Elite Spec Ideas

Patc.4975

So here’s the elite specs I’m hoping Arenanet implements in the upcoming expansion:

Warrior - DragoonWeapon: SpearUtilities: Warrior Minions

Profession Mechanic: F2 to F4 skills called Formations that provide party buffs and change the minions’ autoattacks temporarily.

Role: Duelist or Teamfighter, depending on how deep you invest in minions

Guardian - MonkWeapon: Mainhand Torch (with weapon skin similar to Touch of Madness)Utilities: Stances

Profession mechanic: New Virtues (?)

Role: Close-range CC and non-damaging conditions

Revenant - DreadknightWeapon: Great swordLegendary Mursaat stance: Talios the Resplendent

Utilities: Distortion, stealth, shadow-steps and summoning a Jade Construct (Elite upkeep skill)

Role: Roamer

Ranger - CorsairWeapon: Offhand pistolUtility skills: Artifacts (turrets)Artifact turrets can summon spirits of kraken, sirens, pirate ghosts, etc

Profession mechanic: F5 is a banner skill, provides party boons.

Role: Bunker

Thief - ShadowguardWeapon: Offhand FocusUtilities: Cantrips

Profession Mechanic: F2 skill creates a magical tether between the player and either the target enemy or ally, providing boons to allies and soft CC to enemies

Role: Midrange Support

Engineer - IronheartWeapon: Main hand MaceUtilities: Traps

Profession Mechanic: F5 skill makes you transform into a ‘Space Marine’ style mech. The mech form is basically like Deathshroud for Engineers.

Role: Midrange Bruiser and Support

Elementalist - BattlemageWeapon: Mainhand MaceUtilities: Mantras

Profession Mechanic: When swapping attunements mid-combat, you gain an Ambush skill (aka Mirage Ambush) depending on your weapon and attunement.

Role: Midrange Plus 1 Burst

Mesmer - Spellsong (because, why give in and call it Bard?)Weapon: Offhand War hornUtilities: Kits (musical instruments)

Profession mechanic: Shatters are songs, providing boons to allies and conditions to enemies

Role: AoE Support

Necromancer - BloodlordWeapon: Mainhand SwordUtilities: Conjured Weapons

Profession mechanic: deathshroud is replaced with F1 to F4 skills that summon shadow serpents / shadow fiends to attack foes and block enemy attacks simultaneously. These aren’t minions, just attacks with built in blocks / evade frames that look like reddish black shadow fiends.

Role: Teamfighter

Hm, I think they should do something else for engineer.

I know, people like the idea of the engineer running around in a mecha suit. But I don't see this providing something new when it comes to playstyle. You describe it as "death shroud for engineer", but it is basically the same like photon forge from holosmith, just with the add on that you get additional health (while holosmith can provide barrier and damage reduction while in photon forge).

A mecha suit also sounds mostly fitting for a bruiser playstyle, something that can dish out damage while withstanding alot themselves. But we already have that with scrapper. The playstyle we need from the new elite spec is a dedicated support, like scourge or firebrand. It should focus on boon support (sharing might and either quickness or alacrity), to enable us to become viable healer supports in high end PvE.

The spec should also focus a bit on conditions. These 2 things would thematically combine the best in an alchemy based elite spec, at least these are my personal thoughts.

About mesmer. I already mentioned it in another thread, but no class should ever get access to kits. Engineer got alot of restrictions installed to get access to that feature, other classes didn't. It wouldn't be fair to give such a powerful mechanic to another class, while they don't have to suffer any from the downsides coming with it, like the inability to weapon swap or the most restricted weapon choices in the entire game.

Thief: This class already has access to cantrips through deadeye, therefore you should pick another utility skill type for this class.

@"Patc.4975" said:So here’s the elite specs I’m hoping Arenanet implements in the upcoming expansion:

Warrior - DragoonWeapon: SpearUtilities: Warrior Minions

Profession Mechanic: F2 to F4 skills called Formations that provide party buffs and change the minions’ autoattacks temporarily.

Role: Duelist or Teamfighter, depending on how deep you invest in minions

3 extra "F skills" might be a bit to much powercreep even for ANet. It'd be fine for me if they totally remove the burst and replace them by 3-4 of these formations, though.

Guardian - MonkWeapon: Mainhand Torch (with weapon skin similar to Touch of Madness)Utilities: Stances

Profession mechanic: New Virtues (?)

