Sunqua Peak Instabilities

blackoil.2673

Yesterday we had some instabilities in Sunqua Peak that IMO directly collide with the mechanics of the boss, making it extremely challenging.

Specially Stick Together: Sunqua Peak boss has many mechanics that forces people to split and yet we have a instability that penalizes splitting. Combined with hamstrung it was a complete nightmare.

IMO it's one of these fractals where some instabilities just don't really work - I think I'll just skip next time we get some combo of this sort.

Yes, that lightning attack, during wich party should make some distance from one to another, with today's instabilities is capable of one-shot players. Today not only damage taken is increased by 60% but also HP is lowered by Frailty's 30%.Frailty makes all basic boss' attacks into one-shot. Hamstrung make sure that you won't have dodge to prevent that one-shot attacks. Also Hamstrung makes it hard to fast complete cloud phase, during which your character suffers from condition damage, far away from healer, and at some point simply unable to fast running.

My honest opinion, all three instabilities listed above are most awfull, together with Social Akwardness, in any fractal.

Yes, this does increase the necessity for players to actually AVOID attacks and not face tank everything thrown at them or rely on a healer to cover for their mistakes.

One can argue over if this increases the difficulty above what should be intended. Then again, given how the new CM is being soloed and every meme tank build can just afk it, dunno. Maybe making players have to deal with mechanics is not that bad of an idea.

On the upside, there will be fractal instability combinations which will make it significantly easier too.

@Cyninja.2954 said:or rely on a healer to cover for their mistakes.With Hamstrung instability, only thing you can do is rely on healer...And during Cloud phase of boss fight, everyone must scatter to close more clouds at same time. But also everyone takes constant damage. In case with Hamstrung, there is a critical point, because of lack of mobility, where party simply can't make it in time to discharge all Clouds. Only one person has full mobility during cloud phase under Hamstrung, a healer.

If all party will be running around near healer, to nullify Hamstrung, it will be wipe. Because you won't make it in time. If party will scatter, Hamstrung will deny the mobility of anyone but healer, and other instabilities like Stick Together or Afflicted ( or both!!! ) will simply kill everyone but healer.

Instabilities should make fractals harder, but not to the point of total counter of counter mechanics for boss fight.

@Aeon.4583 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:or rely on a healer to cover for their mistakes.With Hamstrung instability, only thing you can do is rely on healer...And during Cloud phase of boss fight, everyone must scatter to close more clouds at same time. But also everyone takes constant damage. In case with Hamstrung, there is a critical point, because of lack of mobility, where party simply can't make it in time to discharge all Clouds. Only one person has full mobility during cloud phase under Hamstrung, a healer.

If all party will be running around near healer, to nullify Hamstrung, it will be wipe. Because you won't make it in time. If party will scatter, Hamstrung will deny the mobility of anyone but healer, and other instabilities like Stick Together or Afflicted ( or both!!! ) will simply kill everyone but healer.

Instabilities should make fractals harder, but not to the point of total counter of counter mechanics for boss fight.

You seem to assume that it is impossible to dodge/avoid all the attacks in this fight. You are wrong.

The cloud phase especially is very easy to not get hit. Simply don't backtrack or stop running.

My PUG group had no issue with any of this today. Not sure, I was indeed on hfb but none of the split phases were an issue for anyone and I certainly was not babysitting others there. Hamstrung was not noticed at all.

We cleared the entire first phase with no problems having a relatively inexperienced Fractal CMer fill a slot. We did wipe a couple times on 2nd phase, but it wasn't as bad as I anticipated it to be.

Just know your instabs, and react accordingly: Hamstrung wasn't noticeable to me; Stick Together was only relevant at select times; and Frailty ensured you didn't reply on your healer for survival.

This is probably one of the worst combos you can have, so if you cleared this then anything else should be easier.

Stick Together is actually a good instability here. When you have to split, nothing dangerous happens, as the attacks are telegraphed, and while together you get much less damage... and for example the water phase at 1st part is very easy with that instab... you can just stick together and facetank the stupid tornado damage.

@blackoil.2673 said:Specially Stick Together: Sunqua Peak boss has many mechanics that forces people to split and yet we have a instability that penalizes splitting. Combined with hamstrung it was a complete nightmare.

Oh boy, my first pull yesterday on CM100.I ended up being at 30% hp right after the first cloud split phase, imagine my struggle of staying alive with the Harmstrung debuff, burned all my dodges, couldn't holo leap more than two times cus I overheated, had to use the jumps to avoid taking more hits, and eventually downed to the constant thunder AoEs spawning above me without beign able to outrun it.It was kinda amusing, and so ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...