Does No Quarter have voice acting in it yet?

inch.3769

Apparently the voice acting is recorded in Los Angeles, so it depends on when the shelter-in-place order is lifted there and they're allowed to have people in the studio again If you're able to keep an eye out for news from California you should be able to find out when that's happening. (And since so much of the entertainment industry, and many others, are based there I'm sure it will be talked about when the city is able to return to normal.)

Although Anet recording voice acting might be later than many businesses reopening because they sent their employees home before there was an official requirement to do so, and recording dialogue involves having several people in a small space with limited ventilation (windows mess with acoustics, especially if they're open, and air conditioning can't be too loud) for several hours at a time, which is ideal conditions to spread a virus. So they might wait longer to make sure it's definitely safe.

But whenever it does happen I'm sure they'll let us know.

IIRC, some studios have figured out ways to allow voice actors to record their lines from home, either by sending equipment to their houses or through other means. Not saying that they should do it if already considered it, but it definitely seems possible to get some VO work done

• 3 months later...

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:If it was going to be this quick they’d have just delayed release. I can’t see it being earlier than next episode if we are lucky

You think they would have delayed a release in May as long as the end of September/early October?

No?

You did see the date of my reply and the OP right?

uh... ok, nevermind LOL

@"Headcase.4618" said:IIRC, some studios have figured out ways to allow voice actors to record their lines from home, either by sending equipment to their houses or through other means. Not saying that they should do it if already considered it, but it definitely seems possible to get some VO work done

South Park did their entire "Pandemic Special" episode (recording, animation, etc.) from their homes.

@Bristingr.5034 said:

@"Headcase.4618" said:IIRC, some studios have figured out ways to allow voice actors to record their lines from home, either by sending equipment to their houses or through other means. Not saying that they should do it if already considered it, but it definitely seems possible to get some VO work done

South Park did their entire "Pandemic Special" episode (recording, animation, etc.) from their homes.

They have been recording from home.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/1304119936617381888

How do you think they had the VO for Sunqua peak?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As long as it comes in before any new episodes are released i'll keep being patient.

It's been almost half a year for me since I got any new Gw2 content so that is starting to drag a bit.. not that it can be helped but it's still frustrating.I just don't want to see a "hey guys new episode fully voiced coming next month" announcement from Anet anytime soon.. i'll be seriously kittened off if they prioritised new content over fixing the last 2 episodes after they promised the voice patch would be their priority after the fractal.My patience has limits lol and I hate having to forcefully stop myself playing the last 2 episodes because I know i'll ruin them for myself if I play them without any voice acting XD

@"Teratus.2859" said:As long as it comes in before any new episodes are released i'll keep being patient.

It's been almost half a year for me since I got any new Gw2 content so that is starting to drag a bit.. not that it can be helped but it's still frustrating.I just don't want to see a "hey guys new episode fully voiced coming next month" announcement from Anet anytime soon.. i'll be seriously kittened off if they prioritised new content over fixing the last 2 episodes after they promised the voice patch would be their priority after the fractal.My patience has limits lol and I hate having to forcefully stop myself playing the last 2 episodes because I know i'll ruin them for myself if I play them without any voice acting XD

I reckon itll launch with the next episode to be honest since they are likely recording it all together anyway

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Teratus.2859" said:As long as it comes in before any new episodes are released i'll keep being patient.

I reckon itll launch with the next episode to be honest since they are likely recording it all together anyway

Dunno how i'd feel about that in general but it would be acceptable.Problem would be splitting the players, those who played the existing maps for the last few months would move on to the new one diminishing the population of the last map.But that would also allow those of us waiting to get a more nooby first time experience with the last map so I dunno.. kinda swings both ways in the pros and cons I guess.