Role: Close-range CC and non-damaging conditions

Not really exciting, beside monk in gw's universe used to mainly be dedicated healer, a close range e-spec feel out of place under such a name.

Revenant - DreadknightWeapon: Great swordLegendary Mursaat stance: Talios the Resplendent

Utilities: Distortion, stealth, shadow-steps and summoning a Jade Construct (Elite upkeep skill)

Role: Roamer

Lack depth. I mean it's just GS and a legend, an e-spec need a bit more than that.

Ranger - CorsairWeapon: Offhand pistolUtility skills: Artifacts (turrets)Artifact turrets can summon spirits of kraken, sirens, pirate ghosts, etc

Profession mechanic: F5 is a banner skill, provides party boons.

Role: Bunker

Nope, just no. I don't mind the idea of a zoo ranger but your F5 is busted, the ranger don't need more boon support than he already provide.

Thief - ShadowguardWeapon: Offhand FocusUtilities: Cantrips

Profession Mechanic: F2 skill creates a magical tether between the player and either the target enemy or ally, providing boons to allies and soft CC to enemies

Role: Midrange Support

Seriously a "tether" mechanism on thief would be terrible. I mean, what's the use of stealth if everybody can see where you are due to the "tether"?

Engineer - IronheartWeapon: Main hand MaceUtilities: Traps

Profession Mechanic: F5 skill makes you transform into a ‘Space Marine’ style mech. The mech form is basically like Deathshroud for Engineers.

Role: Midrange Bruiser and Support

Traps are fiting of an engineer, I feel ashamed that I didn't even think of traps as a possible utility type for the engineer until now. That said the "deathshroud" like F5 is already done by holosmith making this mechanism lacking in originality, this kind of gamelay is already taken care of.

Elementalist - BattlemageWeapon: Mainhand MaceUtilities: Mantras

Profession Mechanic: When swapping attunements mid-combat, you gain an Ambush skill (aka Mirage Ambush) depending on your weapon and attunement.

Role: Midrange Plus 1 Burst

That would be either incredibly OP or pathetically weak and crippling. The later option being the most realistic of the two. In my opinion it's a no-no.

Mesmer - Spellsong (because, why give in and call it Bard?)Weapon: Offhand War hornUtilities: Kits (musical instruments)

Profession mechanic: Shatters are songs, providing boons to allies and conditions to enemies

Role: AoE Support

Like Kodama said, no kit please. The mesmer have yet to get shouts so a "bard" would probably use those instead of kit (Afterall music don't necessarily need instruments).

Necromancer - BloodlordWeapon: Mainhand SwordUtilities: Conjured Weapons

Profession mechanic: deathshroud is replaced with F1 to F4 skills that summon shadow serpents / shadow fiends to attack foes and block enemy attacks simultaneously. These aren’t minions, just attacks with built in blocks / evade frames that look like reddish black shadow fiends.

Role: Teamfighter

Again, no conjured weapon please. The main mechanism summoning shadow serpent feel out of place for an e-spec called bloodlord. You could have at least tried and say blood serpents instead of shadow serpents.

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:Maybe change ranger to have a shield to be able to block we got so much range already in

I still hope that ranger gets a hammer for the bunny thumper reference.

Would call it "stampede", a bruiser spec that is allowed to summon 2 pets temporarily (with reduced stats), gameplay is focused on lockdown and survival.

Warrior-1) Berserker with a Torch, Rage skills and Berserker mode which gives new Berserker Bursts abilities.2) Spell Breaker with dual Daggers, Meditations, and Full Counters mechanic that absorbs and counter attacks surrounding foes.3) Warlord with Melee Staff, hired Recruits, and Marks to aid allies on the battlefield.4) Champion with a main hand Shield, Punishment abilities that weakens or leaves foes vulnerable, and Protection mechanic, gives a barrier and tethers to allies, to absorb damage.5) Ravager with dual Pistols, Traps, and Ravage Burst mechanic which provides more of an area effect damage.6) Baron with Focus, Consecrations, and Burst turns into an Attunement.

