi weapon is a core only issue.

Also, this has been brought up before on this forum before and several of the vocal Vets will argue incessantly that you just need to run Renegade for condi and that you should forget about having a core option, so dont expect support from the frequent fliers

The entire point of elite specs is to fill in gaps in the core class and add new playstyles.
Core doesn’t need to be viable for all things (plus Condi core rev is still decently viable even without renegade; it’s just a step down to run it when you can just run Ren instead).

I couldnt disagree more on literally everything you said.

@JayAction.9056 said:From a pvp perspective Revenant is severely lacking any real choice.

one class should not handle all weapons

Hammer is unviable in pvp and has always been even at its strongest in 2015.for me it is viable. Check yours build.

Mace mainhand is only useful against people In gold as the way it targets and the lack of a snare makes the main source of damage from this weapon (#2 and #3) unreliable.mace good fo condi. Best weapon !

Shield is underpoweredwhy shield should overpowered?

Staff is underpowered and is never a weapon you will use other than to break pressure.

I like staff, 5 use to break finihser, 3 - blocks, great weapon

Shortbow is still a meme.? op range condi. May be to much powered.

Axe is only really useful to a condo build as the power damage coefficients are too low.

it this is great!

Sword mainhand has been nerfed from a high burst high sustain main hand weapon to a 0 burst, moderate sustain only weapon.sword at all best p dps weapon for skilled top players

We need new weapon choices ASAP. AT LEAST 3 -THREE-me not. At reve we have enough weapons and all strong or too strong.

Adding new weapons will only complicate the balancing act of the Revenant. And they won't be good just because they're new.
Some of the existing weapons need a buff. Hammer is abysmal. Condi needs clearer access and options. But you don't need a shiny new greatsword because you think your sword is meh (and it is not).

@Opopanax.1803 said:

The entire point of elite specs is to fill in gaps in the core class and add new playstyles.
Core doesn’t need to be viable for all things (plus Condi core rev is still decently viable even without renegade; it’s just a step down to run it when you can just run Ren instead).

Unfortunately for you it doesn’t matter if you disagree with me or not. This is Anet’s stance on Elite Specs and has been since Heart of Thorns

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Unfortunately for you it doesn’t matter if you disagree with me or not.
This is Anet’s stance on Elite Specs and has been since Heart of Thorns

I agree with your previous quote. Although I would love more weapons, my biggest issue with the core class is Ventari and its ability to perform as a dedicated support role (which extends to both e-specs as well) especially post-big balance patch. As a pretty diehard core Rev player, the base class is pretty great in most regards. Ancient Echo and an additional core traitline puts it at a totally respectable spot.