Tankiest class?

lezbefriends.7516

Tankiest class? A well played Firebrand.

Though, when optimizing for DPS, you'll get one-shotted for ADHD mistakes with that...

Full Marauder Reaper is very forgiving though. Plenty of HP + Shroud = One-shots will rarely happen. Throw in some minions (Especially the skill "Rise!" and Blood Magic) and it becomes easy to just face-tank most things.

If you want to be OmegaTank, pick a class, build a Condi spec and run full Trailblazer/Dire and you'll be hard as heck to kill, able to solo pretty much anything you want. The epitome of tankiness would be classes that can go with full Dire and still have 100% condi duration (I.e. Burn based classes with Runes of Balthazar. Such as Firebrand, Holosmith and Weaver/Tempest)

Mirage if yu are the spazzoid yu claim and keep slapping random stuff.

Even though Mirage has only 1 dodge, they are still pretty braindead spammy when it comes to anything.

Only thing yu can't avoid is getting jumped and one shotted all the same but that's yur fault for not keeping an eye out for the enemy.

• 2 weeks later...

For open PvE there is a Renegade build that focusses on bombardment, you also build battle scars that heal per hit. Coupled with Marauder I can sit in Tequatl's fingers red circles a few seconds while my attention is elsewhere and recover. Also Drizzlewood it was really no brain survival while doing good damage and having quite a fun rotation, so it keeps my attention unlike a lot of others. Bonus you get to buff people a little too.

I have an 80 of everything and I have run them all in Drizzlewood semi afk watching videos on my otherscreen, minion master necro is another, and maybe bounding staff daredevil too. As someone else Mesmer either axe/pistol/torch mirage or chrono wells is good. I am autistic and ADHD, those in order are my favourites for survival.

Something similar to: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Power_Bombardment

Necromancer is the answer

ADHD mistakes = you press wrong thing at a wrong time. So all the panic button classes are out. You need the guy who can deal damage while being tanky 24/7 and is more about stats than reflexes compared to other professions. That's necro, pure and simple.

He is tanky right out the gate and is given tons of free stats (especially attack ones) in his traits, so he can skip glass cannon gear and go for more tanky options while still packing a heavy punch, giving him great offense and defense at the same time, all the time.

Price for this goodness is that you don't have panic button defenses of other classes that completely shut down enemy damage for a period of time. As necro you'rea meant to eat it, but you're also meant to be always ready to take it and ask for seconds just cause you can!

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Reaction time is generally better in individuals with adhd too.

I don't think that's true, might be even worse due to problems with focusing on a given task.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@ASP.8093 said:Are you looking for a PvE build or a WvW/SPvP build?

PvE.

Probably necro, ranger with pet tanking for you, warrior with a build focused more on a sustain than on pure dps, maybe daredevil with vit added to prevent the oneshots and invigorating precision trait to heal back up.

• Confused 1

For open-world: (these follow mostly dps metabuilds traitwise)-Power Scrapper (with Chronomancer runes)-Trailblazer's Mirage with Tormenting runes and Sigil of Strength, Energy and Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew-Trailblazer's Renegade/Herald with same setup (except different food and not Energy sigil)-Trailblazer's Scourge with same setup as rene, maybe some minions as bonus in open-world-Power Renegade 'cause Dance of Death. Valkyrie armors+weapons, zerker trinkets, Roiling Mists traited, Strength runes, Energy+Frailty sigils, Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew-Trailblazer's Firebrand with Mace as main-hand and Defender runes, Strength+Smoldering Sigils, Fire Meat Chili-Power Daredevil with IP+Trickery traited, Valkyrie armors (rest zerker), Accuracy+Strength sigils, Strength runes

Depends on what you want to do, but I've had a fair bit of success on this build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSBBs+tjlVUx+CcgFOoOGZkWMPqPVA-zRJYmxfZkTi0Rd79FJI+r5ETbA-e

I don't have food/crystals up 24/7, but they are just topping for the build's cake.

The only real "trick" to know is to (after laying down all your corruption skills on a boss) - use consume conditions to clear then use F2 to clear the conditions from consume conditions.

If you feel you need more damage, swap Parasitic (Curses G1) for Lingering Curse (Curses G3).

You'll gain health every time you inflict torment (aka most of the time) and every time a condition ticks its damage (aka all of the time). You should also have carapace up for most of the time - you can always get a quick infusion of carapace by using Corrosive Poison Cloud (which should take you straight to 20+ with a couple mobs in the area). You'll also be pulsing 48% damage reduction (with 3 shades + 25+ carapace) as well as 45% condition damage reduction on yourself. Suffice to say - you'll be fairly tanky most of the time (even in Vipers).

When in battle, spam out F3 and F5 whenever you can (make sure shades are out so your F-skills also hit enemies). Save F2 for after you use your healing skill and save F4 for breakbars.

You can swap from Scepter/Dagger to Staff in your off-hand in you need extra breakbar coverage.

Plaugelands is really nice for breakbars, you just need to time it correctly. Once it gets to the 5th pulse, it starts pulsing CC for the remainder of the 5 rounds. So you just need to cast it a little earlier (cast it when the breakbar is about half) and make sure the boss stays in its relatively small AoE.

If you need a larger elite or you can't get the Plaguelands timing down - use Ghastly Breach. It also gives you and your allies might, so it isn't bad at all.

Use Blood is Power and Desiccate right before a damage spike, or when you are stacked up with other players on a boss.

Desiccate can also be used when you are out of life force and/or you need some more and there are a lot of enemies nearby.

I hope it works out for you!

P.S. Underwater is a little trickier because Corrosive Poison Cloud and Desiccate don't work. But at the same time, Trident will net you a LOT of carapace - so you'll be fine.