Guardian-1) Dragonhunter with Long Bows, Traps, and the ability turn their Virtues into Physical Constructs.2) Firebrands with a main hand Axe, Mantras, and changes their Virtues in to Tomes of several spells.3) Archon with an off hand Sword, glyphs, and the ability to attune to a Virtue at a time.4) Summoner with a War Horn, Summon mythical creatures for aid, and convert Virtues into Virtuous Pets5) Mystic with main hand Focus, Arcane Spells, and Virtuous Burst abilities.6) Bastion with offhand Mace, Wells, and Virtuous Marks

Revenant-1) Hearld with a Shield, conjuring Dragon abilities, and able to tap into the Dragon Legend to buff them and their allies.2) Renegade with Short Bow, able to summon spiritual combatants, and harness a Legendary Warrior's ability to command ancient forces and charging your allies for battle.3) Overlord with dual Scepters, able to summon minions from the mist, and Over Charge their connection to their attune legend.4) Mist Walker with dual Pistols, the ability to use the mist offensive and defensively, and Merge Legend abilities.5) Rift Slayer with a Great Sword, and able to cast dimensional spells, and the timely ability to open or close a dimensional gate.6) Dreadknight with main hand Axe, Legendary Kodan, and marks enemies and has malice.

Ranger1) Druid with a Staff, glyphs, and the ability to turn into a Celestial Avatar2) Soulbeast with a main hand Dagger, combat stances, and the ability to take in the spirit of their pet granting them animalistic abilities.3) Shaman with a off hand Focus, summoning Totems that buff them and their allies, and having the ability to merge into their pet, having all of their pets' abilities.4) Warden with an off hand Shield, summoning herds and commanding nature to do their bidding, along with controlling 2 pets at the same time.5) Wanderer with a Hammer, having shouts to stifle their foes, and can summon random pets for a brief moment of time.6) Game Hunter with Rifle, Punishment, and Shade abilities

Engineer1) Scrapper with a Hammer, having mechanical Gyros that place wells at their destruction, and a personal gyro that revive an ally or finish a foe.2) Holosmith with a main hand Sword, the ability to conjure hard light, and the ability to Exceed their normal light abilities before they overheat.3) Machinist- with a main hand Mace, they can create gear for them and their allies, and their new mechanic allows them to use their gears to assemble into a Battle Mech.4) Technomancer with a Great Sword, and Physical Cybertronics abilities, and Mana that alters their Cybrotronics.5) Med Tech with an off hand Focus, Preparation skills, along with Biomatrix mechanic for buffing them and their allies.6) Escavator with Staff, Sonic abilities , and Full Counter ability.

Thief1) Daredevil with a Melee Staff, Physical Skills for attacking foes, and offensive and defensive Dodge abilities.2) Deadeye with a Rifle, cantrips for manipulating foes, and a Deadeye Mark and Malice mechanic to cause extra damage to marked targets.3) Inquisitor with a Torch, Survival Skills to allude foes or buff abilities, and an Intuition mechanic that uses the initiative as a bonus to combat.4) Reaver with dual Maces, summoning their Thieves Guild to aid in combat, and their Steal abilities a Counter in combat.5) Shadow Mage with an off hand Focus, Arcane Shadow spells, and can summon a Shadow Thief to steal from a distance.6) Strider with Great Sword, Kits, and Burst.

Elementalist1) Tempest with a War Horn and Shouts to command the weather and elements, and the ability to Overcharge their attunements, cause mass devastation in their wake.2) Weaver with a main hand sword, combat Stances to manipulate the elements, and the ability to control two separate elements at the same time.3) Magus with a main hand Focus, able to cast Consecration Spells, and the ability to Sub-attune, granting the benefits of other elements, while no longer able to swap attunements.4) Rune Master with a Long Bow, able to cast Elemental Wells, and Mark the ground with elemental symbols when they attune, buffing allies and damaging foes.5) Arcanist with an off hand Scepter, the ability use Mantras, and attune to a 5th Element "the Arcane"6) Numen with offhand Shield, Meditations, Avatar.

Mesmer1) Chronomancer with a Shield, Wells to control time, and a new mechanic Continuum Split, so they can go back in time.2) Mirage with a main hand Axe, Deception spells, and a Mirage Cloak that allows them to evade attacks without even moving.3) Enchanter with a Short Bow, enchanting Shouts, with their Shatter Skills having new abilities, making their clones Enchantments, buffing the allies close by instead of damaging foes.4) Psionic with a main hand Pistol, Sabotage skills work like Cantrips, and they have only have one Clone at a time but can be treated as 3 clones in 1.5) Conjurer with dual Daggers, that can Summon illusionary beasts that later turns to clones, and conjure 5 clones instead of 3, but the shatter ability only effects foes around the caster.6) Savant with offhand War horn, Meditations, Avatar.

