Fractal Rush Community Goal Reward Bug - Didn't Get 2nd Reward - [Merged]

As of 10/1/2020 at 12:43 pm eastern time zone, I am being told from people in Lion's Arch that so far two community goal rewards have been dished out. I only received the 1st reward. I am sure that I did not receive the 2nd award. I have been running fractals nonstop ever since the event released. I should have received both rewards. I would remembered if I received both rewards, because of the amount of fractal pages that I got from the 1st reward was a lot. And the amount of fractal pages I have now is the same as after the 1st reward.

Some people are not receiving the rewards when they should be. Again, I have quite seriously been running this event nonstop since release, to where I had about 150 bonus boxes to open up last night/early this morning.

@Jilora.9524 said:Just log into la or if you sitting in la or come out of a fractal it doesn't give the next tier it seems. Log to character select worked for me

Nothing is working at all. Log in, log out, all the way out exit client, log into different characters, nothing.

It's definitely bugged. I'm not confused on anything, I simply did not receive the 2nd box.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Funny thing...I realised I haven't received any of community goal rewards at all.. Ported to LA - nothing. Then, ported to mistlock sanctuary and got all 3 of them. Seems like this is a weird bug.

So one of these days, 2 months from now or something like that, I'll load into Ascalon Catacombs and get my 2nd community reward box.

Amazing.

I haven't gotten any rewards at all. My Bonus Event: Fractal is showing 0/1-0/5 for all. I've been doing this daily since the bonus event started with guildies, doing recommended as well as dailies. They have all gotten credit and state we are on Tier 5. I have tried hopping to different maps, logging into and out of the game, changing characters and still, I show I haven't participated nor that any Tier has been done.

I've put in a bug report, I've requested support help twice now, the first person saying they wouldn't help me get the rewards and I'm waiting to hear from the second support request.

If anyone has any idea's what I could do to fix this short of deleting my game and reinstalling. I'm on a slow internet connection with NO option of getting a higher internet service. It would take 2 days to download a new game.

@Silver.7912 said:I haven't gotten any rewards at all. My Bonus Event: Fractal is showing 0/1-0/5 for all. I've been doing this daily since the bonus event started with guildies, doing recommended as well as dailies. They have all gotten credit and state we are on Tier 5. I have tried hopping to different maps, logging into and out of the game, changing characters and still, I show I haven't participated nor that any Tier has been done.

I've put in a bug report, I've requested support help twice now, the first person saying they wouldn't help me get the rewards and I'm waiting to hear from the second support request.

If anyone has any idea's what I could do to fix this short of deleting my game and reinstalling. I'm on a slow internet connection with NO option of getting a higher internet service. It would take 2 days to download a new game.

So did you turn in 1 community token for a 1 token box and not get credit at all?

@Ashantara.8731 said:Guess this one has been swapped under the rug by ArenaNet? :s Thanks a lot. :angry:

You sure it wasent accepted on an alt?

To become eligible to the Community Goal Rewards you need to contribute towards the Community Goal, that seems to be obvious.

Here is a quote from the official blog post:

Trade your trophies in to Fractal Researchers outside asura gates leading to the Mists to contribute to the community goal. Participants will receive more Bonus Boxes of Goods for progressing the goal to higher tiers.Source: https://guildwars2.com/en/news/weeklong-bonus-event-fractal-rush/

Based on that quote, you can conclude that if you didn't receive your Community Goal rewards, you didn't trade trophies at the vendor. Unfortunately, this is not exactly true.

Here is what I understand out of the quote:

• You contribute towards the Community Goal by trading in trophies at the vendor. (first sentence of the quote)
  • You should receive Bonus Boxes of Goods as a part of Community Goal rewards (keyword "more" in the second sentence)

First of all, there were no Bonus Boxes of Goods in the Community Goal rewards.Secondly, it was found by players that they had to exchange trophies for at least one Bonus Box of Goods in order to receive the Community Goal rewards. So, if you didn't receive your Community Goal rewards, but you traded in trophies, you must have traded them only for the novelties.Source: https://reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/j6cvwo/havent_received_a_single_fractal_rush_reward_only/

Some of you may be in luck and have a few trophies left in your inventory. You have until 2020.10.13 to exchange them for a Bonus Box of Goods to receive all the Community Goal rewards.

If you're one of the not-so-lucky players who traded trophies only for the novelties, I strongly believe that you should write a support ticket and/or reply below. You definitely traded in trophies, which I have no doubt, should have made you eligible to the Community Goal rewards.

It's 2 of you only that got 4 of 5 just happened to miss the one with the time gated 28 fractal pages. I find it more likely you got it after doing a rec or something opened and it went into that pile of pages and you just didn't notice. Now if you screenshot me a picture of the achieve section and 4 of 5 are complete and 2 sits empty then ok but otherwise there would be a lot more then just 2 talking about missing 1/5 other then the one's who got 0/5 because they only bought endless novelties

@"Matt.4536" said:To become eligible to the Community Goal Rewards you need to contribute towards the Community Goal, that seems to be obvious.