Necromancer1) Reaper with Great Sword, Shouts that frighten their opponents, and a Reaper Shroud for close combat.2) Scourge with a Torch, Punishment abilities that torment and corrupt, and summons Shades to damaging foes close by.3) Diabolist with a Hammer, able to cast Tricks that damage foes, and can transform into a Demon Shroud.4) Death Stalker with a Rifle, Traps, and Stalking Spirits mechanics that can revive an ally or finish a foe.5) Warlock with a off hand Shield, Glyphs, and a new mechanic that turns their life force into a Burst depending on their main hand weapon.6) Death Bringer with offhand Axe, Stances, and Mark and Malice

Warrior: ParagonWeapon: JavelinUtilities: Chants

Guardian: ExecutionerWeapon: Off-hand swordUtilities: anything that clothes gaps and leaves burning trails

Revenant: Spirit TrapperLegend: Pyre Fierceshot (Legendary Trapper)Weapon: Longbow (1500 range, single target skills)The skills would basically be traps

Engineer: ElectromancerWeapon: Staff (ranged)Utilities: Signets

Thief: BladedancerWeapon: Offhand swordUtilities: Consecrationsone minor trait would cause Bladedancers to gain a defense boon instead, whenever a skill would apply stealth. Said Defensive boon also counts as revealed (for trait effects).

Ranger: Bunny ThumperWeapon: HammerUtilities: Physical

Necromancer: ToucherWeapon: hammerUtilities: Physical

Elementalist: unnamedWeapon: LongbowUtilities: Tricks

Mesmer: TricksterWeapon: mid range dual daggersUtilities: Tricks

Everyone else is doing it so I'm having a go as well. For many of the names/themes I was inspired by Canthan lore/culture/history. Though I must admit, in terms of gameplay/mechanics I often don't get very far.

Of course, we have no way of knowing whether the next batch of elite specs will actually have close ties to the expansion. That was only the case in a minor way with HoT (Berserker and Druid to a limited extent perhaps) and PoF (maybe Mirage, Spellbreaker, Scourge and Holosmith).

ThiefName: Obsidian AssassinWeapon: Main-hand Scepter or off-hand FocusTheme: Magical Assassin with ranged condition damage, control and some support. Takes inspiration from GW1’s Deadly Arts line with its half-range offensive spells. Ranged condition-focused Thief does not really exist yet and this is directly inspired by GW1's Assassin. Of course the name is a reference to the Obsidian Flame guild from Cantha.

RangerName: WardenWeapon: Spear or Trident or off-hand Focus or main-hand Scepter or RifleTheme: Beast-focused. Maybe able to temporarily swap places with the pet (player controls the pet and AI controls the character) or maybe summons both pets at the same time. Both the Soulbeast and the Druid limited the focus on pets, I wanted this elite spec to emphasize pets instead. The wardens were somehwat sylvari-like creatures found in the Echovald forest.

EngineerName: Afflictionologist? Plague doctor? Arcanomancer? Golemancer?Weapon: Two-handed Harpoon Gun or main-hand Scepter or off-hand TorchTheme: If it should be Canthan-focused than the bioengineer fits best I think with an engineer that studies the Affliction, however there is some design space left in the Engineer for an Asura-themed elite spec which opens the way for a magical engineer and/or a Golemancer.

WarriorName: Seaguard? Navigator? Reaver? Raider?Weapon: Off-hand Pistol or main-hand Spear or two-handed TridentTheme: Commander/Captain. This one is very clearly Luxon-themed and support-oriented.

GuardianName: Purifier? Purger?Weapon: Off-hand WarhornTheme: Inspired by the Ministry of Purity that tried to get rid of all non-Kaineng elements in Canthan society as well as of course cleaning up the mess of the Affliction. I thought the idea worked quite well for the Guardian.

RevenantName: Envoy? Ritualist?Weapon: Main-hand Scepter or off-hand Focus or off-hand TorchTheme: Channeling Master Togo. The envoys were spirits in Cantha that shepherded the dead to the afterlife. And of course the Ritualist is the Canthan profession dealing with spirits. Master Togo was the most prominent ritualist in the GW1 Canthan campaign. Ideally the spirits this elite spec uses would physically manifest, maybe they work like banners (but not only affecting allies) or turrets even.

ElementalistName: OracleWeapon: ?Theme: Themed around the four celestials (Kirin = water, Phoenix = fire, Dragon = air, Turtle Dragon = Earth). No concrete ideas about what the gameplay would look like but this elite spec would be associated with the Oracle of the Mists and Weh No Su.

NecromancerName: Redemptor?Weapon: ?Theme: Necromancers and Kurzicks go together perfectly (Kurzicks are ancestor-reverring eulogy-chanting gothics after all) and one of the most prominent aspects of their society are the Redemptors. Again, no clear Idea about how this would translate to gameplay. Of course there is a chance the Affliction-related spec does not go to the Engineer but ends up with the Necromancer instead. However then it would have to distance itself in some way from the Scourge, which might be difficult.

MesmerName: Bard? Siren?Weapon: Shortbow or WarhornTheme: Not very canthan I admit but it is a side of the mesmer that is present but has unfulfilled potential at the moment, that of the performer.

For thief I'm hoping to see an Enforcer/saboteur spec focused on control with hammer as a weapon. Not only would it be pretty far from the other specs but a two handed weapon removes the addition of dual skills which I feel are more of a core thief aspect and shouldn't be a part of an elite.

I hate to be the bubble burster. But I have to ask. Do we know 100% we are getting elite specs? I think it makes sense and is safe to assume we will, but what are the chances they go another route. Maybe they will do 3 new professions instead of 9 new elite specs?

@Roku.1852 said:I hate to be the bubble burster. But I have to ask. Do we know 100% we are getting elite specs? I think it makes sense and is safe to assume we will, but what are the chances they go another route. Maybe they will do 3 new professions instead of 9 new elite specs?

Unlikely, since elite specs are one of the major selling points of expansions.New classes don't provide the same as elite specs, people want their favourite characters to progress and elite specs are the way this is done in this game.

I know my engineer in and out, I main him and don't see myself investing so much time into a new character again.Also elite specs are opening up playstyles for classes. Right now, if I want to do high end PvE content, then I have to play as dps, since engineer is not considered viable as a support because of the lack of important boons and unique buffs for the party. Engineer has enough healing as is, but adding a support elite spec for engineer focused on boons and buffs would allow my main to become a meta healer spec, which opens up that position for me, so I am not forced to be a dps class always.

If the next expansion doesn't have elite specs, that would be a big reason for me not to purchase it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man, I like those ideas! I would love it if they add more elite specs as it adds more diversity to base classes.I have my own class Idea for Mesmer I thought I would share it here. :)

Name: Geist/ SorcererWeapon: Hammer, Mace , Warhorn.Theme:
Mesmer now gain Life Force bar sorta like Necromancers and loose all shatter skills, so now Mesmer's can became a Phantasm on activating the Life Force for a short time and gain phantasmal abilities. In Phantasm form players gain long range abilities maybe some can consume enemy boons for more Life Force or better damage.

Players can no longer summon Phantasms so now all weapon abilities that create phantasms are now replaced with different abilities that have new animations and functions instead. Utilities that create phantasms are also slightly more different and help Mesmer's generate Life Force instead.

Now clones create small stationery floating ghost like orbs at random locations that Mesmers have to walk over to generate life force instead. If an enemy or player walks into them they can take condi damage or gain boons. Players can also explode clones at the risk of loosing life force regen for extra damage or chain them in place if enemies are near the stationery orbs.

I couldn't think of a better name for Life Force, Maybe phantasmal force?Phantasm form doesn't have to be OP or anything just so long as its changing the way Mesmers can be played.

@Arcaneus.6931 said:Name: GeistWhy should a Mesmer dabble in Death magic?

Weapon: Hammer, Mace , Warhorn.Theme:

Mesmer now gain Life Force bar sorta like Necromancers and loose all shatter skills, so now Mesmer's can became a Phantasm on activating the Life Force for a short time and gain phantasmal abilities. In Phantasm form players gain long range abilities maybe some can consume enemy boons for more Life Force or better damage.

Most Elite specializations so far have iterated on the profession's core mechanic and none have removed it.Why should an elite specialization remove the Mechanic and replace it with that of another profession?

Players can no longer summon Phantasms so now all weapon abilities that create phantasms are now replaced with different abilities that have new animations and functions instead. Utilities that create phantasms are also slightly more different and help Mesmer's generate Life Force instead.Now clones create small stationery floating ghost like orbs at random locations that Mesmers have to walk over to generate life force instead. If an enemy or player walks into them they can take condi damage or gain boons. Players can also explode clones at the risk of loosing life force regen for extra damage or chain them in place if enemies are near the stationery orbs.