Here is a quote from the official blog post:

Trade your trophies in to Fractal Researchers outside asura gates leading to the Mists to contribute to the community goal. Participants will receive more Bonus Boxes of Goods for progressing the goal to higher tiers.Source:

Based on that quote, you can conclude that
if you didn't receive your Community Goal rewards, you didn't trade trophies at the vendor
. Unfortunately, this is not exactly true.

Here is what I understand out of the quote:
  • You contribute towards the Community Goal by trading in trophies at the vendor. (first sentence of the quote)
  • You should receive Bonus Boxes of Goods as a part of Community Goal rewards (keyword "more" in the second sentence)

First of all, there were no Bonus Boxes of Goods in the Community Goal rewards.Secondly, it was found by players that they had to exchange trophies for at least one Bonus Box of Goods in order to receive the Community Goal rewards. So,
if you didn't receive your Community Goal rewards, but you traded in trophies, you must have traded them only for the novelties
.Source:

Some of you may be in luck and have a few trophies left in your inventory. You have until 2020.10.13 to exchange them for a Bonus Box of Goods to receive all the Community Goal rewards.

If you're one of the not-so-lucky players who traded trophies only for the novelties, I strongly believe that you should write a support ticket and/or reply below. You definitely traded in trophies, which I have no doubt, should have made you eligible to the Community Goal rewards.

I didn't purchase any novelties, only boxes.

I purchases boxes on the first day on this event release, and I did get the 1st box.

I continued to run fractals aaaall through the next interval between 1st com reward and 2nd com reward, returning in trophies to get boxes periodically through this interval of time.

When the 2nd community reward was released, I did not get the 2nd reward. Even after returning more trophies to get more boxes, I still did not get the 2nd reward.

I continued to play the event and received every other community reward.

When the event ended, I had some extra trophies which I turned in for more boxes and still never received the 2nd box.

Arenanet can check my log play/drop history or whatever if they don't believe me.

Some people straight flat out got bugged somehow and did not receive the 2nd box. Notice how not a single person is claiming to have not received any other box other than the 2nd. Something went wrong with the 2nd community reward.

It's not that important for me to follow a submit ticket over, but it would be nice if I could get the 2nd community reward at some point. Just figured I'd drop my final feedback on the matter here in this thread.

@Jilora.9524 said:It's 2 of you only that got 4 of 5 just happened to miss the one with the time gated 28 fractal pages. I find it more likely you got it after doing a rec or something opened and it went into that pile of pages and you just didn't notice. Now if you screenshot me a picture of the achieve section and 4 of 5 are complete and 2 sits empty then ok but otherwise there would be a lot more then just 2 talking about missing 1/5 other then the one's who got 0/5 because they only bought endless novelties

Nope. I know it's hard to believe, but I simply did not get the 2nd community goal reward.

My achievements are all complete, yet I did not get the 2nd box. If you are an Arenanet dev or something on an unlabeled alt, go check my account history, you'll see.

And no, I am confused and did not accidentally open a special event reward box with a ton of stuff in it and not notice. I simply did not receive the 2nd community reward even though the achievements say that I should have.

Furthermore I must have opened up about 300 to 400 bonus boxes by the end of this event or maybe even more, and I did not receive any drop beyond common drop rate and a couple exotics. ^^ Felt bad man.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:It's 2 of you only that got 4 of 5 just happened to miss the one with the time gated 28 fractal pages. I find it more likely you got it after doing a rec or something opened and it went into that pile of pages and you just didn't notice. Now if you screenshot me a picture of the achieve section and 4 of 5 are complete and 2 sits empty then ok but otherwise there would be a lot more then just 2 talking about missing 1/5 other then the one's who got 0/5 because they only bought endless novelties

Nope. I know it's hard to believe, but I simply did not get the 2nd community goal reward.

My achievements are all complete, yet I did not get the 2nd box. If you are an Arenanet dev or something on an unlabeled alt, go check my account history, you'll see.

And no, I am confused and did not accidentally open a special event reward box with a ton of stuff in it and not notice. I simply did not receive the 2nd community reward even though the achievements say that I should have.

Furthermore I must have opened up about 300 to 400 bonus boxes by the end of this event or maybe even more, and I did not receive any drop beyond common drop rate and a couple exotics. ^^ Felt bad man.

Did you expect anything else then common drop and some exotics out of those boxes?I opened 320 and got the same result dident expect more.

@Linken.6345 said:

Did you expect anything else then common drop and some exotics out of those boxes?I opened 320 and got the same result dident expect more.

Yes actually.

Bonus Event boxes that are only obtainable through fractal grind completion, that cannot be purchased in bulk off the TP such as Trick Or Treat bags, I definitely expected to yield higher drop rates. 400+ boxes is a lot of organic play time.