So, you take everything that makes a GW2 Mesmer a Mesmer and slap on a pinch of GW2 Necromancer, as well as WoW Demon Hunter (Soul Fragments) and WoW Monks (Chi Spheres)?Didn't it occur to you that this idea might be significantly more fitting for actual Necromancers?

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Arcaneus.6931" said:
Name:
GeistWhy should a Mesmer dabble in Death magic?

Weapon:
Hammer, Mace , Warhorn.
Theme:

Most Elite specializations so far have iterated on the profession's core mechanic and none have removed it.Why should an elite specialization remove the Mechanic and replace it with that of another profession?

Scourge remove the traditional "shroud". I don't think it would be very different to have mesmer have a transformation instead of it's shatters and have the skills#2 to 5 of this transformation benefit from the core traits associated to the shatters. The life force thought is out of place there, I'd say mental focus as a ressource instead and make it generated by any weapon skill that would otherwise summon a clone.

@Fueki.4753 said:

Name:
GeistWhy should a Mesmer dabble in Death magic?

Weapon:
Hammer, Mace , Warhorn.
Theme:

You do realize Phantasm also means apparition, or ghost. So I am not sure what your on about Mesmers dabbling in Death magic, never really mentioned Death Magic.Scourge removed the traditional Shroud skill? I see no problem with them doing the same with mesmers to keep the class fresh to add more diversity and variation that changes the gameplay of the class so it doesn't became the same thing.

So, you take everything that makes a GW2 Mesmer a Mesmer and slap on a pinch of GW2 Necromancer, as well as WoW Demon Hunter (Soul Fragments) and WoW Monks (Chi Spheres)?Didn't it occur to you that this idea might be significantly more fitting for actual Necromancers?

I have no idea what your saying, never played WoW. Mesmers can already summon Phantasms of themselves I don't see the problem in where we are given the ability to take form as one and change up the gameplay a bit. Sure most of the Elites will eventually will end up feeling the same as other classes but at the end of the day if they change up how classes are played I am all up for it.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:

Scourge remove the traditional "shroud". I don't think it would be very different to have mesmer have a transformation instead of it's shatters and have the skills#2 to 5 of this transformation benefit from the core traits associated to the shatters. The life force thought is out of place there, I'd say mental focus as a ressource instead and make it generated by any weapon skill that would otherwise summon a clone.

Yeah I actually like that idea, sure it might not follow the tradition of Mesmer Elites but I feel like it would make it interesting and diverse for sure.

@Arcaneus.6931 said:

You do realize Phantasm also means apparition, or ghost.In case you purposely missed that in your search: The majority of search results (not related to movie media) shows that phantasms are related to mind trickery, imagination and illusions. So we can safely say that Phantasms in GW2 aren't related to Death at all.

I am not sure what your on about Mesmers dabbling in Death magic, never really mentioned Death Magic.Geist literally means ghost in German. Thus, you directly mentioned Death-relation within one of the proposed names of the elite specialization.

Scourge removed the traditional Shroud skill?The self-shroud is only part of the Necromancer's core mechanic. Scourge still uses Life Force to generate Shades, which kind of work as an Area shroud.F2-F5 still work similar to the self-Shroud skills. F5 even has Shroud in its name.Thus, we can say that the Shade mechanic is an iteration of the Core Mechanic, not a replacement.

I see no problem with them doing the same with mesmersYou don't see the many, MANY traits and skills that interact shatter skills and Illusions in complexer ways than Shroud traits do?You don't see all those skills and traits that won't work with your envisioned Orb mechanic?

@Fueki.4753 said:In case you purposely missed that in your search: The majority of search results (not related to movie media) shows that phantasms are related to mind trickery, imagination and illusions. So we can safely say that Phantasms in GW2 aren't related to Death at all.

Geist literally means ghost in German. Thus, you directly mentioned Death-relation within one of the proposed names of the elite specialization.

You don't see the many, MANY traits and skills that interact shatter skills and Illusions in complexer ways than Shroud traits do?You don't see all those skills and traits that won't work with your envisioned Orb mechanic?

I don't know why you keep insisting I am going for a Death/Necro theme for mesmers, sure the name 'Geist' leans more towards death, but that really isn't the idea I was going for I just couldn't think of a better name hence I also put Geist/Sorcerer or what ever name fits the class.

As for traits I am sure they can still benefit with Orb Mechanic if not there are probably many other ways to go around it, was just offering my idea. No Need for the aggressive attack dude. If you don't like it that's fine also. Just chillout.